Macknsweetjones

Jalen Ramsey calls Matt Ryan overrated

594 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Byrdman is saying that Ryan is overrated. He isn’t. Ryan is a top 7 QB in this league. He is needed on this team in order to win a championship 

If ANYTHING Ryan is underrated. Top 7? When he retires he's going to be top 5 in almost every statistical category there is. He could easily be #1 all time yardage if he plays til hes 39-40

JD dirtybird21 and JDaveG like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

I doubt anyone believes that Ryan is on the same level as Rodgers.

 

But Aaron Rodgers has become overrated a bit by many fans and the media. I've seen many call Rodgers the goat, despite him only having 1 ring with 1 SB appearance while Brady has 5 rings with 8 SB appearances.

 

Why do people always bring up rings and SBs in determining how great a player is, but put Rodgers in the same category as Brady?

I’ve seen people on this board claim that Ryan is better. Won’t name names.

I’m the last guy you want to have a SB ring discussion with in terms of who the best is.

Rodgers is one of the best QB’s I’ve ever seen and IMO he IS without a doubt better than Brady. Rodgers plays for a terrible organization and poor head coach. Brady has been set for success since day 1. In terms of overall individual talent, Rodgers is flat out better 

mqg96 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

If ANYTHING Ryan is underrated. Top 7? When he retires he's going to be top 5 in almost every statistical category there is. He could easily be #1 all time yardage if he plays til hes 39-40

That’s fine, but he’s not, and never will be an all time great. He’s good. I’ve always been in Ryan’s corner. But he’s not an all time great regardless of what stats say

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Actually, if Ryan hadn't had a playoff week where he slept in the hospital while his pregnant wife was on bed rest and done his film watching there, he might have won one last year. He just wasn't himself in that game, just a little off from his previously incredibly sharp playoff performances. They get back to the playoffs, I think Ryan will just roll through teams.

But push to shove he put the ball between our best receivers hands on our last play. Not much more you can ask besides 150 mil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

 

I doubt anyone believes that Ryan is on the same level as Rodgers.

 

But Aaron Rodgers has become overrated a bit by many fans and the media. I've seen many call Rodgers the goat, despite him only having 1 ring with 1 SB appearance while Brady has 5 rings with 8 SB appearances.

 

Why do people always bring up rings and SBs in determining how great a player is, but put Rodgers in the same category as Brady?

Go back and see my comment on why Aaron Rodgers hasn't had the same success as Tom Brady. Similar reason why Eli Manning and Russell Wilson have a ring or two and not Matt Ryan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, caponine said:

Nope , he is correct homers just dont want to hear the truth. Matt had an awful year

Matt had a awful year but he is far from a bust. He is one of the BEST QB (Top 5) in the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

That’s fine, but he’s not, and never will be an all time great. He’s good. I’ve always been in Ryan’s corner. But he’s not an all time great regardless of what stats say

yeah that is a ridiculous statement. That's like saying that guy is guilty no matter what the evidence says.

In a game of inches Ryan has more yardage than Rogers in fewer games. That is the exact same as saying Rogers is an all time great no matter what the stats say

JDaveG and DirtyBird8711 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, HEIST said:

Stafford probably gonna snatch that fastest to 40,000 yards title.

 

While still not having a playoff win to his name and probably missing more postseasons.

 

It seems like Stafford really has the most yards that equates to nothing than any other upper tier QB in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

yeah that is a ridiculous statement. That's like saying that guy is guilty no matter what the evidence says.

In a game of inches Ryan has more yardage than Rogers in fewer games. That is the exact same as saying Rogers is an all time great no matter what the stats say

Matt plays in an era where passing is gifted. Andy Dalton rakes up the passing stats. Look man, I’m not saying I dislike Matt. He’s a great player. But he is NOT Rodgers, or Peyton, or Brady, or Montana. He just isn’t. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RiseUpcollegepark said:

Matt had a awful year but he is far from a bust. He is one of the BEST QB (Top 5) in the NFL.

No our wrs had a HORRIBLE year. Lead the league in drops. 9 of those drops resulted in all but 3 of his ints. 

Dude was tied for Brees as the #2 rated Qb in the league last year

He put the ball between our best receivers hands in the endzone on the final play of the season. He can't influence if the receivers catch the **** balls.

Calling a 4k+ yard season horrible is just not allowed. You must pick another adjective. At worst he had a down year, in comparison to 2016.

Vandy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

That’s fine, but he’s not, and never will be an all time great. He’s good. I’ve always been in Ryan’s corner. But he’s not an all time great regardless of what stats say

