Jump to content

Bryant back! Garland, Julio, Devonta Out vs Jags


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, TRUju2111 said:

My worry is with Julio, last year him and Ryan had a disconnect, they lost there chemestry. Not working together in the offseason, not getting reps in preseason, I am very concerned. THEY NEED TO BE ON POINT FOR THIS OFFENSE TO SUCCEED!

This is a valid concern after what we saw last year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TRUju2111 said:

My worry is with Julio, last year him and Ryan had a disconnect, they lost there chemestry. Not working together in the offseason, not getting reps in preseason, I am very concerned. THEY NEED TO BE ON POINT FOR THIS OFFENSE TO SUCCEED!

They didn't lose chemistry, people forgot how to catch balls last year.  The offense lead the league in drops, that has nothing to do with chemistry.

I'd be much more concerned if they weren't full go's in practice.  Which they are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, athell said:

They didn't lose chemistry, people forgot how to catch balls last year.  The offense lead the league in drops, that has nothing to do with chemistry.

I'd be much more concerned if they weren't full go's in practice.  Which they are.

Ryan overthrew Julio on just about every deep pass he threw to him last year. The one they connected on, Carolina, Julio dropped. The deep ball was never really a threat last year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

Ryan overthrew Julio on just about every deep pass he threw to him last year. The one they connected on, Carolina, Julio dropped. The deep ball was never really a threat last year. 

Execution.  That was the problem last year.  'Chemistry' was not the issue.  This isn't high school science.

2 series in a preseason game with vanilla schemes and playcalling isn't going to magically bring back anything.  These dudes have been together now for several years.

Edited by athell
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

My worry is with Julio, last year him and Ryan had a disconnect, they lost there chemestry. Not working together in the offseason, not getting reps in preseason, I am very concerned. THEY NEED TO BE ON POINT FOR THIS OFFENSE TO SUCCEED!

Julio missed the whole training camp last year. He got every training camp rep this year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

My worry is with Julio, last year him and Ryan had a disconnect, they lost there chemestry. Not working together in the offseason, not getting reps in preseason, I am very concerned. THEY NEED TO BE ON POINT FOR THIS OFFENSE TO SUCCEED!

By all reports their chemistry seemed fine throughout TC. Besides it gives Matt a chance to build chemistry with all other players not named Julio. Being able to move the ball as effectively as he did against the Chiefs speaks volumes. After all if the Falcons can move the ball like that without arguably its 2 best offensive players. Imagine the ease they will have when they are on the field and the dynamic of the defense changes. Right now teams can play the falcons straight up because they don’t fear/respect the non JJ11/Free24 players. Additionally with the emergence of hooper, Ridley, and Saubert DC’s around the league have no idea what the Falcons offense will really look like. It’s a borderline genius chess move to hold Free and JJ out for the entire preseason. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

im not worried about about julio or freeman at all. I hope deion jones is ok

Deion is fine and Julio will be fine.

Freeman is the guy people should be worried about.  The guy injured his PCL and his MCL at the end of last year in addition to two concussions on the season.

I get the precaution, but I'm glad that the Falcons have Tevin Coleman and got another talent in the draft in Ito.  Freeman is an ongoing injury risk at this point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

My worry is with Julio, last year him and Ryan had a disconnect, they lost there chemestry. Not working together in the offseason, not getting reps in preseason, I am very concerned. THEY NEED TO BE ON POINT FOR THIS OFFENSE TO SUCCEED!

they practically didnt have a training camp together...this year is way different!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Freeman and Julio have not taken any significant blows / tackles since January. That alone is a concern not too mention Freeman getting use to the new helmet rule. Lack of chemistry, lol the same people that are saying not to worry are the same people that said Freeman’s fumbles were not a concern.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, caponine said:

Freeman and Julio have not taken any significant blows / tackles since January. That alone is a concern not too mention Freeman getting use to the new helmet rule. Lack of chemistry, lol the same people that are saying not to worry are the same people that said Freeman’s fumbles were not a concern.

What are you trying to say? Just say it......

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, shockerfalcon said:

By all reports their chemistry seemed fine throughout TC. Besides it gives Matt a chance to build chemistry with all other players not named Julio. Being able to move the ball as effectively as he did against the Chiefs speaks volumes. After all if the Falcons can move the ball like that without arguably its 2 best offensive players. Imagine the ease they will have when they are on the field and the dynamic of the defense changes. Right now teams can play the falcons straight up because they don’t fear/respect the non JJ11/Free24 players. Additionally with the emergence of hooper, Ridley, and Saubert DC’s around the league have no idea what the Falcons offense will really look like. It’s a borderline genius chess move to hold Free and JJ out for the entire preseason. 

Well said.

I don't know why people think rapport established over 7 years together somehow goes away after 1 offseason?  Or acting like they won't be able to complete a pass because they are missing some bogus exhibition game while ignoring the previous 7 years of history together?  One of the things I will never understand about this place.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, caponine said:

Freeman and Julio have not taken any significant blows / tackles since January. That alone is a concern not too mention Freeman getting use to the new helmet rule. Lack of chemistry, lol the same people that are saying not to worry are the same people that said Freeman’s fumbles were not a concern.

So you are concerned they aren't taking a beating?  lol...that's a new one.

I also love how you always take the opportunity to get a Devonta dig in somewhere.  What did that man ever do to you Cap?  lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

My worry is with Julio, last year him and Ryan had a disconnect, they lost there chemestry. Not working together in the offseason, not getting reps in preseason, I am very concerned. THEY NEED TO BE ON POINT FOR THIS OFFENSE TO SUCCEED!

Good point but with julios injury problems its a matter of when since we know it's gonna happen... Might as well be in the season...

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, athell said:

They didn't lose chemistry, people forgot how to catch balls last year.  The offense lead the league in drops, that has nothing to do with chemistry.

I'd be much more concerned if they weren't full go's in practice.  Which they are.

Exactly.  Reps in practice are much more important for their timing and execution than Matt throwing the ball to Julio 3 times in a preseason game.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...