⚡Slumerican⚡

Knapp called last night's game?

225 posts in this topic

Just watched the press conference for Quinn after the game, was interesting to hear that Knapp was up in the booth last night assisting in calling plays.. So all the credit we were giving to Sark for a good first quarter should go to Knapp.. Wonder is this means sarks days are closer to being over with than we think? 

Honestly, I'm just happy the offense flowed smoothly last night.. I don't care who's calling the plays.. But credit to Knapp 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Just watched the press conference for Quinn after the game, was interesting to hear that Knapp was up in the booth last night assisting in calling plays.. So all the credit we were giving to Sark for a good first quarter should go to Knapp.. Wonder is this means sarks days are closer to being over with than we think? 

Honestly, I'm just happy the offense flowed smoothly last night.. I don't care who's calling the plays.. But credit to Knapp 

That’s interesting that the QB coach is in the booth while the OC is on the field...but Sark had the playcall sheet so until they come out and say he’s been relieved I’m thinking it’s business as usual 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Just watched the press conference for Quinn after the game, was interesting to hear that Knapp was up in the booth last night assisting in calling plays.. So all the credit we were giving to Sark for a good first quarter should go to Knapp.. Wonder is this means sarks days are closer to being over with than we think? 

Honestly, I'm just happy the offense flowed smoothly last night.. I don't care who's calling the plays.. But credit to Knapp 

Good post and thank you for sharing this info nugget. I had no heard that part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Matt Ryan should be calling them at the line, in my opinion.

Does it not worry you that Quinn said his self Sark dosnt recognize defensive schemes as fast as Knapp? I'm thankful we have Knapp now honestly 

thofin21 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Does it not worry you that Quinn said his self Sark dosnt recognize defensive schemes as fast as Knapp? I'm thankful we have Knapp now honestly 

I never heard that, and if he did say that, it doesn't exactly make me swell with confidence, no.

Knapp being here of course can't be considered a bad thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, octoslash said:

I never heard that, and if he did say that, it doesn't exactly make me swell with confidence, no.

Knapp being here of course can't be considered a bad thing.

It's around 6:30 of the pc, and imo Quinn looked uncomfortable talking about it.. But yes, im guilty of being a Sark hater and I have no issues if Knapp becomes our oc

octoslash likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever works right? 

But I invite people to watch any NFL game and see where the QB coach is. I can tell you where they Don't sit and that's up in the box.  When a QB comes off the field, sits on the bench and starts review defense formation pics/Microsoft surface, it's with the QB coach...on the bench.

Edited by runshoot
Lol post 666

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

It's around 6:30 of the pc, and imo Quinn looked uncomfortable talking about it.. But yes, im guilty of being a Sark hater and I have no issues if Knapp becomes our oc

I was a Sark hater much of last year, until I remembered being a Shanny hater in year one as well lol.

So I decided to wait another season for Sark to come around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a hard time believing these two things that you're sayomg are true: a) that Quinn said Knapp called the plays , and B) that he said Sark is slower at recognizing defensive schemes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

That’s interesting that the QB coach is in the booth while the OC is on the field...but Sark had the playcall sheet so until they come out and say he’s been relieved I’m thinking it’s business as usual 

Wasn't Sark on the field for preseason last year before moving to the booth?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Does it not worry you that Quinn said his self Sark dosnt recognize defensive schemes as fast as Knapp? I'm thankful we have Knapp now honestly 

I didn't hear it like that ... I mean it can be true.. Knapp has been in the league way longer so he has seen everything .... 

 

I took it as sark feel way more comfortable on the field so Knapp is his eyes up stairs in the box telling him the formation or where the safeties are.... All play callers on the ground has that because you don't have that view on the field that you will have up top.

 

Regardless .. It worked good last night... That's all that matters on sundays

shock, Schwarzwald, rounz and 10 others like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Actually, no it wasn’t. 

It’s unbelievable how guys can’t at least figure ou how the game is played and coached with educated guesses. Smh. When Kyle was on the ground Lafluer was in the box. Smh. Some guys are just blinded by hatred that they won’t themselves realize that’s the way it’s always been done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OC’s want a bird’s eye view of the field but they want to talk face-to-face with their QB when he comes off the field. Maybe Knapp and Sark can get their communication down so well to the point that Sark feels like he’s seeing the field up in the booth while he’s actually down on the sideline

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

He didn’t say that AT ALL. What he said was it helps to have greg up top because of his recognition and can see how defenses are playing us and can relay that info to sark fast. Why? BECAUSE SARK CANT SEE THE DEFENSE FROM THE FIELD!!! Y’all try any ole excuse don’t you lol. Nice try but it has nothing to do with what you’re trying to say. If the OC is gonna be on the ground he’s GOING to have somebody in the box telling him what he sees. We’re not the only team doing this. It’s been done that way forever lol. Sark usually calls from the ground so Quinn wanted to try it the best way for him. Having someone as experienced as greg in the box is a bonus. The speed thing Quinn is talking about is relaying info to sark fast so he can call a Play based on the intel he was given. Why? BECAUSE HE CANT SEE THE DEFENSE FROM THE GROUND!!! Lol. Either you’re up or down and if you’re down you’re gonna need a greg to tell you what he sees. Football 101. Wow

This is exactly what I heard from the interview.    Exactly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Wjcorner said:

That’s interesting that the QB coach is in the booth while the OC is on the field...but Sark had the playcall sheet so until they come out and say he’s been relieved I’m thinking it’s business as usual 

Kyle and lafluer did that as well. Somebody has to be your eyes if you’re gonna be on the ground. An OC can’t see the defense from the ground. You need a guy in the booth. 

papachaz, Schwarzwald, Vandy and 1 other like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

It’s unbelievable how guys can’t at least figure ou how the game is played and coached with educated guesses. Smh. When Kyle was on the ground Lafluer was in the box. Smh. Some guys are just blinded by hatred that they won’t themselves realize that’s the way it’s always been done. 

It shouldn’t, but still Blows my mind bro. 

Really liking what I’m seeing out of this team. Stay healthy and I believe this is our year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

Kyle and lafluer did that as well. Somebody has to be your eyes if you’re gonna be on the ground. An OC can’t see the defense from the ground. You need a guy in the booth. 

Always. 

Schwarzwald and blkbigdog35 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

He didn’t say that AT ALL. What he said was it helps to have greg up top because of his recognition and can see how defenses are playing us and can relay that info to sark fast. Why? BECAUSE SARK CANT SEE THE DEFENSE FROM THE FIELD!!! Y’all try any ole excuse don’t you lol. Nice try but it has nothing to do with what you’re trying to say. If the OC is gonna be on the ground he’s GOING to have somebody in the box telling him what he sees. We’re not the only team doing this. It’s been done that way forever lol. Sark usually calls from the ground so Quinn wanted to try it the best way for him. Having someone as experienced as greg in the box is a bonus. The speed thing Quinn is talking about is relaying info to sark fast so he can call a Play based on the intel he was given. Why? BECAUSE HE CANT SEE THE DEFENSE FROM THE GROUND!!! Lol. Either you’re up or down and if you’re down you’re gonna need a greg to tell you what he sees. Football 101. Wow

its funny bruh.... all OCs on the field has to have someone is the booth relaying what they see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now