Macknsweetjones

Jalen Ramsey calls Matt Ryan overrated

594 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, RiseUpcollegepark said:

I love Matty Ice. But we can look at any QB & say it was the WR fault. If you look at any top tier QB  career int. Matt has the most int then all of them. Matt career QB ratings is 93.4 compared to Russell Wilson 98.8 ratings. Matt Ryan has only thrown less than 10 int twice in his career. You are what you are. Remind you that Matt has the BEST supporting cast then any other top tier QB. Again Matt is a GREAT QB but he has his faults just like any other QB.

Wilson no longer has that great D to bail him out. He’s going to be playing on a bad team for a couple years, just as Ryan did in 2013-14. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ftw.usatoday.com/2017/09/the-seahawks-offensive-line-is-a-disaster-but-russell-wilson-isnt-helping/amp

2 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Wilson no longer has that great D to bail him out. He’s going to be playing on a bad team for a couple years, just as Ryan did in 2013-14. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ftw.usatoday.com/2017/09/the-seahawks-offensive-line-is-a-disaster-but-russell-wilson-isnt-helping/amp

Defense has nothing to do with QB ratings. Russell has one of the worst OL in the league. He doesn't complain that his average WR are dropping balls. He doesn't complain about the line not blocking. He goes out there & make plays when things breakdown. Some of you guys have this mindset that if It's not all positive about the Falcons then you are a troll or you just hating. You complain to your significant other but you still love her though. 

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Matt was very young and still learning when Asante was here. To your point he took and improved he s game from that constructive criticism. I think that humbleness gets misconstrued at times.  

I wasn’t as big a fan of his early on, I thought we almost coddled and made it too easy for him,  but have come to realize I was wrong about that. 

I think 2013-14 playing on a bad team behind a terrible OL and having to deal with that kind of adversity was the best thing to happen for ryan’s Progression as a leader. You and I know talked about this a couple years ago, ryan now has that eye of the tiger and has grown into that leader we were wanting him to be of this team. I have also come to appreciate his consistency and toughness and work ethic. Ryan may not  have that rocket arm but he will do anything to beat you. And like I said, he’s tough as nails. 

This is spot on. It's also what I would say about Manning. They both made their teams contenders every year without dominate defenses. Ryan's postseason stats are better than Manning in some areas. They also have a similar win-loss record. Obvs Manning's numbers are higher in that area 14-13 vs 4-6. Ryan has higher comp% and yards per attempt and better TD:int ratio

Manning overall 63.2% comp Ryan 67%

40 tds 25 Ints                                  Ryan:  20 tds 7ints  7.6 yards per attempt           1 game winning drive 

looking just at his Indy stats he went 9-10

29 tds   19 ints     7.1 yards per attempt.              1 game winning drive

If Ryan keeps those averages were going to win a couple of rings with this defense that is just getting started. These next 5 seasons are going to be the best we've ever seen. 

If Riley is just out of his league(trying to stay out of that mob) I kinda want Ish to start at WLB. I'm getting too excited bc I feel it brother. I knew we couldn't lose to anyone but ourselves after week 11 or 12 in 2016 and I've got that feeling again. Even if we start 0-3 I'm not going to panic. When this team does click were going to be untouchable. I'm bordering on manic with excitement.

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers
DirtyBird8711, Vandy, mqg96 and 1 other like this

12 minutes ago, RiseUpcollegepark said:

I love Matty Ice. But we can look at any QB & say it was the WR fault. If you look at any top tier QB  career int. Matt has the most int then all of them. Matt career QB ratings is 93.4 compared to Russell Wilson 98.8 ratings. Matt Ryan has only thrown less than 10 int twice in his career. You are what you are. Remind you that Matt has the BEST supporting cast then any other top tier QB. Again Matt is a GREAT QB but he has his faults just like any other QB.

Well, no,

PFF ,who look at every single play, says that Ryan threw fewer interceptible passes than anyone else in the last two years. Many times last year, it was the WRs fault, 8 of Ryans INTs bounced of the receiver's hands, or other body parts. 

