KRUNKuno

Let’s be real, Alford is better than Trufant

95 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

No, Trufant hasn't been the same since his injury in 2016. He was very solid throughout his career prior to that time. 

he was having a down year in 2016 before the injury.

My immediate reaction to us picking Trufant was anger because I wanted Xavier Rhodes. Tru impressed me early on, I even bought his jersey. But lately he has not lived up to his big contract and draft status. I don’t think anyone today would say he’s better than Rhodes.

That said, I’m not giving up on him anytime soon.   

gkgrimes and Flying Falcon like this

3 minutes ago, shock said:

My immediate reaction to us picking Trufant was anger because I wanted Xavier Rhodes. Tru impressed me early on, I even bought his jersey. But lately he has not lived up to his big contract and draft status. I don’t think anyone today would say he’s better than Rhodes.

That said, I’m not giving up on him anytime soon.   

Lately as in since his injury in 2016? 

2 minutes ago, Precyse said:

Lately as in since his injury in 2016? 

Yep. I remember the hit that did it. It was Mike Evans. 

They are different players.  Rocky is more fluid and has play making ability and tru is a technician. Corners get beat they are covering the best athletes in the gm. Kelce is no slotch either if that what most are referring too.

At 5he end of the day as long as they dont get beat for a big td and make the offense work all the way up the field thats what this defense is designed to do. Who cares about a 7 yard out route at their 30 yard line. 

Edited by red falcon

2 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

Trufant hasn’t been good since he got here.  Y’all used to say he shut down a side of the field, which was never true.  He can’t catch to save his life, and he’s usually on the wrong side of a big play.  

We gave him all that money to be simply average.

Facts. 

57 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

Alford literally batted a pass to Julian Edelman that cost us a ring.

**** that pice of ****!

It went right through both his hands. He intercepts that ball....he's MVP of the Super Bowl and there would be no such thing as 3-28.

Edited by OilFuturesTrader19
Godzilla1985 likes this

29 minutes ago, shock said:

Yep. I remember the hit that did it. It was Mike Evans. 

I never saw the hit, ive always heard Evans did it though. I just remember being highly upset we were losing Tru. I know for a fact Tru would have been perfect against Edleman in the Superbowl. Collins was too tall 

shock likes this

Tru has absolutely lost a bit of his ferociousness he played with after the injury. He was a lot more scrappy his early years. Hope he gets back to that now that we’ve been paying him the big bucks. 

3 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

Trufant hasn’t been good since he got here.  Y’all used to say he shut down a side of the field, which was never true.  He can’t catch to save his life, and he’s usually on the wrong side of a big play.  

We gave him all that money to be simply average.

What a crock of **** post to start a thread.

2 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

I've been real. Always said this.

I think I was the first or 2nd person on the board to say Alford is better than trufant. Alford has been better the last two seasons. Trufant just has toes on his hands and gambles in clutch moments and makes stupid decisions. I am OK with Alford getting penalties because at least he is being aggressive trying to cause a T.O. 

Faithful Falcon likes this

4 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Forgive me for not taking a post seriously when it's about a CB and it leads with 'he cant catch to save his life'

Intercept.

2 hours ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

alford has always been better than Trufant. Desmond Trufant was never all that good, he is all hype since he is related to that guy that played for Seattle. Trufant cant close and run any more. Alford is the best CB on the Falcons

I wouldn't go that far. Alford is clearly better to anyone that really has no emotional investment in Trufant and doesn't buy everything that the mainstream sports media says. i remember in 2016 when Trufant went down that we had lost our best defender. Then the defense got better. Of course the Trufant apologists says it's bc Quinn took over play calling duties. If that's true then why didn't that happen at halftime of week one? The truth is this defense is built around the principle of "fast and physical". Trufant is fast but he is far from physical. He is a technician, and Collins(who is a lesser all around Cb) proved in 2016, this team needs two physical cbs. Trufant may very well be elite in another scheme.

6 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

Trufant hasn’t been good since he got here. 

You posted bad, and you should feel bad.

Robert Alford committed two penalties in the time it took you to type that. 

2 hours ago, osiruz said:

I think I was the first or 2nd person on the board to say Alford is better than trufant. Alford has been better the last two seasons. Trufant just has toes on his hands and gambles in clutch moments and makes stupid decisions. I am OK with Alford getting penalties because at least he is being aggressive trying to cause a T.O. 

Not sure who was first or second, third etc but I took a ton of flack for criticizing Trufant in 2016 before the injury while it was clear Alford's confidence had him playing less grabby. It's been clear since Trufant went down on 2016 that the team needs 2 physical cbs on the outside. Anyone not emotionally invested in Trufant or that doesn't just buy the national sports medias opinions can see that Alford is playing better.

And Ive been singing Alfords overall value for two seasons now. He has lead the team in overall snaps (defense and ST) for two seasons. He and Neal were the only two that played 99+% of defensive snaps, but Alford also played as many snaps on kick/punt coverage as Riley did 37%.

For perspective, Rocky was 7th in the league among defenders in total snaps. Dude hit 1,200. An absolute insane amount of value. He literally clears a roster spot on the 53 that would normally be taken by a reserve lb/db.

Good luck replacing that for 9m next season

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers
Osiruz likes this