Macknsweetjones

Jalen Ramsey calls Matt Ryan overrated

594 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

agreed with everything besides this being a good football debate. I've been dragged into it like an undertow though.

And it can happen in a flash! Smh. 

24 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Except that he has beat all of them to 40k passing yards in fewer games. You are mentioning Rogers (fewer yards more games), Peyton, and Brady as if they played in a different era. And also Brees will be talked about as an all time great along with Matt, I mean you saying he just isn;t without backing it up with anything is like me saying the world isn't round no matter what your told. It e HOF unless he has a career ending injury in the next few seasons.

Andy Dalton? Lol.All qbs get passing yard stats when they complete passes. Andy Dalton just happened to only have 3,300 last season while Ryan had 4,100 in a "horrible" year. But Ryan is just fine quietly racking up his HOF numbers and putting the ball where someone can make a play on it when the postseason is here. 

There is a reason why they keep up with stats. Ryan has been the most consistent Qb in history at moving the ball downfield WITHOUT garbage time padded stats. There is irrefutable proof of that. You can't argue opinion against facts.

You must not be an older fan because those of us who have 30+ years invested in this team see Ryan for what he is.

I see Ryan as a franchise QB. Look at my posting history. I’ve never bashed the guy. Always defended him. If you want a pissing contest, I’ve been around these boards a LOT longer than you have...there’s no need to make assumptions about my age man. Be respectful

2nd, Matt isn’t as good as those guys because he doesn’t sustain excellence on a consistent basis. All you are looking at is stats. I’m looking at what I see. With rodgers, I see a guy who can move, make throws that nobody else can make, and is a great playmaker. With Ryan, I see a guy who is limited physically, but makes up for it with hard work, dedication, and a great mind for the game. But, as @TheFatboi pointed out, DC’s don’t fear Matt. And he’s right. 

Stats don’t tell the whole story. And you know it. 

RiseUpcollegepark likes this

17 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Nobody in this thread is saying that, that I can see, might have missed somebody. It IS a Falcons board, you're going to get over the top takes on the Falcon QB, just like you would on any other board.

I will say that, when the only other QBs that are better than you are all HOFers, you're pretty good in your own right. 

If Ryan suffers no major injury, he'll get the the HOF based on numbers alone, he should end up with 60K yards and 400 TDs, every other QB that has done that is either in the hall or considered a lock for the hall when they retire. Get a ring ,he's good with lesser numbers.

Yea, I agree with this. But look at this way. Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Big Ben, and Peyton are obvious locks for the HOF. Ryan is not. All I’m trying to say, is that Ryan is not as good those guys. And he isn’t. That doesn’t mean I don’t like him or think he’s not a great QB

Edited by JD dirtybird21

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

That’s fine, but he’s not, and never will be an all time great. He’s good. I’ve always been in Ryan’s corner. But he’s not an all time great regardless of what stats say

Respectfully disagree. I think matt is and will go down as a HOF QB....he’s compiling all the stats, just Needs a couple rings...

if not for coaching blunders, he would already have two rings. And everyone would be looking at him differently. 

Just now, Vandy said:

Respectfully disagree. I think matt is and will go down as a HOF QB....he’s compiling all the stats, just Needs a couple rings...

if not for coaching blunders, he would already have two rings. And everyone would be looking at him differently. 

I hope so man. Ryan has the supporting cast around him to do something really great. The ball is in his court 

Vandy likes this

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I hope so man. Ryan has the supporting cast around him to do something really great. The ball is in his court 

Completely agree JD. No excuses, just go get the **** ring.

JD dirtybird21 likes this

3 hours ago, Byrdman242424 said:

How did he not make RG3 from scratch when he won ROY? Lol. Smh. Stop. But since you brought up Jimmy G, what's his record under Shanny right now? Lol. Shanny gets QBs PAID. 

Because Robert had those attributes before Kyle. You make it seem like Kyle took nothing and made it into something. And still his Roy campaign was option and his running ability. You telling me Kyle did that, you're dumb. Yes he made the system but not the player, that's what you not understanding. That's like saying Vick was taught his talent, no he had it and was utilized correctly, but his oc did not make vick.

