⚡Slumerican⚡

Knapp called last night's game?

225 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I just believe Quinn has more confidence in Knapp and without Knapp Sark would be in deep waters over his head 

i think you are reading wayyy to much into the comments..... I def think Knapp is here to help with the offense..... Maybe not what you are thinking with theses comments but more with the game planning ...

I see it similar to TD bringing in Pioli to help..... Its all about getting the job done... TD is still picking the players but he has help doing it and it works....... Sark is calling the plays ... He just have an old vet helping.

That Austin Hooper TD was different man.... I like what im seeing from Sark ...

JDaveG, Vandy, red falcon and 1 other like this

21 minutes ago, runshoot said:

OMG I see how you clowns get so many posts. You post trash and argue. Critical thinking is beyond you. I say thanks for pointing out that DQ talked about Knapp when unprompted, and the clowns come out of the wood work.

Lol keep being you Taft mofia. Attack and argue attack and argue. More post,less value 

Don’t mess with us. The Mofia has spoken

JDaveG, ⚡Slumerican⚡ and Vandy like this

19 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I just believe Quinn has more confidence in Knapp and without Knapp Sark would be in deep waters over his head 

Yes, that's shows in your interpretation of what Quinn said, but what Quinn said and what you wrote down are two way different things.

As has been pointed out, it's perfectly normal to have a pair of eyes up in the booth if you're on the field. 

Just watched the press conference for Quinn after the game, was interesting to hear that Knapp was up in the booth last night assisting in calling plays.. So all the credit we were giving to Sark for a good first quarter should go to Knapp.. Wonder is this means sarks days are closer to being over with than we think? 

Honestly, I'm just happy the offense flowed smoothly last night.. I don't care who's calling the plays.. But credit to Knapp 

Just watched the presser. There's no way to get what you wrote out of Quinns answer. Quinn didn't say Knapp called plays, giving all the credit to Knapp is strictly your idea- which is fine, just don't be defensive when others  interpret differently.

It's around 6:30 of the pc, and imo Quinn looked uncomfortable talking about it..

Quinns expression, posture  and voice didn't change at all from the previous question, what makes you think he was uncomfortable talking about it?

Will also point out that last week, when the offense didn't make a first down and was shut out? Knapp was in the booth then too.

I said the same thing vandy, tandy, and fatboi are saying in the other thread, calling all sark haters, slumamerican and I even have a bet for it. He is a good dude but the sark hate clouded his hearing

for the record nobody is disagreeing with the fact knapp is helping out, what we are disagreeing with is that this is out of the ordinary, every team has eyes in a booth, either the OC or an assistant of some kind. Has nothing to do with sark being a bad play caller and needing help

37 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I love our team too, I just believe Knapp should be our oc and Sark the qb coach.. And I believe it'll be that way before too long 

Careful what you pray for son. Knapp aint never been a good OC. Maybe once when he was a figurehead and Mooch was running the show.

1. Knapp “helps” by recognizing defenses up top that Sark cannot see at ground level.

2 “Help” does not mean Knapp is calling plays.  Knapp tells Sark “they just played Cover 2”.  Sark uses this information to call a better play.  

3.  Both Knapp helping and Sark calling the plays and being the OC are true in #2.

4. Therefore, you cannot internet Quinn’s comment as meaning Knapp is running the offense.

5. In closing, I will put forth my own theory.   Sark is less likely to pick his nose on the sideline, so Quinn has him there instead of the booth. Knapp “helps” that way too.

37 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I love our team too, I just believe Knapp should be our oc and Sark the qb coach.. And I believe it'll be that way before too long 

Even if you dont like the hire, give Sark a chance to fail at least. Lol.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Careful what you pray for son. Knapp aint never been a good OC. Maybe once when he was a figurehead and Mooch was running the show.

i was gonna say this but im not trynna bash anybody...... We just saw some promising stuff last night.... But i remember Knapp with the predictable old school play calling.

Im just hoping Sark continue to improve with his new school style while Knapp bring in some old school been around the game 100 years to make something special for this offense

8 minutes ago, atljbo said:

i was gonna say this but im not trynna bash anybody...... We just saw some promising stuff last night.... But i remember Knapp with the predictable old school play calling.

