stlouisfalcon

How short of leash will Sark have?

91 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, papachaz said:

man some of y'all care waaayyy too much about a mans private life. What he and his wife do on their own time behind closed doors is nobodies business....

:ninja:

I feel like this was taken right out of my notes. ^_^

papachaz likes this

Sark is going no where this year. Hopefully he will bounce back with all the help around him and such a talented offense. He's not going to be Kyle, but he doesn't have to be. If he fails this year, they may start looking then. 

As others have said, I think the Knapp hire is two fold. It is to help Sark, but also have an emergency plan. Quinn won’t sacrifice a SB run for Sark. He’s not like Mike smith.

Didn’t he keep Richard Smith on the staff the entire season even though he took over defensive play calling?  Maybe something similar will happen. 

28 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

As others have said, I think the Knapp hire is two fold. It is to help Sark, but also have an emergency plan. Quinn won’t sacrifice a SB run for Sark. He’s not like Mike smith.

LOL ...Further proof you don’t know what you don’t know. Knapp has never been an effective OC.

Quinn is all in with Sark. 

I hope we have a repeat of what happened with Kyle, Kyle pretty much sucked his first year here and then blew the lights off the second year.

We saw the same bumbling penalty crap in Kyle's first year. If Sark does not do good this year though it is time to switch while our offensive core is still in prime years.

28 minutes ago, Vandy said:

LOL ...Further proof you don’t know what you don’t know. Knapp has never been an effective OC.

Quinn is all in with Sark. 

We shall see...

I am not a Sark hater, I think we will be okay. I am merely saying if a Sark is abysmal Quinn won’t sacrifice a chance at a title for loyalty.

Sigh, another ignorant Sark thread. Who’d of thunk it. 

Here we are in preseason & the trolls have managed to come out from under their bridges.  

I think Sark should get one free punch at OP’s face.  Just for the entertainment of our TATF board members. 

papachaz, Ergo Proxy, Vandy and 2 others like this

26 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Sigh, another ignorant Sark thread. Who’d of thunk it. 

Here we are in preseason & the trolls have managed to come out from under their bridges.  

I think Sark should get one free punch at OP’s face.  Just for the entertainment of our TATF board members. 

LOL....I’d Pay good money to see that interaction, Hash. 

papachaz and HASHBROWN3 like this

50 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

We shall see...

I am not a Sark hater, I think we will be okay. I am merely saying if a Sark is abysmal Quinn won’t sacrifice a chance at a title for loyalty.

Define “abysmal”? 

17 hours ago, octoslash said:

Y'all must not get Quinn if you think he'd can Sark this year. 

Richard Smith disagrees.

1 minute ago, runshoot said:

Richard Smith disagrees.

My point...perhaps after the season, yeah, but Quinn won't fire him during it. 

I believe Smith was not let go until after his second full season.

6 minutes ago, octoslash said:

My point...perhaps after the season, yeah, but Quinn won't fire him during it. 

I believe Smith was not let go until after his second full season.

You are correct. No firing will occur.

For those saying Knapp is a poor OC, might want to look at the QBs he had as an OC- Jeff Garcia-went to the playoffs 2 out of 3 years with him.

Vick- not really Knapp's fault Vick wouldn't learn the offense. 

Then he had McKown, J Russell and an old C. Palmer.

Not saying Knapp is another Shanahan, just that he's been handicapped by his QBs much of the time.

I think the Knapp hire is like the Pioli hire, in the sense that lots of folks thought Pioli was here to take over for TD [which would have been a horrible idea], but Pioii was here to help TD. Same with Knapp/Sark, think Knapp is here to help Sark, not replace him.

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

Define “abysmal”? 

Why? My viewpoint on abysmal is irrelevant. It all depends on what Quinn thinks. 

I don’t feel Knapp was brought in for shts and giggles though.

Well it has as much to do with how we look as what the outcome of games is. This offense should be humming this year and if it is not something is wrong. 

To fire Sark in season, only to replace him with a guy who's been with the team less than a year and isn't overly impressive OC, I'd say things would have to be extremely bad because that is a total desperation move. 

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

Why? My viewpoint on abysmal is irrelevant. It all depends on what Quinn thinks. 

I don’t feel Knapp was brought in for shts and giggles though.

I agree it’s irrelevant.

FYI Knapp was out of work last year. He was brought in here to replace our departing QB coach, period. All teams have one. His track record as an OC has ranged from mediocre to ‘abysmal’. You guys thinking he was brought here for something more than QBC are silly. 

papachaz likes this

i read somewhere that this year's offense is going to incorporate elements of all 4 previous OCs since Matty became QB. I just think this is a really bad idea, because it kind of tells me that Sarkisian isnt capable of designing an original Offense on his own.

21 hours ago, stlouisfalcon said:

I think if his play calling has not shown improvement by week 3, he’s out especially if we go 0-3 or 1-2. If that happens, who will take his place?

Great question, I think we have already planned for it...Knappster will take over the worse things get.  Maybe just a series here or there, then maybe a quarter...half..game...next year Sark GONE.

21 hours ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

He should have done that after SB51 when the QB coach was LaFleur.

never understood why the Falcons didn't try and retain LaFleur if they wanted to keep Shanny's system - two years later and after Offensive minded HC Sean McVay hired him, LaFleur got an OC gig w/ Tennessee Titans.

If he was ready, Falcons should have made LaFleur the OC last year.

PokerSteve likes this