Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Falcon Jedi Knight

Matt Ryan is not a Franchise QB according to Bucky Brooks NFL.com

8 minutes ago, Intellectually Honest said:

I think when people think about "Franchise QB" is means they think the team can put the hopes of the team winning a Super Bowl on that QBs back. That the QB makes the whole team better. That the players rally behind the QB and even if the rest of the team sucks, the QB is so good that the team still has a chance to win. It's not enough just to be great. As for setting team records, that depends which team and their records. Some team records are low bars.

You think when Matt retires his franchise records will be low? We will probably never see anyone come close to them again.

3 hours ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

Ryan is not even listed, or mentioned, according to this list by Bucky Brooks.

Someone really should blast his twitter about this.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000948583/article/nfls-true-franchise-quarterbacks-sam-darnold-scouting-report

That’s what he’d want.  BUCKY BROOKS. Sounds like a UGA grad.

So a starting Qb playing 10+ yrs for a "FRANCHISE", throwing for 4000+ each season, multiple pro bowls, winning MVP, and played for and nearly winning a Superbowl (amongst other things) doesn't qualify as a franchise Qb??? **** what else does it take?

The article states in the beginning that QB must carry team without elite WR....so that automatically drops certain QBs off the list

He’s penalizing Ryan for Julio and he almost drops Big Ben off the list for having Brown. 

He also conveniently forgets that Watson has Hopkins, Brady has Gronk, and Rodgers had Nelson for much of his career. 

2 hours ago, thamill said:

In 2013 Harry Douglas was his leading WR.  Matt was 4th in passing yards that year with 4500+.  That season proved he is not a system QB nor the problem.  Douglas was an iffy #3 WR here and is out of the league now.  

Shouldn’t you throw for 4500 yards when you throw it 650 times?

16 minutes ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

Seriously, everybody needs to TROLL BUCKY BROOKS twitter. Im going to. And im going to have fun with it

7 minutes ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

This is some weird shtick trying to act like he's dogging on Ryan when he just didn't include him in a *gasp* article.

I'll just add a misleading tag to the thread...carry on I guess

Well my days of not taking Bucky Brooks serious are certainly coming to a middle. 

You define franchise QB as someone who can deliver wins in any circumstances and then knowingly put one with a losing record on there? What an idiot. 

1 hour ago, NeonDeion said:

The article states in the beginning that QB must carry team without elite WR....so that automatically drops certain QBs off the list

He’s penalizing Ryan for Julio and he almost drops Big Ben off the list for having Brown. 

He also conveniently forgets that Watson has Hopkins, Brady has Gronk, and Rodgers had Nelson for much of his career. 

The whole concept of the article is stupid. Every great qb had an elite wide receiver. To penalize Ryan for having Julio, but not penalize Brady for Gronkowski/Moss or Ben for Brown is stupid.

I have an idea for his next great article. Greatest coaches of all time that did not have an elite QB or hof player. Should be about as useful as this article.

4 hours ago, Intellectually Honest said:

I think when people think about "Franchise QB" is means they think the team can put the hopes of the team winning a Super Bowl on that QBs back. That the QB makes the whole team better. That the players rally behind the QB and even if the rest of the team sucks, the QB is so good that the team still has a chance to win. It's not enough just to be great. As for setting team records, that depends which team and their records. Some team records are low bars.

Then, as someone who writes for a living, come up with a word that describes what you are writing about?

2 hours ago, PK Manley said:

This is some weird shtick trying to act like he's dogging on Ryan when he just didn't include him in a *gasp* article.

I'll just add a misleading tag to the thread...carry on I guess

I don't see how it's misleading. If it was an honest mistake then playful trolling of the man's twitter account seems appropriate. Most people here it from someone if they exclude pertinent information on a report at their job. If someone makes a silly mistake they get their balls busted. That's how it works everywhere I have ever been. IDk what the problem is with the thread.

Let me see how many quarterbacks ranked ahead of Matt Ryan according to these delusional analysts have never started a conference championship game or a Super Bowl? 

I find it bizarre that here we are, on a forum designed for and paid for by a team that we are fans of and there are members here that are "fans" who seem to take every opportunity to bash their team's QB. Matt has been the best thing to ever happen to our team. Yes, I said ever. He arrived in the middle of our team's lowest point and took the team and put it on his back, we've enjoyed MASSIVE success under his tenure and yet there are people that won't give him the credit where it's due. He is absolutely a franchise QB. Show me any other QB in the league who has been handed what he inherited, been through as many OCs and has done what he's done. There has been ZERO drama with him, he's been a model teammate and has represented his team with nothing but class. His numbers have been fantastic. Could he have more TDs? Yes, but he only throws the ball, he can't catch it too. 

In the grand scheme of it all, I wouldn't trade Matt for anyone else. He's my QB and I personally think he's excellent and WILL get us back to the Super Bowl and win it. THIS YEAR. So, while some of you "fans" seem determined to see the glass as half empty, I'll continue to be thankful that we have who we have.

Flame on

9 hours ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

Shouldn’t you throw for 4500 yards when you throw it 650 times?

Not when your Oline is 

Holmes-Blalock-Konz-Reynolds-Trublood

4/5 weren’t NFL caliber, no idea how Ryan didn’t get hurt