Ryan is top ten all time in fewest interceptions per pass attempts [int%], Wilson is top 5. There are only 9 other QBs who have thrown fewer INTs per pass attempt for their careers.  That's really really good.

And, every super bowl winning QB has a great supporting cast-either great skill position players, great Oline, or a great defense, every single one. When Ryan wins his ring, it'll be no different.

Ryan has his faults, throwing too many picks isn't one of them.

5 minutes ago, RiseUpcollegepark said:

Defense has nothing to do with QB ratings. Russell has one of the worst OL in the league. He doesn't complain that his average WR are dropping balls. He doesn't complain about the line not blocking. He goes out there & make plays when things breakdown. Some of you guys have this mindset that if It's not all positive about the Falcons then you are a troll or you just hating. You complain to your significant other but you still love her though. 

Actually that isn't totally true. Obviously defense doesn't directly influence stats but turnovers create momentum that makes scoring easier. If a defense is good your QB gets 2-4 extra drives a game even if there is an even turnover margin. If  we get 3 and outs from drives we would have given up a first down or two during last season then our offense is going to be fine. Only way to stop Ryan is to not allow him to get the ball. Dominate defenses do very much indirectly influence QB stats

Vandy likes this

14 minutes ago, RiseUpcollegepark said:

Defense has nothing to do with QB ratings. Russell has one of the worst OL in the league. He doesn't complain that his average WR are dropping balls. He doesn't complain about the line not blocking. He goes out there & make plays when things breakdown. Some of you guys have this mindset that if It's not all positive about the Falcons then you are a troll or you just hating. You complain to your significant other but you still love her though. 

How naive can one be?

wait and see. His qb rating will go down. Read post above by @ATLSlobberKnockers, you might learn something.

And what in the **** does my opinion of Russell Wilson have to do with falcons? Get out of here with that nonsense!

23 minutes ago, RiseUpcollegepark said:

his average wrs didn't lead the NFL in drops either, And he's had a great team for his entire career until very recently. how did Russell do inthe playoffs this year?  That's right he DIDN'T go out there and just make plays enough to get in huh? Sowhy are you acting like he is overcoming so much adversity. Bad olines don;t win in December. no matter who your Qb is. Our 2015 Oline was god awful. We didn;t have a center that could get the ball to the Qb in a position to easily throw. Person easily caused .5 secs-1 sec extra time just to secure the snap and get the hands on laces. Then we got Mack and Ryan set NFL records dude. No idea why ppl give all credit to Shanahan. We ran his plays in 2015 too. The difference? Alex GD Mack. Mack plays the most important position on offense after QB. Your center has to be as smart as your QB bc they have to read defenses as well and call out blocking adjustments as needed.

Also when have you heard Ryan complain about anything or make excuses?

24 minutes ago, Vandy said:

How naive can one be?

wait and see. His qb rating will go down. Read post above by @ATLSlobberKnockers, you might learn something.

And what in the **** does my opinion of Russell Wilson have to do with falcons? Get out of here with that nonsense!

Because of all gthose plays he made in the post season with that horrible oline? Didnt help his argument

Vandy likes this

1 minute ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

Why is this stupid thread based on a stupid comment by a stupid and SUSPENDED CB almost 20 pages long?

Some one /END this

Lol. Bc it quickly went to people actually agreeing with him. Lol. I'd like to know who in the media is overrating him? lol

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

See another reason your a HOF poster. You get those links that make you rethink your position. Or at least it SHOULD make one at least question their views and actually take a couple mins to do research before posting opinions as fact.

Vandy likes this

10 hours ago, Malachore said:

Guess Matt should also catch the balls he throws since WR/TE/RBs dropped 30+ of those passes. :shrug:

I can’t like this enough!!!!! :D

8 hours ago, Peyton said:

Exactly.  Especially when the guy is neither in your division or in your conference and not even on your schedule this year. 

And has been in the NFL before Ramsey graduated highschool. 