Was it a full season? So did Shanny and Co bet the farm on this guy because Shanny knew he couldn't work magic with the qbs on the roster? I mean if Shanny is such a God he can do it with lesser, unless Matt Ryan just maybeeee a little better than you wanna give credit 

Vandy likes this

7 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yea, I agree with this. But look at this way. Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Big Ben, and Peyton are obvious locks for the HOF. Ryan is not. All I’m trying to say, is that Ryan is not as good those guys. And he isn’t. That doesn’t mean I don’t like him or think he’s not a great QB

Respectly disagree also.. If Matt came in a rookie with the steelers d and run game he'd have a few rings or more.. Big b is a HOF off the numbers but talent wise Ben isn't better than Matt in my book. I hate arguing 'if they had this oc or this or that' but plug Matt into the steelers and the perennial WRs they've had too and it'd be a different discussion..  Plus Ben to me is a locker room cancer, he's just to good with the rooneys. I'd hate having Ben as my qb and I think players feel that way too 

Vandy and JD dirtybird21 like this

Just now, Dirtybird3 said:

Respectly disagree also.. If Matt came in a rookie with the steelers d and run game he'd have a few rings or more.. Big b is a HOF off the numbers but talent wise Ben isn't better than Matt in my book. I hate arguing 'if they had this oc or this or that' but plug Matt into the steelers and the perennial WRs they've had too and it'd be a different discussion..  Plus Ben to me is a locker room cancer, he's just to good with the rooneys. I'd hate having Ben as my qb and I think players feel that way too 

There's A lot of dysfunction in Steelers locker room. Much of that has to do with (lack of) leadership. 

Dirtybird3 likes this

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

There's A lot of dysfunction in Steelers locker room. Much of that has to do with (lack of) leadership. 

Lowkey trashing the rook was it for me. Always trying to be someone's dad just rubs me wrong and I'm not even a fan. 

Vandy likes this

3 hours ago, caponine said:

if you dont mind me asking, what players fall in that category. Just wondering

Not even gonna engage. Depends if your talking just sound bytes or simple agendas that get tweeted about. Basically every time Kaepernick gets brought up, the person bringing it up looks like an idiot. Michael Jenkins for example..., great football player, always had respect for him...gettin a little heavy on the kneeling for the anthem lately and THEN...tweets about inmates and the NFL. He's out.

4 hours ago, TheFatboi said:

Talent wise he’s not an all time Great. Numbers wise when it’s all over he’ll be up there. This is my thing and I said this during the Julio situation and jalen echoes this. Matt doesn’t scare anybody. I don’t know why our fan base thinks he does but he doesn’t. Julio scares the pants off of DC’s and corners. Aaron Rodgers himself scares defenses and DC’s. As great as I think Matt is he does not and never will scare anybody on defense. He’s just not an intimidating qb. Very good. Very cerebral. Studies the game but doesn’t strike fear in anybody. Jalen is Just saying out loud what many players think of Matt. Asante told me he didn’t know about Matt when he was an eagle. Then when he became a falcon he let Matt know why he picked him off everytime they met. He told me personally Matt is too mechanical. Too much like a machine and once you get Matt’s clock down you can pick him. Matt’s game improved after he and Asante had that talk because he became more aware of how he was tipping of corners looking to jump his routes. Matt has earned his respect in the league as a good qb but the strike on Matt and where many separate him from Aaron and Brady is his inconsistency from season to season. Those guys are in the mvp discussion each and every year. Matt has only been in 2012 and 2016. His Two Best years. I hope Matt uses that to personally show the world the type of qb we all know he can be. One thing I’ve always said on Matt’s behalf is he’s never kept an OC for too long because he always gets them a HC job somewhere. Matt just needs to come out this year and do what Matt does. 

Matt was very young and still learning when Asante was here. To your point he took and improved he s game from that constructive criticism. I think that humbleness gets misconstrued at times.  

