lju713

What are we missing in your opinion

58 posts in this topic

I don't put alot of stock in preseason football. I watch who and what I want to watch far as the team. I like the DL, but I don't love it. I think we need a 3rd pass rusher, and another big bodied DT. I'm hoping a cap casualty or surprise vet cut helps us out at those spots. Thoughts?

10 minutes ago, lju713 said:

I don't put alot of stock in preseason football. I watch who and what I want to watch far as the team. I like the DL, but I don't love it. I think we need a 3rd pass rusher, and another big bodied DT. I'm hoping a cap casualty or surprise vet cut helps us out at those spots. Thoughts?

I think we already have the "Third pass rusher" in BR50. Three will do it.

I think a veteran OLB is in the sights of the FO.

putnam6 and PokerSteve like this

Someone to step forward and write the checks for all the fines the birds will be hit with this year! The lowering the crown rule, The Aaron Rodgers Rule, and the myriad of other fines for unnecessary roughness...standing by! 

Btw, most will certainly be subjective and most definitely questionable! 

Edited by roguebeaver
PokerSteve likes this

D-line depth due to the losses of Poe and Clayborn (as brought up already many times)

however, I'm a little bit nervous about our pass rush too, I can't recall our linebackers or D-linemen getting after the QB this whole preseason yet

A valuable and consistent kick returner who can give us solid field position

lju713 and ParanoidAndroid like this

51 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

There’s not a lot of quality depth along the dline.

Theres Mike Smith depth but not quality depth...

Oline either IMHO. Infact, for what its worth, I think the dline has better depth than the oline.

Clayborn will be missed. I'm hoping a Tamba Ali comes free or a another who's job will be to pin their ears back and rush. Reed sets the edge in the run game and has some rush ability, but we need more.

mqg96, Dirtybird3 and ShadyRef like this

3 hours ago, Tim Mazetti said:

I think we already have the "Third pass rusher" in BR50. Three will do it.

I think a veteran OLB is in the sights of the FO.

I think Campbell will rush more this year and I don’t think that’s a bad idea either

3 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Yep just watched a replay of the second game didnt really see any standouts in the front 7 in the second half. Like most teams its going to tough if they get injuries that linger. Very interested on seeing what happens after these next two weeks we need some quality vets

1) DLs ability to stop the run consistently. (kind of light up front...depth should help us though)

2) Quality OL depth (some may disagree but I see it as a problem...especially considering #3 below)

3) No proven FB (this hurt us bad last year)

4) No proven OC.(praying he just needed a year under his belt)

3 hours ago, lju713 said:

Clayborn will be missed. I'm hoping a Tamba Ali comes free or a another who's job will be to pin their ears back and rush. Reed sets the edge in the run game and has some rush ability, but we need more.

Campbell is the 3rd rusher. 

rugger8, ShadyRef and TNFalcon1 like this

6 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Ehh. If Crawford and Shelby stay healthy we'll be ok. We have 3 starters at DT plus this two. Beasley, Reed and Takk(if he can stay healthy) are ok but I would def like a 4rth.

PokerSteve likes this

6 hours ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Oline either IMHO. Infact, for what its worth, I think the dline has better depth than the oline.

Disagree. Actually this is one of the first times I've seen this team with seemingly equal (possibly better) depth on oline as on dline.. 

Edited by Hurry_Up_And_Buy
NeonDeion and Vandy like this

We are missing the long pass for TD. I Think ridley helps solve that.

We are missing strong rotation on the D Line. Hopefully Senat helps solve that.

Consistent pass rush from both sides, hopefully Takk and beadley back to end help solve that.

Better Guard play.  Schweitzer experience and Fusco FA hopefully someone emerges as better than last year.

Its almost like TD and Quinn were on the same page about team needs and played acquisitions.