KRUNKuno

Let’s be real, Alford is better than Trufant

95 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, I give lengthy responses said:

I don't think we missed Trufant in the Super Bowl for any reason other than depth and rotation. I remember us having some former wide receiver out there at corner at one point. I know for sure Trufant doesn't get the pick six that Alford did, and I don't think Alford would be where he was on that play if Trufant were in.

Collins and Poole both got chewed up and spit out that game. 

8 hours ago, Vandy said:

Collins and Poole both got chewed up and spit out that game. 

Not really until quarter three when the collapse began. Rookies giving up completions to Tom Brady is extremely normal. Brady went after Campbell a lot in that game too.

20 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Depth and rotation this tells me you don't watch games.

I bet you were one of these guys crying about Alford being a PI machine in his first 2 years while the mentioned was basically shutting everyone down lol.

I get the whole agenda driven crap now it's typical round here once a guy gets paid all of a sudden hitting the moons not got enough he has to go further like hit the stars everytime he rolls out.

The idea you think Trufant doesn't make a difference and shuts down Hogan which got the Pats going in the 2nd half is a laugher.Jalen Collins got killed that 2nd half,no disrespect to him as he was a rook but Trufant ***** those routes down.

Alford still gets a lot of PI calls. Doesn't mean he's worse than Trufant, and I've always thought Alford is better because he's a playmaker. People want to say Trufant is a shutdown guy because he isn't a playmaker. He isn't a shutdown guy. He prevents plays and he is solid in coverage but he was bullied a lot last year when Alford wasn't. My view that Alford is better has nothing to do with a contract. Alford is just better.

And like I said about the Super Bowl, Trufant makes a difference because he's another guy out there keeping our defenders fresh. He would have played better than Poole or Collins, sure, but they were rookies. Not a surprise there. He wouldn't have outplayed Alford, because he almost never does. It's not like Trufant being out there would have won or lost us the game. If Trufant's presence mattered that much, we wouldn't have hit our stride the way we did after he went down that year. We lost that game because of Kyle Shanahan forgetting about the clock and wanting to be the coordinator of the highest scoring offense ever. He gambled our Super Bowl away by betting on himself being better than Belichick.

And honestly, if Jameis Winston can make Trufant look like a chump at least once a year you think Brady wouldn't have been able to? Please.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

10 minutes ago, I give lengthy responses said:

Alford still gets a lot of PI calls. Doesn't mean he's worse than Trufant, and I've always thought Alford is better because he's a playmaker. People want to say Trufant is a shutdown guy because he isn't a playmaker. He isn't a shutdown guy. He prevents plays and he is solid in coverage but he was bullied a lot last year when Alford wasn't. My view that Alford is better has nothing to do with a contract. Alford is just better.

And like I said about the Super Bowl, Trufant makes a difference because he's another guy out there keeping our defenders fresh. He would have played better than Poole or Collins, sure, but they were rookies. Not a surprise there. He wouldn't have outplayed Alford, because he almost never does. It's not like Trufant being out there would have won or lost us the game. If Trufant's presence mattered that much, we wouldn't have hit our stride the way we did after he went down that year. We lost that game because of Kyle Shanahan forgetting about the clock and wanting to be the coordinator of the highest scoring offense ever. He gambled our Super Bowl away by betting on himself being better than Belichick.

And honestly, if Jameis Winston can make Trufant look like a chump at least once a year you think Brady wouldn't have been able to? Please.

He didn't come into the league like this Trufant was getting props from the best in Richard Sherman.Trufant doesn't make a difference in what your referencing your kidding if you think he doesn't do a better job than Collins that's straight up garbage talk right there.

Why does Trufant have to outplay Alford there both on the same team the only discussion or agenda to be had is pay equity in which there isn't any.Fans have to get past that.The samething happens round here everytime a guy gets payed and then all of a sudden there play has to be best in the league.

Only if the market or reality operated as such,very few players who get paid like Trufant actually play upto what there worth.Thats the real agenda here.