Im just hoping Sark continue to improve with his new school style while Knapp bring in some old school been around the game 100 years to make something special for this offense

The reason I have high hopes for the Knapp addition is his heavy involvement in the third down and red zone gameplanning in Denver with Peyton. They were dominant during his time there. Yes, he had Peyton. But Matt is dam close. Having him in the booth relaying the defensive looks for Sark should help a ton. 

Ergo Proxy, Vandy, atljbo and 3 others like this

57 minutes ago, runshoot said:

Teach me. Seriously. I Iistened to the presser,did you? 

DQ does say he helped with plays. He did say Knapp can diagnose what the defense is doing faster. So what is very wrong?

What part of Sark can't see the defense did you not understand? Of course Knapp can diagnose it quicker, he has eyes on it. Geez.

Ergo Proxy and Vandy like this

49 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

check the thread calling all sark haters I gave you a huge shout out in a non football related way. lol

Will do lol. 

Do people seriously think Knapp was calling the plays just because he was up in the booth & Quinn said he was helpful?

First off, "helpful" does not equal taking over play calling. It means exactly what it means... that his veteran coaching experience allows him to see things on the field from the booth, and is helpful in giving valuable intel to an OC on the sidelines.

As for the idea that because he's in the booth he'd be the play caller, I got news for you... he was in the booth during week 1 as well, so if you're gonna give him credit for this week, shouldn't it apply to last week also?

Stop reaching so hard to push your agenda. You don't need to. If Sark doesn't put it together, he'll be gone soon enough. If the light goes on for him in year two, we should all be stoked. When you reach this hard, it makes it seem like you all just need something to whine about.

2 hours ago, Wjcorner said:

That’s interesting that the QB coach is in the booth while the OC is on the field...but Sark had the playcall sheet so until they come out and say he’s been relieved I’m thinking it’s business as usual 

Beyond that, it's not exactly unheard of for the OC on the field to have someone in the booth to relay information to him.  That is "assisting in playcalling," but it is pretty far from "Knapp is calling the plays."

EDIT:  clearly I should have read the entire thread before responding :lol:

Vandy, Ergo Proxy, Yo_Lover and 2 others like this

2 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Just watched the press conference for Quinn after the game, was interesting to hear that Knapp was up in the booth last night assisting in calling plays.. So all the credit we were giving to Sark for a good first quarter should go to Knapp.. Wonder is this means sarks days are closer to being over with than we think? 

Honestly, I'm just happy the offense flowed smoothly last night.. I don't care who's calling the plays.. But credit to Knapp 

Funny how obviously improved was the energy, creativity and flow of the offense in that first series. Now we know why. Hope and pray this is a concept that is embraced and used henceforth.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

2 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Funny how obviously improved was the energy, creativity and flow of the offense in that first series. Now we know why. Hope and pray this is a concept that is embraced and used henceforth.

Obviously as long as Knapps here to guide Sark, Sark will have a job. I'm fine however other people interpret it as long as we win.. If people want to give credit to sark for Knapps insight.. I'm fine with that, let's just win 

1 hour ago, atljbo said:

i think you are reading wayyy to much into the comments..... I def think Knapp is here to help with the offense..... Maybe not what you are thinking with theses comments but more with the game planning ...

I see it similar to TD bringing in Pioli to help..... Its all about getting the job done... TD is still picking the players but he has help doing it and it works....... Sark is calling the plays ... He just have an old vet helping.

That Austin Hooper TD was different man.... I like what im seeing from Sark ...

That Austin Hooper TD was different man.... I like what im seeing from Sarknapp ...

fixed. :lol:

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

3 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

You didn't watch the video did you? Lol at everyone in here who is just trusting some random dude on the internet with an obvious agenda.

You know what guys? I've got some ocean front property in Arizona I can sell you for a steal. 

10 minutes ago, JDaveG said:

Beyond that, it's not exactly unheard of for the OC on the field to have someone in the booth to relay information to him.  That is "assisting in playcalling," but it is pretty far from "Knapp is calling the plays."

The stupid that exist on this board just blows me away..