Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DogIsYourName

Our team has to prove it

55 posts in this topic

Until I see it on the field, I believe this is an average team.  This is not 2016.  Every year is different.  We have some good players but so do a lot of teams.  **** even the Cleveland Browns look like they can make some noise.

I need to see pass protection, Matt finding the open man, and that man catching the ball.  On 3rd and 8, I need to see passes traveling more than 8 yards.  I need to see a penalty free drive.  And on the other side of the ball, I need to see our front seven stop the run.  

Until we see it, we are average and overrated.  Jalen Ramsey is right.  We really shouldn't be so optimistic unless we at least get a glimpse on Friday night! 

10 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

The team doesn’t have to prove **** in the preseason to help you sleep at night. You think the team is average? That’s your problem. 

I'm sleeping great.  I'm just saying that all the preseason buzz is meaningless BS.  It's a new year, put up or shut up.

1 minute ago, DogIsYourName said:

I'm sleeping great.  I'm just saying that all the preseason buzz is meaningless BS.  It's a new year, put up or shut up.

And they will, in the regular season

55 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

Until I see it on the field, I believe this is an average team.  This is not 2016.  Every year is different.  We have some good players but so do a lot of teams.  **** even the Cleveland Browns look like they can make some noise.

I need to see pass protection, Matt finding the open man, and that man catching the ball.  On 3rd and 8, I need to see passes traveling more than 8 yards.  I need to see a penalty free drive.  And on the other side of the ball, I need to see our front seven stop the run.  

Until we see it, we are average and overrated.  Jalen Ramsey is right.  We really shouldn't be so optimistic unless we at least get a glimpse on Friday night! 

Why is Jalen Ramsey right to trash QBs and call the most consistently good QB (who has actually won a lot of playoff games now and played very well in most of them) throughout his entire decade long career a bust?

Why shouldn't we be optimistic? Do you really think that fan optimism has anything to do with the work the players are or aren't putting in?

Your points would have been much more well received if you didn't feel the need to look down a team that even under Sark (edit: in his first year, where Shanny sucked too) was a legit Superbowl contender, and a fanbase that finally has every right to be optimistic. Get out of here with that nonsense.

ADAMSVILLE GYM and Shelley#37 like this

O-line is soft and Sark the checkers player is filling a chess player position... Not holding my breath this year...

We'll probably still make the playoffs, but we won't go far.

FalconsSavant likes this

4 hours ago, B3TD said:

Why is Jalen Ramsey right to trash QBs and call the most consistently good QB (who has actually won a lot of playoff games now and played very well in most of them) throughout his entire decade long career a bust?

Why shouldn't we be optimistic? Do you really think that fan optimism has anything to do with the work the players are or aren't putting in?

Your points would have been much more well received if you didn't feel the need to look down a team that even under Sark (edit: in his first year, where Shanny sucked too) was a legit Superbowl contender, and a fanbase that finally has every right to be optimistic. Get out of here with that nonsense.

who also has better postseason comp%, ypa, and better td:int ratio than Peyton Manning. And 10 games is a large enough sample size to fairly make those comparisons.

jalen Ramsey has wwaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy more to prove than Matt Ryan.

I don;t understand dudes post. The team is talking themselves up or having idiots talk about how great they/we are while trashing other players. This team is the epitome of a "do our talking on the field" type.

NeonDeion likes this

1 hour ago, Vogelgryff said:

O-line is soft and Sark the checkers player is filling a chess player position... Not holding my breath this year...

If we don't lead the league in dropped passes and set an NFL record for tipped ints, then sark is getting props for learning on the fly so well with such a little support system rather than getting brow beaten

Shelley#37 likes this

1 hour ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

If we don't lead the league in dropped passes and set an NFL record for tipped ints, then sark is getting props for learning on the fly so well with such a little support system rather than getting brow beaten

Trust me: I 100% hope to be wrong.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

8 hours ago, DogIsYourName said:

Lol dont expect to see anything in a freaking preseason game.

7 hours ago, 4dabirds said:

Don't care about preseason, don't care what Jalen Ramsey has to say either. I'm rather confident that I'm going to see a good Falcons team competing this this year.

J Ramsey.....what an idiotic 

8 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

LOL

We need to see the trolls stop trying so hard.

One ignorant loud mouth football player opens his jaws and lets crap spill out(Ramsey), and now he has followers coming out of the woodworks.

HASHBROWN3 likes this

Amazing how different perceptions are...

You talk about pass protection and making throws down field when that is the one thing that I have no fear of.  We ran 3 ******** plays lol.

I want to see the o line pick up the 3rd and short.  Show me that and I will sleep peacefully until march, cause that is the only thing we don't do on a regular basis. 

9 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

The team doesn’t have to prove **** in the preseason to help you sleep at night. You think the team is average? That’s your problem. 

:rolleyes:.....Now don’t hold anything back, tell us how you really feel, JD!

HASHBROWN3 and JD dirtybird21 like this

34 minutes ago, 2_legit_2_legit_2_quit said:

One ignorant loud mouth football player opens his jaws and lets crap spill out(Ramsey), and now he has followers coming out of the woodworks.

Dumb & dumber I guess.  Clueless.

Vandy likes this

5 hours ago, Vogelgryff said:

Nonsense. You don’t think making the playoffs is going far? Once you get in, anything can happen. See eagles with backup QB winning the whole ******* thing!

9 hours ago, DogIsYourName said:

I was totally with you until you mentioned that "Jalen Ramsey is right". No he's wrong. I agree that Matt Ryan has always had the talent around him to be a good QB but just because Matt Ryan isn't on the level of Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady doesn't mean he's "overrated" or "mediocore". He's still one of the best QB's in the last decade compared to most of the others across the league. The funny thing is, the quarterbacks the mainstream media keeps comparing Matt Ryan to haven't accomplished ANYWHERE NEAR as much as Matt Ryan statistically, record wise, and when it comes to playoff runs. 

13 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Nonsense. You don’t think making the playoffs is going far? Once you get in, anything can happen. See eagles with backup QB winning the whole ******* thing!

Do people forget that Nick Foles started the whole year for the Eagles in 2013 and led them to a 10-6 season and a division title? Is that totally forgotten? I feel like I was the only one who knew there wasn't a big gap between Carson Wentz and Nick Foles. It was the Eagles TEAM who was very solid in 2017, and in 2016 the reason they finished 7-9 was because of their horrible 1-7 record in road games but they were still 6-2 at home, had a decent defense, and led the league in time of possession (which was the worst match up for the 2016 Falcons offense). All they had to do in 2017 was fix their road record and they were going to be legit contenders. 

It's how I feel about the media forgetting about Matt Ryan's 2010 and 2012 seasons and acts like all they see is 2016 and that's it. You could even include how well Matt Ryan did for a rookie back in 2008.