Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Ochochino

80 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Like **** it was..barely a Rilvary 

Nah bruh...ALWAYS been a rivalry. Even as bottom dwellers in the NFC West with the Rams and 49ers. There is a genuine history and rivalry between these 2. It just never got the attention because of the records and game play history.

rounz, saints4life25 and Iron Saint like this

5 hours ago, Macknsweetjones said:

Doesn’t mean anything to me...things didn’t get serious until they got brees 

Are you serious? Oh, late blooming fan?! What about the rivalry between Vick and his first cousin, Aaron Brooks. We owned them during that time. Or how about the team swaps of players; Hebert, Tolliver, IronHead, Joe Horn later. and there are a few more...Morton Anderson.

Iron Saint, saints4life25 and rounz like this

27 minutes ago, The Peregrine said:

Are you serious? Oh, late blooming fan?! What about the rivalry between Vick and his first cousin, Aaron Brooks. We owned them during that time. Or how about the team swaps of players; Hebert, Tolliver, IronHead, Joe Horn later. and there are a few more...Morton Anderson.

Michael Haynes

The Peregrine and rounz like this

2 hours ago, Falcan Moore said:

Haven't seen it fail to get a rise out of a Saints fan yet. If Saints fans are over that, we're over 28-3. :rolleyes:

Think they're different situations. So much had to go wrong for 28-3 to happen and if you change any 1 of those things, Falcons win the Super Bowl. 

The Minnesota Miracle was a flukey play that happens every now and then in football. The Williams pictures don't bother me lol.

The Peregrine likes this

8 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Was that when they had Brooks at QB?

No. Aaron Brooks was QB for them in the early 2000s. The Falcons streak was 10 straight wins in the 90s. Falcons swept the Saints each year from 1995-1999. The Saints had a few QB's during that time. Jim Everett, Doug Nussmeier, Danny Wuerffel, Heath Shuler, Billy Joe Hobert, Billy Joe Tolliver, and Kerry Collins.

Talk about some awful QBs. The Saints were so bad that in 1999 the Falcons beat them in a game started by Tony Graziani.

Also, interesting note about Doug Nussmeier, the only two games he started in his career were in 96 and 97 against the Falcons. You might know his name better as being a OC/QB coach in the college ranks with such programs as Washington (Under Sark), Michigan, Alabama and Florida.

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

No. Aaron Brooks was QB for them in the early 2000s. The Falcons streak was 10 straight wins in the 90s. Falcons swept the Saints each year from 1995-1999. The Saints had a few QB's during that time. Jim Everett, Doug Nussmeier, Danny Wuerffel, Heath Shuler, Billy Joe Hobert, Billy Joe Tolliver, and Kerry Collins.

Talk about some awful QBs. The Saints were so bad that in 1999 the Falcons beat them in a game started by Tony Graziani.

Also, interesting note about Doug Nussmeier, the only two games he started in his career were in 96 and 97 against the Falcons. You might know his name better as being a OC/QB coach in the college ranks with such programs as Washington (Under Sark), Michigan, Alabama and Florida.

**** I remember Graziani. Played for the Force for awhile too

First game I ever went to was the BJT hail Mary to Haynes game in 92. I was 13 so it's a tad hazy. I think BJT had a broken thumb when he threw that pass.

Falconsfan567 likes this

1 minute ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

**** I remember Graziani. Played for the Force for awhile too

Yep. He played a long time in the AFL and put up some good numbers.

3 hours ago, The Peregrine said:

That Aaron brooks **** wasn’t serious how it is now 

The Peregrine likes this

18 hours ago, rounz said:

Oh, I see where the misunderstanding is.

I meant the teams' win-loss record for that particular season never mattered when we played them. Sometimes beating them was the only bright spot we could point to.

And it was even better if we could knock them out of the playoffs.

There have been years where we both sucked, and years where we were both good, and sometimes one team had the advantage over the other.

But it has always been a rivalry, IMO.

Yes it has. I remember as far back as Bartkowski from the early days against Archie Manning. It was a rivalry then. 

rounz likes this

1 hour ago, Macknsweetjones said:

That Aaron brooks **** wasn’t serious how it is now 

They played each other in the playoffs in 1991 but it didn't mean anything? :rolleyes: