Macknsweetjones

Jalen Ramsey calls Matt Ryan overrated

594 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Byrdman242424 said:

I wasn't going to reply to anything. But this is so dumb.

What are attributes without someone to get them out of you? Johnny Manziel had attributes in college right? Where is he now? So you probably answer to the affect of him being in trouble. Ok, cool. Vick played all of those years in Atlanta but had some of his best seasons in a comeback with Philly? Why? Because a coach got something out of him that other coaches CLEARLY didn't. Vick got in trouble you say? Ok, cool. Jamarcus Russell. Best arm coming out of college. A Big Ben type before Big Ben got going. What happened to him? No scheme. 

He made the system but not the player. Dumbest thing I've ever heard. Lol. Why do you think Cam has option plays and Matt doesn't? Why do you think Big Ben takes WAY more shot down field than Matt on a consistent basis? Because they made a SYSTEM for the skill of the player. Why do you think they are trying so hard to keep Matt in Shanny's scheme? Because he won an MVP in it. We got to a Super Bowl in it. We put up record breaking numbers in it. If it's all Matt, how come he didn't have the same success out of power with Turner, Gonzo, and White? Why not go back to power then? Sheesh. 

Good Lord,

i don’t think you could have picked a worse set of three examples than Manziel, Vick and Russell if you tried. 

49 minutes ago, Byrdman242424 said:

What are attributes without someone to get them out of you? Johnny Manziel had attributes in college right? Where is he now? So you probably answer to the affect of him being in trouble. Ok, cool. Vick played all of those years in Atlanta but had some of his best seasons in a comeback with Philly? Why? Because a coach got something out of him that other coaches CLEARLY didn't. Vick got in trouble you say? Ok, cool. Jamarcus Russell. Best arm coming out of college. A Big Ben type before Big Ben got going. What happened to him? No scheme. 

He made the system but not the player. Dumbest thing I've ever heard. Lol. Why do you think Cam has option plays and Matt doesn't? Why do you think Big Ben takes WAY more shot down field than Matt on a consistent basis? Because they made a SYSTEM for the skill of the player. Why do you think they are trying so hard to keep Matt in Shanny's scheme? Because he won an MVP in it. We got to a Super Bowl in it. We put up record breaking numbers in it. If it's all Matt, how come he didn't have the same success out of power with Turner, Gonzo, and White? Why not go back to power then? Sheesh. 

what? matt had a lot of good yrs behind a power scheme of mike mularky, he had his second best yr under dirk kotter and his 4 vert system, and of course his 16 season was an mvp season no doubt. Matt has thrived in three very different systems and lead his team to the playoffs in three different systems. the reason dq brought in shanny, is bc as a dc it was the offense that gave his defense the most problems. The offensive scheme is great in getting the balls in space to fast play makers. it is also good at stretching and tiring a defense in the run game the same way, by getting the defense to move sideways. And of course the play action that is deadly for taking deeper shots. the only reason Jalen thinks matt is overrated is bc shanny burned the jags defense the same way he was burning defenses for us. 

Matt has really only one problem and it is not his deep ball, Ive seen several yrs where he can go deep with accuracy and power, he is no rodgers but who is, he can make all the throws in the routes. he is prob either number 1 or 2 in the league on slant routes, with getting the ball out on time and accurately. matts problem to my eyes is the redzone and to be more specific from abut 8 yds in, his decision making there is not where it should be, it also doesnt help that we are not near as good running there between the tackles. but to my eyes that is where matt falls flat 90 percent of the time. between the 20s matt might be the best bc I cant count how many times my dude started inside his own five or even his own 1 yd line.

1 hour ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

Would this thread be 21 pages long if Trae Waynes uttered these remarks? Picked up by most national sport media outlets.  Been a topic of conversation on local/national sports talk radio.

Donald Trump comments a lot of the time are incorrect/wrong...but they’re relevant.

Sports media is 24/7/365, they jump on any topic they can find. Doesn't make his comments relevant  or accurate.

On 8/15/2018 at 10:30 AM, HASHBROWN3 said:

You’re a bust LOL.  

You prove it every time you show up with your fake nonsense.  Blah blah blah.

