stlouisfalcon

How short of leash will Sark have?

91 posts in this topic

I think its tough to say we were really hot with Shanny to open up his 2nd season and then after 7 weeks found ourselves at 4-3 with Green Bay coming to town not knowing what to expect.  Butttttt if we start out 1-5 and there aren't any injuries, then I truly think some eyebrows will begin to turn.  I just hope we don't get to that point.

Very short ,if we struggle to score and look out of sync and penalty prone.Quinn should fire Sark and give the team to the QB coach.

The Falcons will live and die with Sark as OC for the entire season IMO, unless Sark steps down himself. Firing Sark and handing the reins over to Knapp is no great upgrade. Knapp is a very mediocre OC, and has been way more successful as a QB coach than he has as an OC. The combination of Sark as OC and Knapp as QBC is as good as it's going to get this year, and should be better than last year.

Edited by 4dabirds

1 hour ago, DoYouSeeWhatHappensLarry said:

He's got the full season, no questions asked. 

I can’t see that happening if we come out the door tripping over the threshold. I feel like that’s why Knapp’s here...too much at stake with this roster not to have the best chance to hoist a Lombardi. These kind of rosters don’t come around very often. Maybe he’s spends the balance of the season back at Bama if it’s a full season lol. I think Sark gets it done this year. But he better!!!!!!

Blank and co. don't have history of firing coaches during the season.  Sark will be here for the entirety of the season.  Knapp may be more and more involved if things are not going well, but I would highly doubt he is a mid season fire.

Ergo Proxy likes this

Tell the wr to catch the passes thrown to them and we'll be alright. Injury free oline helps also but thats asking a lot. Matt has the ability to check out of plays now i believe.  

Sark no one with experience with him last year was on his own. Should see improvement.  

Not as bad as you guys make it out to be its just easy to put blame on him because it wasnt as good as shanahan's second year.

Was ready to run kyle out year one as well, step back from the ledge 

Edited by red falcon

6 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Was ready to run kyle out year one as well, step back from the ledge 

This is going to be a great winning year.

I am confident.......The most, well....since last year, but......................

PokerSteve and papachaz like this

I think bringing in Knapp was two fold, one - to assist him in adjusting to the NFL & two - to take over play calling in the event he still looks lost.  However, I don't think he'll be fired, maybe just have play calling taken away.  Really hoping people like me are completely wrong & he looks like a genius this year.

GANDI likes this

He's just too predictable, I'm not even sure it was the right decision keeping Kyle's offense when he left. I know we didn't have many options, so maybe make the best of this situation until something better comes along 

4 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

I can’t see that happening if we come out the door tripping over the threshold. I feel like that’s why Knapp’s here...too much at stake with this roster not to have the best chance to hoist a Lombardi. These kind of rosters don’t come around very often. Maybe he’s spends the balance of the season back at Bama if it’s a full season lol. I think Sark gets it done this year. But he better!!!!!!

Thank you for the laughs lol 

6 hours ago, stlouisfalcon said:

I think if his play calling has not shown improvement by week 3, he’s out especially if we go 0-3 or 1-2. If that happens, who will take his place?

It's not the fault of oc that Matt Ryan Is too old to play the game.