Macknsweetjones

Jalen Ramsey calls Matt Ryan overrated

594 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, Byrdman242424 said:

He made RG3 Rookie of the Year. Dude has been trash since. He made Matt Ryan an MVP for a year. Now he's....the same dude he was before Shanny. Lol. Puts up stats and never been to a Super Bowl. Why do you think they are trying SO HARD to keep Shanny's scheme for Matty Ryan? Because it was the MOST SUCCESSFUL HE'S EVER BEEN! Lol. If it was just Matt, they could have him just learn another scheme. It would take 2 years anyway right? Why keep Shanny's scheme WITHOUT Shanny? foh. Tighten up, man. 

Are you seriously trying to argue that  Ryan is a mediocre QB who just had one great year?

And WCO is the perfect offense for Ryan, he should have been in it from year one.

DirtyBird8711 likes this

3 hours ago, Byrdman242424 said:

I wouldn't say "bust", but is he wrong though?

3 previous pro balls and 1 rookie of the year say he is.

3 hours ago, caponine said:

lol they got further than us last year didnt they ?

Ramsey is a pretty phenomenal CB and I personally think Ryan is given a little too much credit often times. With that being said, Ryan is better than just being a game manager but will never be a Manning, Favre or Brady. 

Nfl players that lack decorum often fall into the trap of looking like over privileged idiots. No player should ever say another player is over hyped. Ryan could easily win MVP again and Jalen could easily look like Jason Webster....then what.

40 minutes ago, Byrdman242424 said:

So let's take this line by line. His career completion pct say is 65 percent? His MVP year it was 69%. Almost 5 points higher. What was it last year in a "bad" season? 65 percent. You literarily cherry picked a 4 year portion of his career and came with an average to try to create some narrative. But I don't follow BS. I asked which season was the norm, and you gave me examples from a 4 year frickin window! So how is that "consistent". LOL.

So being that you're lazy. Let me help.

His 10 year career completion percent 64.62 percent, 4179.60 yards, 26 TDS, 12.6 INTS, and a QBR of 93.19.

His stat line for last years was 64.7 percent, 4,095 yards, 20 TDS, 12 INTS, 91.4 QBR

MVP season stat line was 69.9 percent, 4,944 yards, 38 TDS, 7 INTS, 117.1 QBR.

Again...which one is the norm and which one is the outlier. Don't be lazy man. 

So you want to count his rookie year and the first few years of having a garbage packed roster? BTW he did pretty well under the circumstances during that time frame.

1 hour ago, athell said:

He reminds me a lot of prime, not gonna lie.

His athletic ability is off the charts like Prime, but he’ll have to play at an elite level for many years to even approach that legacy.  Let’s see what he does with the gifts he’s been blessed with.

athell likes this

50 minutes ago, Byrdman242424 said:

He made RG3 Rookie of the Year. Dude has been trash since. He made Matt Ryan an MVP for a year. Now he's....the same dude he was before Shanny. Lol. Puts up stats and never been to a Super Bowl. Why do you think they are trying SO HARD to keep Shanny's scheme for Matty Ryan? Because it was the MOST SUCCESSFUL HE'S EVER BEEN! Lol. If it was just Matt, they could have him just learn another scheme. It would take 2 years anyway right? Why keep Shanny's scheme WITHOUT Shanny? foh. Tighten up, man. 

RG3 is a bad example.

Yes RG3 looked really good and won OROY under Kyle Shanahan. But he also looked bad in his 2nd season under the Shanahans.

Teams found out that RG3 couldn't read defenses.

43 minutes ago, Byrdman242424 said:

What qb is successful switching schemes every other year, of course it made sense to try and keep the same system on top of having a rookie oc coming in.. Matt went to the NFCcg before Shanny right? And RG3 is one example and still not a good one being his downfall was injury. Plus he still did not make RG3 from scratch. Yall act like Shanny had nothing to work with with Matt Ryan.. That's just dumb. So all we are basing this off of is sb wins or what? Cuz as you said Matt has put up numbers, records at that, before and after Shanny so what are you tryna argue? Cuz when Jimmy g does not win more than 6 games your entire argument will become void

I assume this is just message board trolls DOJ g what message board trolls do. 

To remotely suggest an elite QB is a bust is just someone looking for attention 

Ergo Proxy likes this

1 minute ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Man I wish that the Falcons still had Roddy in his prime.

He would've went after Ramsey and their twitter feud would've been epic.

I still have a feeling not being on the team would have no bearing if rodd heard this.. Someone go tweet this to em lol

1 hour ago, caponine said:

so what if he is, it doesn’t matter. He is good at football. None of us should be concerned about what he does in his free time. 

No sh*t I clearly said the same in my post. But if we shouldn’t be concerned about what he does in his free time, why do we care about what he said in this stupid interview?