1 hour ago, falconidae said:

Except for Brady, none them were obvious locks in their earlier years- Brees first 5 years were thoroughly mediocre, Big Ben was strictly a game manger working with a great defense, Rodgers barely played his first 3 years. Peyton was known as a guy who put up a lot of stats but who couldn't get it done in the playoffs. They all cemented their legacies later in their careers.

Ryan is doing exactly what those players did, except he hasn't had a team around him to get a ring. Not going to go look it up, but pretty sure none of them had a super bowl run where they had to overcome their defense never forcing a punt in a playoff game.  

Brees won his ring in his 9th year, Rodgers in his 7th, Peyton in his 9th, Elway won his first one in his 15th year,Ryan gets a ring, he's a lock for the HOF, he gets 60K and 400, he's a lock, with or without a ring.

I hope for the best. I will say this, I don’t believe Ryan’s 2016 season is a one off or the product of Shanahan’s work. I believe Ryan is closer to that level of play consistently than people think 

falconidae and Bigbenright like this

2 hours ago, Dirtybird3 said:

Respectly disagree also.. If Matt came in a rookie with the steelers d and run game he'd have a few rings or more.. Big b is a HOF off the numbers but talent wise Ben isn't better than Matt in my book. I hate arguing 'if they had this oc or this or that' but plug Matt into the steelers and the perennial WRs they've had too and it'd be a different discussion..  Plus Ben to me is a locker room cancer, he's just to good with the rooneys. I'd hate having Ben as my qb and I think players feel that way too 

You’re not wrong about Big Ben. But he’s still a HOF lock right now. His resume is more impressive than Ryan’s in the eyes of the media. 

Dirtybird3 likes this

3 hours ago, Vandy said:

Matt was very young and still learning when Asante was here. To your point he took and improved he s game from that constructive criticism. I think that humbleness gets misconstrued at times.  

I wasn’t as big a fan of his early on, I thought we almost coddled and made it too easy for him,  but have come to realize I was wrong about that. 

I think 2013-14 playing on a bad team behind a terrible OL and having to deal with that kind of adversity was the best thing to happen for ryan’s Progression as a leader. You and I know talked about this a couple years ago, ryan now has that eye of the tiger and has grown into that leader we were wanting him to be of this team. I have also come to appreciate his consistency and toughness and work ethic. Ryan may not  have that rocket arm but he will do anything to beat you. And like I said, he’s tough as nails. 

Absolutely. And I was always theee defending Matt throughout his young years. He’s def become a top qb in this league. He can absolutely slice up a defense. Every now and then we have those games where it seems like the defense has his clock down. And that’s where Aaron is different. There’s no clock to go to. Or with Wilson. And even Cam. That’s why those guys are DANGEROUS. Matt is not and has never been a “dangerous” qb. But he has an arsenal of dangerous weaponry. Akin to Peyton Manning. And that’s absolutely fine. We’ve had tons of discussions about this stuff over the last few years. Matt is a bad boy. Just not scary. And that’s ok. Julio and the boys got the scary part taken care of.  

Vandy, caponine and MSalmon like this

2 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Absolutely. And I was always theee defending Matt throughout his young years. He’s def become a top qb in this league. He can absolutely slice up a defense. Every now and then we have those games where it seems like the defense has his clock down. And that’s where Aaron is different. There’s no clock to go to. Or with Wilson. And even Cam. That’s why those guys are DANGEROUS. Matt is not and has never been a “dangerous” qb. But he has an arsenal of dangerous weaponry. Akin to Peyton Manning. And that’s absolutely fine. We’ve had tons of discussions about this stuff over the last few years. Matt is a bad boy. Just not scary. And that’s ok. Julio and the boys got the scary part taken care of.  

i knew he was going to be great in 2008, when he drove the team down the field against the Bears......... IN SIX SECONDS!! I mean yeahh he threw a TD on his first NFL pass ( insider) lol but For a rookie to do that, i remember screaming at my tv and jumping up when Elam hit the FG

Vandy likes this

9 hours ago, Byrdman242424 said:

No.

Is that what you got from his career stat lines? I actually highlighted his averages for you guys! Yikes. I'm done talking to ya'll. LOL. That's sad. 

Is that a promise or a threat? Hopefully a promise.