Matt Ryan is not a Franchise QB according to Bucky Brooks NFL.com

2 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

I see, and I understand your point too. I know you're not a Matt Ryan hater at all. You're just sincerely explaining how Matt Ryan can improve on his game out of love for our QB. That other guy from the Jalen Ramsey thread last week (forgot his name) was clearly a Matt Ryan hater and it was blatantly obvious. 

You’re probably thinking of byrdman 

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

:D

Sometimes is so hard to tell man...:D

ball GIF

Here's the thing. In the Jalen Ramsay thread of last week, I simply stated that Matt Ryan was underrated in the eyes of the media and football fans in general. But he was also slightly overrated in the eyes of Falcons fans. Matt Ryan is NOT Aaron Rodgers. That being said, he's still a top 7 QB in this league and the Falcons are very fortunate to have him on this team.

Did that paragraph above sound trollish? In that thread, somebody told me that I must not know anything about football and another poster told me I'm obviously very young and don't understand the history of the Falcons. Both of those shots fired were pretty dumb. I obviously don't take it personally. But it's just ridiculous that people will go there just because I SLIGHTLY criticized Ryan.

Edited by JD dirtybird21

22 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

I see, and I understand your point too. I know you're not a Matt Ryan hater at all. You're just sincerely explaining how Matt Ryan can improve on his game out of love for our QB. That other guy from the Jalen Ramsey thread last week (forgot his name) was clearly a Matt Ryan hater and it was blatantly obvious. 

I've been a Falcons through some very terrible QBs.  You get it...I'm just pointing out an area of Ryan's game that can be improved upon.  Yeah, I saw that guy bird something constantly going back and forth.  I got the feeling he didn't like any part of Ryan's game and may have been a Vick fan.

15 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Here's the thing. In the Jalen Ramsay thread of last week, I simply stated that Matt Ryan was underrated in the eyes of the media and football fans in general. But he was also slightly overrated in the eyes of Falcons fans. Matt Ryan is NOT Aaron Rodgers. That being said, he's still a top 7 QB in this league and the Falcons are very fortunate to have him on this team.

Did that paragraph above sound trollish? In that thread, somebody told me that I must not know anything about football and another poster told me I'm obviously very young and don't understand the history of the Falcons. Both of those shots fired were pretty dumb. I obviously don't take it personally. But it's just ridiculous that people will go there just because I SLIGHTLY criticized Ryan but still really didn't. 

Dude, if your heart is pure I can live with anyone's opinions.  I have zero tolerance for agitating trolls with an agenda.

You would not believe the nonsense we put up with when this guy trolled...

SWIFT

Image result for gif of birdman in prison stripes

Related image

Related image

Just now, HASHBROWN3 said:

LOL, what a nightmare.  He hijacked the entire board.

IMO, Mr. Right was worse. Swift wasn't a troll. He was just very set in his ways and couldn't be reasoned with. The dumbest thing he ever did was create a thread bashing on the LOOKS of Ryan's wife and using that as a reason for why Ryan doesn't have swagger, or game, and is a bad QB. So, so dumb. But Mr. Right felt like the biggest troll ever

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

IMO, Mr. Right was worse. Swift wasn't a troll. He was just very set in his ways and couldn't be reasoned with. The dumbest thing he ever did was create a thread bashing on the LOOKS of Ryan's wife and using that as a reason for why Ryan doesn't have swagger, or game, and is a bad QB. So, so dumb. But Mr. Right felt like the biggest troll ever

Although I disagree that Swifty wasn't a troll, I think he was the epitome of a troll, Mr Right was def a nasty troll.  He was around with a number of multiple trolls at that time & many of us wondered if they all were the same freak LOL.

16 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Did that paragraph above sound trollish? In that thread, somebody told me that I must not know anything about football and another poster told me I'm obviously very young and don't understand the history of the Falcons. Both of those shots fired were pretty dumb. I obviously don't take it personally. But it's just ridiculous that people will go there just because I SLIGHTLY criticized Ryan.

That's not criticism of Ryan. Especially compared to some of the nonsense that's been posted on this board over the years.

2 hours ago, falconidae said:

Except they don't really. You just see the highlights of the completed deep shots.  Brees threw it deep 15 times last year,  Ryan 25 - 20-35 deep throws  is really typical, some big armed QBs will take a few more deep shots, some other QBs a few less.

Difference between the number of deep shots that Ryan typically takes and the QB throwing the most deep throws in a year is about 1 deep shot every other game.

