KRUNKuno

Let’s be real, Alford is better than Trufant

95 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

Not even when you could’ve put that money elsewhere to bolster your team?

No because we are drafting well and with Trufant we are a better team regardless of what we are paying him.

Go and ask if you'd have preferred Trufant instead of Collins in the SB no disrespect to the latter but Trufant would have ate those comebacks up that killed us in that second half.

Brewcrew likes this

10 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

Eye test tells no lies.

Then some of that **** you’ve been slinging got caught in your eyes. Go see an optometrist quick!

KRUNKuno likes this

All I know is Trufant doesn't get tested as much as the other guys, and that's probably because he has his man (or zone) covered more times than not. Trufant also does not draw the penalties either. It's not like Trufant is the weak link of the secondary, and the coaches obviously like him. I'd certainly like to see Trufant make more ints, but I'd also like to see the other DB's do that too, because they are all lacking in that area. 

12 minutes ago, Flying Falcon said:

Vandy with a quick, devastating right hand!!!!

I mean come on man, him saying Tru’s never been any good since we drafted him? That’s just being dumb.

Flying Falcon likes this

20 minutes ago, 4dabirds said:

All I know is Trufant doesn't get tested as much as the other guys, and that's probably because he has his man (or zone) covered more times than not. Trufant also does not draw the penalties either. It's not like Trufant is the weak link of the secondary, and the coaches obviously like him. I'd certainly like to see Trufant make more ints, but I'd also like to see the other DB's do that too, because they are all lacking in that area. 

I think Trufant got targeted more then Alford towards the end of last season because QBs started picking up on him losing a step

Osiruz likes this

14 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

Trufant hasn’t been good since he got here.  Y’all used to say he shut down a side of the field, which was never true.  He can’t catch to save his life, and he’s usually on the wrong side of a big play.  

We gave him all that money to be simply average.

I will agree that he can't catch lol

Vandy and Flying Falcon like this

Here is my beef with Trufant. He doesn't get INTs.  People say he does not get INT because teams don't throw at him. Do you think teams avoided Revis, Deon, rod woodson, and every other great DB? Of course they did, but corners who get avoid because they are good should still be able to make plays. 

Osiruz and KRUNKuno like this

Our defense played significantly better after Trufant went down in 2016. That might be because Quinn was calling the plays after a certain point that year but I don't think Trufant makes our defense much better. At least Alford makes plays. Aside from last year's Packers game Trufant hasn't done anything memorable. He's above average, which is fine, but Alford is definitely better.

3 minutes ago, I give lengthy responses said:

Our defense played significantly better after Trufant went down in 2016. That might be because Quinn was calling the plays after a certain point that year but I don't think Trufant makes our defense much better. At least Alford makes plays. Aside from last year's Packers game Trufant hasn't done anything memorable. He's above average, which is fine, but Alford is definitely better.

Our young defense matured and Quinn called the defense.

You believe we didn't miss Trufant in the SB? That's the most overlooked factor about that loss. It was extremely significant. 

Vandy and SPITFIRE like this

Just now, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Our young defense matured and Quinn called the defense.

You believe we didn't miss Trufant in the SB? That's the most overlooked factor about that loss. It was extremely significant. 

I don't think we missed Trufant in the Super Bowl for any reason other than depth and rotation. I remember us having some former wide receiver out there at corner at one point. I know for sure Trufant doesn't get the pick six that Alford did, and I don't think Alford would be where he was on that play if Trufant were in.

6 minutes ago, I give lengthy responses said:

I don't think we missed Trufant in the Super Bowl for any reason other than depth and rotation. I remember us having some former wide receiver out there at corner at one point. I know for sure Trufant doesn't get the pick six that Alford did, and I don't think Alford would be where he was on that play if Trufant were in.

Alford is good. Trufant is good.

We are better with both.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

kiwifalcon likes this

12 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

Eye test tells no lies.

It does if you dont know what you are looking at or you make something that happened bigger than what it was.

SPITFIRE likes this

show me some data

How many times was Alford targeted? what were his stats?

How many times was Trufant targeted? what were his stats?

In past years, teams seemed to target Alford much more than Trufant

if Trufant is not as good as Alford why would they do that???

I will agree that Tru has not shown out since his return from injury  BUT he still has the respect of other  teams .

2 hours ago, runshoot said:

Here is my beef with Trufant. He doesn't get INTs.  People say he does not get INT because teams don't throw at him. Do you think teams avoided Revis, Deon, rod woodson, and every other great DB? Of course they did, but corners who get avoid because they are good should still be able to make plays. 

Nail on the head 

you hit it. 

17 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Nail on the head 

you hit it. 

last season Trufant had 2 ints for 43 yds ----Alford had 1 int for 0 yds

in 5 years  Alford has 10 ints  Trufant has 9 ints

Mid-Nite-Toker likes this

I find it hilarious that people on here who usually support Quinn and his staff now question that same staff that see BOTH corners  in practice and the film room every day and yet keep trotting out Trufant on the same side and Alford on the same side.

Hmmmm,  how can the paid professionals that do this every day for a living not know more than the experts typing on our smartphones while sitting on the toilet? It boggles the mind.

Mid-Nite-Toker likes this

Tru is still apparently in a 2-year slide from really good to pretty good.

There are worse things, but I agree -- Alford is better at this point.  I hope Tru gets back to form, and I really hope the injury and his recovery are part of it.  He doesn't look the same at all to me since the late 2016 injury.

delaigle likes this

7 hours ago, I give lengthy responses said:

Depth and rotation this tells me you don't watch games.

I bet you were one of these guys crying about Alford being a PI machine in his first 2 years while the mentioned was basically shutting everyone down lol.

I get the whole agenda driven crap now it's typical round here once a guy gets paid all of a sudden hitting the moons not got enough he has to go further like hit the stars everytime he rolls out.

The idea you think Trufant doesn't make a difference and shuts down Hogan which got the Pats going in the 2nd half is a laugher.Jalen Collins got killed that 2nd half,no disrespect to him as he was a rook but Trufant ***** those routes down.

23 hours ago, Falcan Moore said:

Sure, I'm cool with saying Tru isn't as good as Alford. They're both really **** good though. Trying to say that after a preseason game is the goofiest thing, too.

About as goofy as saying a team is in trouble or great after one preseason game. 

5 hours ago, JDaveG said:

Tru is still apparently in a 2-year slide from really good to pretty good.

There are worse things, but I agree -- Alford is better at this point.  I hope Tru gets back to form, and I really hope the injury and his recovery are part of it.  He doesn't look the same at all to me since the late 2016 injury.

I disagree! :D

Trufant & Alford are both very good CB’s with different skill sets.  Why does one have to be better?  Instead of arguing about which is better, we ought to kiss Dimitroff’s  behind for doubling down on corner and solidifying our backend. We are blessed to have two #1 cornerbacks on the roster…

Just need Tru to tighten up at the end of half’s.   Giving a big plays late in the first half was brutal last year 

Edited by Falconsin2012