I’m just saying he needs to come out of the closet already. Superstar football player comes out as gay, could be a big deal for the gay community. 

Edited by shock

16 minutes ago, TNFalcon1 said:

So you want to count his rookie year and the first few years of having a garbage packed roster? BTW he did pretty well under the circumstances during that time frame.

Aren't those part of his 10 year career. Matt Ryan enthusiasts love to pick what's best for them. I just look at his entire career. People forget that statistically Aaron Rodgers Oline has been FAR worse than Matt Ryan's. Just facts. But he's still an MVP candidate every year. Matt Ryan guys have to pick stats for this year, mesh them with a few more years and serve it up like we can't look up stats. Lol. 

1 minute ago, gazoo said:

I assume this is just message board trolls DOJ g what message board trolls do. 

To remotely suggest an elite QB is a bust is just someone looking for attention 

He’s a terrible troll too.  Every time he comes here he gets owned and proven to be a failure.

All he’s done so far is proven that MR at his best is an MVP caliber QB & at his worst is a great QB and one of the best draft picks in Falcons history.

I sort of feel sorry for Byrdpoop because at best he’s a liar and at worst he’s a loser whose only lot in life is to agitate message boarders, seek negative attention & reveal his deceitful agenda.

Epic fail just like the last few times he tried doing this.  I think he’s been stewing over his last beat down & now he’s cowering back for more.

Troll DENIED!

gazoo and Ergo Proxy like this

13 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

What qb is successful switching schemes every other year, of course it made sense to try and keep the same system on top of having a rookie oc coming in.. Matt went to the NFCcg before Shanny right? And RG3 is one example and still not a good one being his downfall was injury. Plus he still did not make RG3 from scratch. Yall act like Shanny had nothing to work with with Matt Ryan.. That's just dumb. So all we are basing this off of is sb wins or what? Cuz as you said Matt has put up numbers, records at that, before and after Shanny so what are you tryna argue? Cuz when Jimmy g does not win more than 6 games your entire argument will become void

How did he not make RG3 from scratch when he won ROY? Lol. Smh. Stop. But since you brought up Jimmy G, what's his record under Shanny right now? Lol. Shanny gets QBs PAID. 

58 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Answer my question...has Kyle ever had a GREAT season before 2016? 

A "great" season? Not sure how you quantify or qualify great. How do you, and then I can give you an accurate answer. 

29 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Are you seriously trying to argue that  Ryan is a mediocre QB who just had one great year?

And WCO is the perfect offense for Ryan, he should have been in it from year one.

Just now, Byrdman242424 said:

Aren't those part of his 10 year career. Matt Ryan enthusiasts love to pick what's best for them. I just look at his entire career. People forget that statistically Aaron Rodgers Oline has been FAR worse than Matt Ryan's. Just facts. But he's still an MVP candidate every year. Matt Ryan guys have to pick stats for this year, mesh them with a few more years and serve it up like we can't look up stats. Lol. 

You realize that, if you look stats for his entire career, Ryan comes out looking pretty good, right? 

And A Rodgers is one of the best that ever played the game, if you want to claim he's better than Ryan sure, doesn't change the fact that Ryan is a very good QB in his own right.

So, are ylou seriously trying to argue that Ryan is a mediocre QB with one great year?

2 minutes ago, Byrdman242424 said:

A "great" season? Not sure how you quantify or qualify great. How do you, and then I can give you an accurate answer. 

oh, lets say another one with an MVP QB.

Ergo Proxy likes this

4 hours ago, Byrdman242424 said:

Ok, the WR's dropped passes and Matt threw 3 interceptions in the Saints game alone. What's your point? What dude said was that Shanny's scheme made him an MVP and took us to a Super Bowl. Without that, he's been getting praise for......staying healthy? Have winning back to back seasons? Overrated. Don't see the lie.

Guess the four Pro Bowls, ROY award, and being on pace to be top 10 all time in just about every QB stat was all in my head. Weird. 

Interesting how every OC he's ever had is a head coach now, too.

athell, shock, HASHBROWN3 and 1 other like this

Just now, Byrdman242424 said:

That’s what we expected. Question was just too overwhelming for your small, troll brain.  

Qualify & quantify LOL.... in other words you have been OWNED.  

LOL what a lame answer.  You should just apologize for being a byrdbrain righ now.  Go ahead we’re waiting....

You just might be the single easiest troll this board has ever seen.  Your lies are such a farce that it requires you do do so much spinning that you’ve become dizzy.

Dizzybyrd is falling down again.  

Ergo Proxy likes this

8 minutes ago, Byrdman242424 said:

An offense he directed (as OC) that was top 10. There, you take wins out of it.

Shouldn't be that hard to reach if even "mediocre" Matt Ryan has multiple seasons qualifying.

Ergo Proxy likes this