Talent wise he’s not an all time Great. Numbers wise when it’s all over he’ll be up there. This is my thing and I said this during the Julio situation and jalen echoes this. Matt doesn’t scare anybody. I don’t know why our fan base thinks he does but he doesn’t. Julio scares the pants off of DC’s and corners. Aaron Rodgers himself scares defenses and DC’s. As great as I think Matt is he does not and never will scare anybody on defense. He’s just not an intimidating qb. Very good. Very cerebral. Studies the game but doesn’t strike fear in anybody. Jalen is Just saying out loud what many players think of Matt. Asante told me he didn’t know about Matt when he was an eagle. Then when he became a falcon he let Matt know why he picked him off everytime they met. He told me personally Matt is too mechanical. Too much like a machine and once you get Matt’s clock down you can pick him. Matt’s game improved after he and Asante had that talk because he became more aware of how he was tipping of corners looking to jump his routes. Matt has earned his respect in the league as a good qb but the strike on Matt and where many separate him from Aaron and Brady is his inconsistency from season to season. Those guys are in the mvp discussion each and every year. Matt has only been in 2012 and 2016. His Two Best years. I hope Matt uses that to personally show the world the type of qb we all know he can be. One thing I’ve always said on Matt’s behalf is he’s never kept an OC for too long because he always gets them a HC job somewhere. Matt just needs to come out this year and do what Matt does. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, HEIST said:

Stafford probably gonna snatch that fastest to 40,000 yards title.

naah, he has 34.7K in 9 years, that would require a 5300 yard year. To outdo Ryan at 10 years, he'd have to have a 7000 yard year.   The year Stafford had 5000+  yards, he threw 663 times                                   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I’ve seen people on this board claim that Ryan is better. Won’t name names.

I’m the last guy you want to have a SB ring discussion with in terms of who the best is.

Rodgers is one of the best QB’s I’ve ever seen and IMO he IS without a doubt better than Brady. Rodgers plays for a terrible organization and poor head coach. Brady has been set for success since day 1. In terms of overall individual talent, Rodgers is flat out better 

 

Packers aren't a terrible organization.

 

Yes he has had bad defenses and a questionable HC, but he isn't free of some of the blame in some of those big loses as well.

 

Rodgers is a better pure passer than Brady. But Brady is still the more accomplished QB. Brady is no slouch statistically either. He could easily be #1 in many major all-time QB stats in the near future along with his record all-time SB hardware.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Matt plays in an era where passing is gifted. Andy Dalton rakes up the passing stats. Look man, I’m not saying I dislike Matt. He’s a great player. But he is NOT Rodgers, or Peyton, or Brady, or Montana. He just isn’t. 

Except that he has beat all of them to 40k passing yards in fewer games. You are mentioning Rogers (fewer yards more games), Peyton, and Brady as if they played in a different era. And also Brees will be talked about as an all time great along with Matt, I mean you saying he just isn;t without backing it up with anything is like me saying the world isn't round no matter what your told. It e HOF unless he has a career ending injury in the next few seasons.

Andy Dalton? Lol.All qbs get passing yard stats when they complete passes. Andy Dalton just happened to only have 3,300 last season while Ryan had 4,100 in a "horrible" year. But Ryan is just fine quietly racking up his HOF numbers and putting the ball where someone can make a play on it when the postseason is here. 

There is a reason why they keep up with stats. Ryan has been the most consistent Qb in history at moving the ball downfield WITHOUT garbage time padded stats. There is irrefutable proof of that. You can't argue opinion against facts.

You must not be an older fan because those of us who have 30+ years invested in this team see Ryan for what he is.

FalconBlood23 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, caponine said:

No problem, gotta look out for people like him man. that word and this board should never mix at all. 

Big facts. I think some of these guys take a very good football debate and use it to take personal shots. I know we can debate hard sometimes but it’s all in fun and football for us and we never take it personally. Saying things like what he said has no place here. 

RING OF HONOR and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

Big facts. I think some of these guys take a very good football debate and use it to take personal shots. I know we can debate hard sometimes but it’s all in fun and football for us and we never take it personally. Saying things like what he said has no place here. 

Yeahh we do argue hard but its all respect at the end of the day. Wake up the next day and do it again. I totally agree with your first statement they take advantage of us arguing and use it for them just like when someone is looting. This is a place for football a chance to get away from all that stuff in life, one reason why i want the season to start already. I like coming on here on gameday and looking at the board. Its fun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Matt plays in an era where passing is gifted. Andy Dalton rakes up the passing stats. Look man, I’m not saying I dislike Matt. He’s a great player. But he is NOT Rodgers, or Peyton, or Brady, or Montana. He just isn’t. 

Nobody in this thread is saying that, that I can see, might have missed somebody. It IS a Falcons board, you're going to get over the top takes on the Falcon QB, just like you would on any other board.

I will say that, when the only other QBs that are better than you are all HOFers, you're pretty good in your own right. 

If Ryan suffers no major injury, he'll get the the HOF based on numbers alone, he should end up with 60K yards and 400 TDs, every other QB that has done that is either in the hall or considered a lock for the hall when they retire. Get a ring ,he's good with lesser numbers.

JD dirtybird21 and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Big facts. I think some of these guys take a very good football debate and use it to take personal shots. I know we can debate hard sometimes but it’s all in fun and football for us and we never take it personally. Saying things like what he said has no place here. 

agreed with everything besides this being a good football debate. I've been dragged into it like an undertow though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, caponine said:

Yeahh we do argue hard but its all respect at the end of the day. Wake up the next day and do it again. I totally agree with your first statement they take advantage of us arguing and use it for them just like when someone is looting. This is a place for football a chance to get away from all that stuff in life, one reason why i want the season to start already. I like coming on here on gameday and looking at the board. Its fun

Exactly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now