:lol:

That is post of the month stuff 

HASHBROWN3 likes this

LMAO the Ryan hater punks looking extremely desperate & loony with every new page that goes by! :lol:

The more dufus’s you quote the dumber you look.

Ryan basically dismissed Jalen’s comments as meaningless and irrelevant. Anyone taking them serious should probably stop sucking their thumbs & crawl out from under your bed because your late for your nut-job counseling appointment.  :D

The Jalen Ramsey apologists are embarrassing themselves & it’s quite fun to observe.  Please continue your Jalen foolishness that resembles Cowherd takes, Blake Bortles love & please do say hello to your mental health counselor for us! 

Please please keep up the bs....you’re cementing your own lack of credibility.

Meanwhile the Ice man is fast asleep resting his body so he can continue slaying it on the field & making his haters look like complete buffoons while Jalen the big-mouth rides out his team punishment & job suspension because of aforementioned big mouth.

So darn weird how some nut jobs here love failing so eagerly.  SMFH again LOL.

1 hour ago, Byrdman242424 said:

Lmao Johnny didn't have talent he had luck, and a want to be socially accepted not accepted by the team. Went through rehab. 

Vick actually started reading a playbook after losing the entire game of football for two years. JaMarcus, dirty sprite is all ima say bout him, so terrible examples in Johnny and JaMarcus. Now talib or Marcus Peter's, will thrive in any system regardless of scheme. A kid like DeShawn Watson will thrive regardless of scheme, lack of weapons can play a part in the future but people were born to play ball regardless of the coaching or scheme. An oc did not make Matt Ryan and give him the skills 8 years into his career what sense that make lol

Didn't read the rest after that tbh

HASHBROWN3 likes this

1 hour ago, falconidae said:

Sports media is 24/7/365, they jump on any topic they can find. Doesn't make his comments relevant  or accurate.

So, I'm guessing you agree since you didn't answer the question.

52 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

So, I'm guessing you agree since you didn't answer the question.

Naah, missed the question mark. 21 pages doesn't mean Ramsey comments are  relevant.  They are not relevant for the simple reason that they  just  aren't true. Ryan is not overrated, he's a very good QB. 

This turned into 21 pages because of trolls, plain and simple. Usual suspects trying to claim Ryan is a middle of the pack QB or that he had a bad year last year. Should we just ignore them, yeah, but sometimes it's just fun to watch them try to make mountains out of molehills of statistics.

Ryan is a top 10 QB by many different metrics, some of that top 10 all time. He's consistently among the top in advanced metrics. Only way to try and make him look bad is to cherry pick stats or to compare him to HOFers. As I've repeatedly said, if the only QBs that do the job better than you are HOFers, you're pretty good.

Anyone who thinks that there's any debate about Ryan's place and/or value is just trolling or ignorant.

HASHBROWN3, Vandy and DirtyBird8711 like this

2 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

LMAO the Ryan hater punks looking extremely desperate & loony with every new page that goes by! :lol:

The more dufus’s you quote the dumber you look.

Ryan basically dismissed Jalen’s comments as meaningless and irrelevant. Anyone taking them serious should probably stop sucking their thumbs & crawl out from under your bed because your late for your nut-job counseling appointment.  :D

The Jalen Ramsey apologists are embarrassing themselves & it’s quite fun to observe.  Please continue your Jalen foolishness that resembles Cowherd takes, Blake Bortles love & please do say hello to your mental health counselor for us! 

Please please keep up the bs....you’re cementing your own lack of credibility.

Meanwhile the Ice man is fast asleep resting his body so he can continue slaying it on the field & making his haters look like complete buffoons while Jalen the big-mouth rides out his team punishment & job suspension because of aforementioned big mouth.

So darn weird how some nut jobs here love failing so eagerly.  SMFH again LOL.

You know, in a few years, when Matt Ryan is heading to Canton and is noted for being top 5 in all time passing yards and passing yards per game, top 10 in touchdowns, completion percentage, fourth quarter comebacks and passer rating,  To go along with this third in career passer rating and top ten completion percentage.  On top of his multiple pro bowls, MVP or two and at least one Super bowl win, do you know what most people are going to say?  Jalen Who?

