Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Marlins at Braves

647 posts in this topic

Just now, TheTrue7 said:

Got him out on a good note.. Paid off.... put we get it.. you don’t like him

I'm just worried that the Braves have another game tonight to play and don't have an off day in sight. I'm trying to manage 5 games down the road. 10 games down the road. That's all. I was fine with a 4-1 lead because I have faith that Touki and the bullpen would have held it. But it paid off. Braves scored more runs. That was the goal and it worked. So he made the right call.

TheTrue7 likes this

11 minutes ago, K26dp said:

Honestly? His results have been better than the overall quality of his pitches. His control comes and goes, but he's been able to rally when he's needed to with a nasty pitch. The Marlins have been doing him some favors by being overly aggressive, though they've also gotten some off-the-end-of-the-bat bloopers too.

Still, results are results, but this hasn't really been Top Touki.

Thanks for the update, how has his fastball looked (speed, movement)? Is he throwing a ton or is he mixing offspeed?

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I'm just worried that the Braves have another game tonight to play and don't have an off day in sight. I'm trying to manage 5 games down the road. 10 games down the road. That's all. I was fine with a 4-1 lead because I have faith that Touki and the bullpen would have held it. But it paid off. Braves scored more runs. That was the goal and it worked. So he made the right call.

So let moylan finish it...:ninja:

Just now, TheTrue7 said:

So let moylan finish it...:ninja:

Moylan is still on the DL. But yeah. This is the kind of game I would use him in. I don't think he would blow an 8-1 lead.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

That it was going to drop. It looked like it was going to drop.

The ball was in front of him and there was just 1 out - he should have waited on the bag until he knew for sure. There was no one already on 1st to force him to move.

2 minutes ago, Dirty South Bird said:

We’ll need about 10 more runs to make that a safe move.

You’re thinking freeman.. 7 is good for peter 

8 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Thanks for the update, how has his fastball looked (speed, movement)? Is he throwing a ton or is he mixing offspeed?

It sat 93-95, but a couple 97s in there. Lots of arm-side run, was missing a lot that way. First time through the order was primarily fastball with a couple curves mixed in. Second time through mixing in the change to good effect. Third time through was the kitchen sink, fastball, curve, straight change, and split change. Never really had fastball command but it worked well against the off-speed.

Malachore likes this

8 minutes ago, Unkn0wn said:

Moving Acuna to leadoff is the smartest thing Snitker has ever done.

The way we should have known is that the people on this board rarely agree on anything. There was universal support for that decision.

It's crazy that this move happened after the All-Star Break yet Acuna already has three leadoff homers. Look out, Ricky Henderson!