That fair amount more is less than one deep shot a game. And Russell took more deep shots than usual last year-he's in the 20-30 range most years.

It's just not as bad a part of the game as some seem to think.

But that's the point though. At least they have such highlights. I remember in the Jets game last year when Ryan finally completed a deep pass to Julio, and it was exciting, but at the same time Julio was running BEHIND the defense. So I still came away thinking man, if Ryan just put a LITTLE more on it (because he had to slow down for the ball) Julio was gone for a TD. Fortunately that drive led to a TD anyway, but it won't always be like that.

3 hours ago, JerseyNo12 said:

But that's the point though. At least they have such highlights. I remember in the Jets game last year when Ryan finally completed a deep pass to Julio, and it was exciting, but at the same time Julio was running BEHIND the defense. So I still came away thinking man, if Ryan just put a LITTLE more on it (because he had to slow down for the ball) Julio was gone for a TD. Fortunately that drive led to a TD anyway, but it won't always be like that.

Ryan has those highlights too. Difference is, you see the missed throws from Ryan and not from the other QBs. so, you assume those other QBs are doing something much different than Ryan, when they aren't. Once again, no QB consistently makes those throws for TDs.

Ryan had 2 TDs on the 30+ yard throws last year, Wilson had 3. Brees had 2. Newton had 1, Brady had 1. The idea that all these other QBs are completing all these deep throws for TDs while Ryan isn't  is just not true.

Sometime, a QB will have a really good year on the deep throws- Ryan had 5 TDs in 2012  & 4 TDs in 2016, ARod 6 in 2014, Cam had 8 TDs in 2014, most other years, they all have 1 or 2 a year. Cam, for example had 2 in 2017 & 2013,  1 in 2012 & 2011.

You seem to think all these other QBs are doing much better on the deep throws than Ryan. It's just not so.

On 8/17/2018 at 8:20 PM, Intellectually Honest said:

I like Bucky Brooks. I do disagree with him on this. Maybe Bucky equates "franchise" with "elite". Depends on what he thinks a franchise QB is in the first place. Plus the article says Top 10 True Franchise QBs. Maybe he thinks Ryan is top 11 Franchise QB. I hear sports talking heads split on Ryan. Some think he is a big time franchise QB and others think he is alright but nothing spectacular.

You've always hated on Matt Ryan but I don't think even you can reason logically why he'd be ranked below guys like Luck or Cam that haven't done **** lately. 

21 hours ago, falconidae said:

Ryan has those highlights too. Difference is, you see the missed throws from Ryan and not from the other QBs. so, you assume those other QBs are doing something much different than Ryan, when they aren't. Once again, no QB consistently makes those throws for TDs.

Ryan had 2 TDs on the 30+ yard throws last year, Wilson had 3. Brees had 2. Newton had 1, Brady had 1. The idea that all these other QBs are completing all these deep throws for TDs while Ryan isn't  is just not true.

Sometime, a QB will have a really good year on the deep throws- Ryan had 5 TDs in 2012  & 4 TDs in 2016, ARod 6 in 2014, Cam had 8 TDs in 2014, most other years, they all have 1 or 2 a year. Cam, for example had 2 in 2017 & 2013,  1 in 2012 & 2011.

You seem to think all these other QBs are doing much better on the deep throws than Ryan. It's just not so.

That's just an old argument (noodle arm) that haters fall back on when they've got nothing else

17 hours ago, Drunken Minotaur Zebra said:

You've always hated on Matt Ryan but I don't think even you can reason logically why he'd be ranked below guys like Luck or Cam that haven't done **** lately. 

You are delusional. There is no hope for you when you think that. This has never been an issue for me between Matt Ryan being great vs being horrible.  I always acknowledged he is a great QB. I am just am not in a fantasy world to put him on a pedestal as you have. You don't think logically. You whine. Go whine to someone else.

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 11:49 AM, 81KJW said:

Wow, Matt Fan sad and pathetic Trash on Douglas to Make matt look good. wow

ps Matt is awesome 

No trash on Douglas.  He was a WR3 here who was boosted to WR1 due to injuries.  He had a 1000 yard season with Matt throwing him the ball.  As a #3 WR in 2014 with Matt, he caught 500+ yards.  Then he went to Tennessee to be the #2 WR where he amassed 411 yards and 210 in consecutive seasons.  That shows Matt made him a better WR rather than him making Matt a better QB.  The numbers don't lie.