Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Marlins at Braves

647 posts in this topic

Have I mentioned lately how bad Freddie is in his career with the bases loaded? For his career coming into today he's only a .292/.318/.375 (.693) hitter with bases loaded.

I guess I just got spoiled seeing Chipper and McCann crush it in those situations.

Chipper = .317/.366/.505 (.871) (6 Grand Slams)
McCann = .346/.378/.660 (1.038) (11 Grand Slams)

putnam6 likes this

19 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Who's this Sobotka guy, never heard of him until his 1st appearance?

Just wants to skip AAA and play well in the big league

37 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Who's this Sobotka guy, never heard of him until his 1st appearance?

He's not one of our top 30 so you probably never heard of him for that reason. He has a lively arm and throws hard but his issue is control. He walks a a lot of people. He had a 1.93 ERA at Mississippi but he walked 13 in 28 innings. Today he threw 2 scoreless but walked 3. He has the stuff to be dominate but he can't always control it.

Right, coming up in the minors, it seemed like he either had terrible control and/or was rehabbing from something whenever I saw him. But he's always thrown hard and could spin a slider. This year he seems to have put it all together. 

55 minutes ago, jidady said:

Up eight runs, he walks three guys.

I think he got gassed running the bases. Sutton is right, game like this take your three pitches and go get a drink of water.

jidady likes this

From what we've seen I believe Touki is looking pretty good for the rotation Opening Day 2019. Allard however is looking like he may need to start at AAA and work on some things. 

1 hour ago, K26dp said:

I think he got gassed running the bases. Sutton is right, game like this take your three pitches and go get a drink of water.

You know what, that's a really good point.  I noticed he was breathing out of his mouth a lot, which people do when they're winded.

It's just maddening to watch.

7 minutes ago, I Am The Truth said:

Looks like Snitker learned that he can let the star youngins play in a doubleheader without having to sit at least one of them.

Or maybe he was saving them for this run... :ninja:

Man, I hate I missed Touki's first start. Had to watch the highlights to see how the kid did.

He absolutely hooked the Marlins! The future looks very bright for our starting rotation!