Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KRUNKuno

Let’s be real, Alford is better than Trufant

95 posts in this topic

Trufant hasn’t been good since he got here.  Y’all used to say he shut down a side of the field, which was never true.  He can’t catch to save his life, and he’s usually on the wrong side of a big play.  

We gave him all that money to be simply average.

Not going so far as to say Trufant is not good, but honestly, watch without the emotion and minus the draft status, Kazee, Oliver and Alford all hold their own with Trufant.    

1 minute ago, FentayeJones said:

Who cares...there both good corners 

Agree mostly but I'm hoping two years removed from the injury has Tru back to an above average level.  Last year was...OK.

I've always thought Alford had more physical ability, but for the longest time he needlessly held.  He seems to have figured it out, and is playing better than Trufant, but that doesn't mean I don't like Trufant.  Teams need many good DBs.

Embrace the suck likes this

1 hour ago, KRUNKuno said:

Trufant hasn’t been good since he got here.  Y’all used to say he shut down a side of the field, which was never true.  He can’t catch to save his life, and he’s usually on the wrong side of a big play.  

We gave him all that money to be simply average.

No, Trufant hasn't been the same since his injury in 2016. He was very solid throughout his career prior to that time. 

44 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

Look and see which CB gets targeted more by the end of the season; then feel as ridiculous as you sound. 

Alford will since he plays by far more snaps than anyone on the team. Dude tallied 1,200 total snaps last season.

Also he was targeted so much more in the past bc he had a reputation as being grabby.

Embrace the suck likes this