26 minutes ago, I give lengthy responses said:

Not really until quarter three when the collapse began. Rookies giving up completions to Tom Brady is extremely normal. Brady went after Campbell a lot in that game too.

LOL, not until quarter 3!?! Everything counts!

And the fact remains, trufant would have helped. Which was my point. 

9 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

He didn't come into the league like this Trufant was getting props from the best in Richard Sherman.Trufant doesn't make a difference in what your referencing your kidding if you think he doesn't do a better job than Collins that's straight up garbage talk right there.

Why does Trufant have to outplay Alford there both on the same team the only discussion or agenda to be had is pay equity in which there isn't any.Fans have to get past that.The samething happens round here everytime a guy gets payed and then all of a sudden there play has to be best in the league.

Only if the market or reality operated as such,very few players who get paid like Trufant actually play upto what there worth.Thats the real agenda here.

Huh? I don't think you read or comprehended what I wrote. Nobody is talking about the contracts except for you. I just said Alford is a better player. Like how Julio is better than Sanu. Two guys can be on the same team and one can be better, and it's fine for fans to point that out.

And I didn't say Trufant wouldn't have done better than Collins. In fact, I said the opposite. You're on a whole different point than I am.

9 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Until quarter 3 when there was a 25 point lead, which was built with Collins and Poole in the game the whole time. There's no excuse to ever blow that, I don't care if you put me out there at cornerback. I agree Trufant would have helped, but he wouldn't have won or lost us the game. He's not Revis or Prime. That game is more on Shanahan and the offense not closing it out than it is about Trufant and our cornerbacks. Brady had to throw 62 times to beat us. Trufant playing just would have reduced the amount of times those throws went in Poole or Collins' directions.

Osiruz likes this

No that's what this all about its pay comparison do you think Tru lives up to his 14 mill per season vs Alfs 8-9 per season and here in why the microscope is on Tru the way it is.

When both these guys were earning nothing there wouldn't be such an uproar between whose better.

As for who is why would you care there both Falcons there both contracted the idea that you complain about something for nothing is a waste of time either guy is going anywhere.You should be satisfied that we actually got one of the better outside tandems in the NFL at corner.

1 hour ago, I give lengthy responses said:

Collins wasn’t a rookie but Trufant gave up less than 2 catches a game last year. He did give up a career high 6 TD’s but I don’t think he was bullied a lot. PFF rated Trufant a top 15 corner last year for a reason.

And both Trufant and Alford have historically struggled vs the Bucs. I think that has more to do with Mike Evans than Winston. 

Stryka likes this

On 8/18/2018 at 2:04 AM, Smiler11 said:

Every year they have been here PFF has rated Trufant higher than Alford, including last year.

Yes it made no sense to me because tru gave up more catches and Tds. Also his run defense was suspect.

Jerz #DukeSZN likes this

9 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

No that's what this all about its pay comparison do you think Tru lives up to his 14 mill per season vs Alfs 8-9 per season and here in why the microscope is on Tru the way it is.

When both these guys were earning nothing there wouldn't be such an uproar between whose better.

As for who is why would you care there both Falcons there both contracted the idea that you complain about something for nothing is a waste of time either guy is going anywhere.You should be satisfied that we actually got one of the better outside tandems in the NFL at corner.

The topic is literally called "Let's be real, Alford is better than Trufant".... This is a thread of compare and contrast. You wanna say it's about contracts, go ahead. To me, it's about Alford being better than Trufant. I don't care about their salaries. I stream the games and buy jerseys from China. I care about good players, not good contracts.

9 hours ago, falconsfan4life3 said:

Collins wasn’t a rookie but Trufant gave up less than 2 catches a game last year. He did give up a career high 6 TD’s but I don’t think he was bullied a lot. PFF rated Trufant a top 15 corner last year for a reason.

And both Trufant and Alford have historically struggled vs the Bucs. I think that has more to do with Mike Evans than Winston. 

I forgot about Collins being a 2015 pick, that's my bad. My gripe with Trufant is exactly the one you pointed out, and that's the touchdowns allowed.

I agree Evans probably has more to do with them struggling against the Bucs, but if Revis could shut down Tom Brady-Randy Moss, why can't our "shutdown" guy hold it down against Mike Evans? I'm not knocking Trufant for not being able to stop a 6'5" freak like Evans, I just don't see him as the guy people on these boards make him out to be. Is he a good corner? Yes. Shutdown? Absolutely not.

As for Winston, he always seems to get us with something ridiculous. Remember that run on 3rd and 19 his rookie year? And yes, I remember that Joplo Bartu was our starting linebacker for that play and season. Unrelated to Trufant for the most part, that play just always gets me mad when I think about it, and reminds me how Winston only looks like a #1 overall pick when he plays against us.

Jerz #DukeSZN likes this

Let's be real it's pretty nice having two really good corners.  I cannot wrap my head around people that claim to be a fan of the team, yet seem to want the players playing on said team and rooting so hard for them to fail.  What do you get out of it?  You get to go on a message board and make a post about how so and so player got burned and how you were right. 

Congrats.

57 minutes ago, I give lengthy responses said:

The topic is literally called "Let's be real, Alford is better than Trufant".... This is a thread of compare and contrast. You wanna say it's about contracts, go ahead. To me, it's about Alford being better than Trufant. I don't care about their salaries. I stream the games and buy jerseys from China. I care about good players, not good contracts.

I forgot about Collins being a 2015 pick, that's my bad. My gripe with Trufant is exactly the one you pointed out, and that's the touchdowns allowed.

I agree Evans probably has more to do with them struggling against the Bucs, but if Revis could shut down Tom Brady-Randy Moss, why can't our "shutdown" guy hold it down against Mike Evans? I'm not knocking Trufant for not being able to stop a 6'5" freak like Evans, I just don't see him as the guy people on these boards make him out to be. Is he a good corner? Yes. Shutdown? Absolutely not.

As for Winston, he always seems to get us with something ridiculous. Remember that run on 3rd and 19 his rookie year? And yes, I remember that Joplo Bartu was our starting linebacker for that play and season. Unrelated to Trufant for the most part, that play just always gets me mad when I think about it, and reminds me how Winston only looks like a #1 overall pick when he plays against us.

Well if you want to be real who cares whose better they are both on the same team so who really cares all I know is the Falcons are better with both these guys on the team so the talent while an interesting subject to a few means jack to me as first mentioned.All I care about is having both these guys on the field makes the team better.

13 hours ago, Vandy said:

Yeah Trufant would have helped a lot. We played 99 defensive snaps that game

anygivensunday11 likes this

2 hours ago, dirtybird2k5 said:

Let's be real it's pretty nice having two really good corners.  I cannot wrap my head around people that claim to be a fan of the team, yet seem to want the players playing on said team and rooting so hard for them to fail.  What do you get out of it?  You get to go on a message board and make a post about how so and so player got burned and how you were right. 

Congrats.

Not the biggest fan of Trufant's game but I hope he breaks records this year.

dirtybird2k5 likes this

On 8/18/2018 at 9:29 AM, Brewcrew said:

Trufant the first few years was way better, but Alford has closed the gap.  Don’t know who’s better, they both have their strengths, but Alford still gets thrown at more than Trufant, so not sure opposing QBs agree with you.  Either way, I am glad they are both Falcons.

I remember a few short years ago everyone wanted Alford gone, because he drew a lot of penalties.  I have always liked the dude, seems he learned to quit grab assing, and really he never even had too.  Trufant has went down since the year off. IMO they are both pretty good.

On 8/19/2018 at 5:48 PM, Vandy said:

ROFLMAO!

I am only a youth football coach but I cannot believe the **** I am reading in this thread. I swear it is like some of you guys are blind. 

Vandy likes this