HASHBROWN3 and Vandy like this

1 hour ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

You know, in a few years, when Matt Ryan is heading to Canton and is noted for being top 5 in all time passing yards and passing yards per game, top 10 in touchdowns, completion percentage, fourth quarter comebacks and passer rating,  To go along with this third in career passer rating and top ten completion percentage.  On top of his multiple pro bowls, MVP or two and at least one Super bowl win, do you know what most people are going to say?  Jalen Who?

Yup.  And what’s more, are a few more simple points.  If you don’t want to admit that you have a personal problem with him then fine.  But please don’t insult everyone else’s intelligence by trying to suggest he’s not a top flight QB.  

It’s not even a legit talking point to suggest he’s overrated.  To any non-agenda-driven person, it’s abundantly clear that he’s shamefully UNDERrated.

Just take a look at the lengths people in this thread are going to in order to smear a guy who deserves none of it.  Go figure.

Vandy, DirtyBird8711 and Ergo Proxy like this

30 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Don’t have time now, but thanks in advance to everyone for the laughs and destroying the haters when I can read this gem later.:tiphat:

Oh indeed Ergo, I just checked in a couple of times to throw in an elbow smash while the sensible guys held the haters down in a choke hold.  It was the least I could do personally for the team & a distinct pleasure to do so sir.  :tiphat:

Vandy and Ergo Proxy like this

5 hours ago, falconidae said:

Naah, missed the question mark. 21 pages doesn't mean Ramsey comments are  relevant.  They are not relevant for the simple reason that they  just  aren't true. Ryan is not overrated, he's a very good QB. 

This turned into 21 pages because of trolls, plain and simple. Usual suspects trying to claim Ryan is a middle of the pack QB or that he had a bad year last year. Should we just ignore them, yeah, but sometimes it's just fun to watch them try to make mountains out of molehills of statistics.

Ryan is a top 10 QB by many different metrics, some of that top 10 all time. He's consistently among the top in advanced metrics. Only way to try and make him look bad is to cherry pick stats or to compare him to HOFers. As I've repeatedly said, if the only QBs that do the job better than you are HOFers, you're pretty good.

Anyone who thinks that there's any debate about Ryan's place and/or value is just trolling or ignorant.

Relevancy and truth have little to no correlation.

ill pose the question another way.  Whose ‘view’ of Matt Ryan is more relevant?  Yours/mine or Jalen Ramsey?

4 minutes ago, TheDirtyWordII said:

Relevancy and truth have little to no correlation.

ill pose the question another way.  Whose ‘view’ of Matt Ryan is more relevant?  Yours/mine or Jalen Ramsey?

Truth matters, truth is Ryan is a very good QB , someone expressing a minority opinion to the contrary doesn't change that. Ramsey's opinion isn't relevant because it has no basis in objective fact. The fact people are going on about that incorrect opinion doesn't make it relevant, it just doesn't.

Ergo Proxy likes this

On 8/15/2018 at 10:21 AM, Byrdman242424 said:

I wouldn't say "bust", but is he wrong though?

Are you kidding bro? 

1 hour ago, falconidae said:

Truth matters, truth is Ryan is a very good QB , someone expressing a minority opinion to the contrary doesn't change that. Ramsey's opinion isn't relevant because it has no basis in objective fact. The fact people are going on about that incorrect opinion doesn't make it relevant, it just doesn't.

In a year in which he (Ryan) won the MVP...his ‘peers’ voted him the #10 player overall...a pretty big slight given the season he had just had.

Now my original stance was that outside of this board, I think Ryan is a tad underrated.  Ramsey is a guy looking to brand himself nationally now that he’s made his mark on the field...so there’s certainly an element of ‘headlines’ to his remarks.  But he’s speaking ‘his’ truth which is based on a fairly expert viewpoint.  And given the perennial lack of respect Ryan’s career has generated, his opinion may not be as minority as you believe.

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:21 AM, Byrdman242424 said:

I wouldn't say "bust", but is he wrong though?

I believe it's Super Bowl or bust as a team, yes. But he's basically calling Ryan a system player and gives Shanahan all the credit for Ryan getting that MVP. And that's what I disagree with him about.

Ergo Proxy likes this