I wasn’t as big a fan of his early on, I thought we almost coddled and made it too easy for him,  but have come to realize I was wrong about that. 

I think 2013-14 playing on a bad team behind a terrible OL and having to deal with that kind of adversity was the best thing to happen for ryan’s Progression as a leader. You and I talked about this a couple years ago, ryan now has that eye of the tiger and has grown into that leader we were wanting him to be of this team. I have also come to appreciate his consistency and toughness and work ethic. Ryan may not  have that rocket arm but he will do anything to beat you. And like I said, he’s tough as nails. 

36 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I have also come to appreciate his consistency and toughness and work ethic. Ryan may not  have that rocket arm but he will do anything to beat you. And like I said, he’s tough as nails. 

Great post. All of it.

DirtyBird8711 and Vandy like this

43 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Except for Brady, none them were obvious locks in their earlier years- Brees first 5 years were thoroughly mediocre, Big Ben was strictly a game manger working with a great defense, Rodgers barely played his first 3 years. Peyton was known as a guy who put up a lot of stats but who couldn't get it done in the playoffs. They all cemented their legacies later in their careers.

Ryan is doing exactly what those players did, except he hasn't had a team around him to get a ring. Not going to go look it up, but pretty sure none of them had a super bowl run where they had to overcome their defense never forcing a punt in a playoff game.  

Brees won his ring in his 9th year, Rodgers in his 7th, Peyton in his 9th, Elway won his first one in his 15th year,Ryan gets a ring, he's a lock for the HOF, he gets 60K and 400, he's a lock, with or without a ring.

9 hours ago, Byrdman242424 said:

And I would ask you this. Without the Kyle Shannahan's scheme for the MVP, Super Bowl season, what is Matt Ryan? Because he's just getting you to realize that it was an outlier season. Why do you think they are trying to hard at Flowery Branch to get Sark to TRY to duplicate it? Lol. And the defense got us to the playoff last year.

**** Kyle!!! I'm sick of you fools giving him all of the credit.

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I see Ryan as a franchise QB. Look at my posting history. I’ve never bashed the guy. Always defended him. If you want a pissing contest, I’ve been around these boards a LOT longer than you have...there’s no need to make assumptions about my age man. Be respectful

2nd, Matt isn’t as good as those guys because he doesn’t sustain excellence on a consistent basis. All you are looking at is stats. I’m looking at what I see. With rodgers, I see a guy who can move, make throws that nobody else can make, and is a great playmaker. With Ryan, I see a guy who is limited physically, but makes up for it with hard work, dedication, and a great mind for the game. But, as @TheFatboi pointed out, DC’s don’t fear Matt. And he’s right. 

Stats don’t tell the whole story. And you know it. 

I'm just in a mood man. He didn't die for my sins or anything like I'm acting. I use this board to unwind from work but going to have to take a break bc I see my posts are not reflecting my normal objective nature

JD dirtybird21 likes this

Guys!  My work got some new hand soap and it smells like Hawaiian Punch...

On a scale of 1 to death, what would happen if I...errr...someone...were to try to see if it tastes like it smells...

1 hour ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

No our wrs had a HORRIBLE year. Lead the league in drops. 9 of those drops resulted in all but 3 of his ints. 

Dude was tied for Brees as the #2 rated Qb in the league last year

He put the ball between our best receivers hands in the endzone on the final play of the season. He can't influence if the receivers catch the **** balls.

Calling a 4k+ yard season horrible is just not allowed. You must pick another adjective. At worst he had a down year, in comparison to 2016.

I love Matty Ice. But we can look at any QB & say it was the WR fault. If you look at any top tier QB  career int. Matt has the most int then all of them. Matt career QB ratings is 93.4 compared to Russell Wilson 98.8 ratings. Matt Ryan has only thrown less than 10 int twice in his career. You are what you are. Remind you that Matt has the BEST supporting cast then any other top tier QB. Again Matt is a GREAT QB but he has his faults just like any other QB.