Jump to content

Falcons rookie Calvin Ridley on kickoff returns: 'I want to get the ball'


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, youngbloodz said:

That's understandable however Ridley can just as easily get hurt playing on offense. What will happen will happen. That's how I look at anyway 

If he has to get hurt, at least do it at your own position instead of one of the most risky positions in the game.  Either way, hope dude doesn't get hurt B)

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shockerfalcon said:

What a bunch of scaredy cats on this post. If JJ11 was the best option I would want him back there. Playing not to lose is an almost sure way to lose. The best player at the position needs to start no matter what

exactly Im not saying I want ridley as a full time kr guy but 8 times a yr sure why not. Just like I have no problem when julio has played db for us on hail marry attempts in the past. or ben garland getting a dt snap or when poe last yr was getting a fb/rb snap

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, shockerfalcon said:

What a bunch of scaredy cats on this post. If JJ11 was the best option I would want him back there. Playing not to lose is an almost sure way to lose. The best player at the position needs to start no matter what

It's not fear, it's using the best players at their best position.  Just don't see the point of risking dude in such a pointless way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

It's not fear, it's using the best players at their best position.  Just don't see the point of risking dude in such a pointless way.

So far from what we’ve seen Ridley has been the best KR Plenty of players in the past have handled the double duty. I remember when we had possibly the best Corner in NFL history returning kicks with way less safety rules in place. Fans need to grow a pair and root for whatever it takes to hoist that Lombardi. I wish someone else would step up and perform equally to what Ridley has shown  but as of now he looks like our best option.  We desperately need a dynamic returner. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, falconsfan4life3 said:

 

Do KR’s consistently get hurt? Steelers let AB do PR’s. 

According to the NFL kickoffs/punts is when most injuries happen. But there are so many touchbacks on kickoffs and non returnable punts anymore it doesn't really matter as much.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Yup. I’m all fir Ridley getting touches unless he seriously moves Sanu as the number 2 WR. He’s probabky a #3 guy now.

think Hardy will stay with gage and hall coming on strong?

Reggie Davis and Hall are having a pretty good battle for that last spot. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

He has been compared to Antonio Brown and the Steelers have no problem using him to return punts...

 

4 hours ago, falconsfan4life3 said:

 

Do KR’s consistently get hurt? Steelers let AB do PR’s. 

 

3 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

Let him do it. Can't worry about injuries. This is football. Ish happens 

 

3 hours ago, Malachore said:

The Steelers are using the best WR in the league to return punts, risk it to get the biscuit.

 

3 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

AB does it.

 

3 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

You can't play scared. You play to win. Put your best guys out there. Period.

 

3 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

But if Ridley is better then that's not putting the best out there.

If you're scared he'll get hurt then that's your problem. See how that works?

 

3 hours ago, youngbloodz said:

That's understandable however Ridley can just as easily get hurt playing on offense. What will happen will happen. That's how I look at anyway 

 

3 hours ago, shockerfalcon said:

What a bunch of scaredy cats on this post. If JJ11 was the best option I would want him back there. Playing not to lose is an almost sure way to lose. The best player at the position needs to start no matter what

 

3 hours ago, caponine said:

I say go for it , julio , the rb’s, the TE and Sanu all have to get the ball. Quinn has already said as much so Ridley may not get enough opportunities on the offense. Use him as KR/PR 

 

3 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

Just because you wanna play scared doesn't mean Quinn will 

 

2 hours ago, FentayeJones said:

If he is the best returner than he should do it.

 

2 hours ago, iLLmaticz said:

Can’t worry about getting hurt in football get your playmakers the ball love it

 

1 hour ago, shockerfalcon said:

So far from what we’ve seen Ridley has been the best KR Plenty of players in the past have handled the double duty. I remember when we had possibly the best Corner in NFL history returning kicks with way less safety rules in place. Fans need to grow a pair and root for whatever it takes to hoist that Lombardi. I wish someone else would step up and perform equally to what Ridley has shown  but as of now he looks like our best option.  We desperately need a dynamic returner. 

 

1 hour ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Someone else gets it.

as if ridley doesnt stand the same chance of blowing out a knee on a cut while route running lol good god. This chicken little **** is KILLING ME this preseason. 

 

27 minutes ago, Krosis said:

5099457D-93F6-401A-963A-7A79CDFF0A8A.jpeg

Bingo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...