TRUju2111

This reminds me of when I and many others freaked out in yr 2 shanny preseason

52 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, brewman said:

St From SportingCharts.com analysis of 10 years of preason vs regular season success.  

"When comparing the records, we found that there was no correlation between the performance of the pre-season to the regular season"

2017-08-30_16-22-47.jpg

Dan Patrick did a segment on who was the best preseason QB. I hinknit was Brady but starters don't count. I didn't hear who the best backup tonhavr numbers in preseason was but the NFL keeps those records somehwer.  

22 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

Im staying chill, I have seen this before, I and many others went off on Shanny in the preseason, then we had one of the best offenses of all time. 

So I am keeping it chill and so should all of you!

Wasn’t just Shanny people went off on. Start Schaub threads were lurking

Posted (edited)

Lets see, Falcons 2nd year with Kyle in Preseason resulted in 3 wins - 1 loss and scoring over 20 points a game after first 2 games.  

We all do realize that the Falcons had 0 points and didn't get a single first down until 10 seconds left in the 2nd quarter?

You guys keep trying to play it off like we were about to jump ship on Kyle's second year... Not quite.  The fact you guys are even thinking Sark can do what Kyle does and produce a Super Bowl team, is really something. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Atlanta_Falcons_season

Outside of not even getting first downs or a single point.... Outside of that.  Did anyone really like the play calling at any point of the game?  It looked **** near a BYU offense from the 90s

Edited by R_The_Great

5 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

Lets see, Falcons 2nd year with Kyle in Preseason resulted in 3 wins - 1 loss and scoring over 20 points a game after first 2 games.  

We all do realize that the Falcons had 0 points and didn't get a single first down until 10 seconds left in the 2nd quarter?

You guys keep trying to play it off like we were about to jump ship on Kyle's second year... Not quite.  The fact you guys are even thinking Sark can do what Kyle does and produce a Super Bowl team, is really something. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Atlanta_Falcons_season

I just said I am not going to feeak out in the preseason. Pump the brakes

14 minutes ago, TRUju2111 said:

I just said I am not going to feeak out in the preseason. Pump the brakes

I am kind of getting tired of everyone comparing Sark to Shanahan.  There is no comparison.  That's like saying Schaub should be as good as Matt Ryan because they have the same or more or less experience.  At some point, we have to be realistic and see that not every human can just have the same amount of experience and produce the same results.  Sark would be best at the high school level.  That's about as far as he should honestly be.

2 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

I am kind of getting tired of everyone comparing Sark to Shanahan.  There is no comparison.  That's like saying Schaub should be as good as Matt Ryan because they have the same or more or less experience.  At some point, we have to be realistic and see that not every human can just have the same amount of experience and produce the same results.  Sark would be best at the high school level.  That's about as far as he should honestly be.

You may be right, but Ryqn play one series that was halted by a penalty. No julio, no free, sky hasnt fell yet

gazoo likes this

I just think the idea we would put tape on our offense out is hilarious. We didn’t look great but complaining about preseason play calling is asinine.

I don’t think we’ll have as explosive of an offense because Sark seems to like isolation routes over concepts, but Ryan has excelled in that type of system before(see: 2012)

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

I am kind of getting tired of everyone comparing Sark to Shanahan.  There is no comparison.

It is returded that they think since Kyle was successful in year 2, that Sark must be successful as well.  Not to mention the fact that Kyle had been in the NFL calling plays for almost a decade prior to taking the Falcons job, whereas Sark had 0 years experience in the NFL calling plays before getting the job with the Falcons.  There is a big time difference between the two in NFL experience. 

Are these turds gonna think that since Kyle got a head coaching job after his 2nd year w/ the Falcons, will they also expect Sark to get a head coaching job in the NFL too?  Since Kyle did it?  Apparently whatever Kyle can do, Sark can do as well. 

Edited by dawgsjw

My problem wasn’t playcalling. I said this all of last season. They just don’t seem prepared to play. We were sloppy. We were sloppy all of last season. 

I think it’s Sark. 

15 hours ago, brewman said:

From SportingCharts.com analysis of 10 years of preason vs regular season success.  

"When comparing the records, we found that there was no correlation between the performance of the pre-season to the regular season"

2017-08-30_16-22-47.jpg

Well going by the data here 2 to 3 preseason wins tends to produce a decent or better regular season. We have 3 more chances to do that.

13 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

You may be right, but Ryqn play one series that was halted by a penalty. No julio, no free, sky hasnt fell yet

It shouldn't require Julio, Free and Ryan to get a first down. 

dfsutton likes this

Every year, every preseason, same thing. There should be a man-law written about this somehow:

law 246.3/b - “There shall not be any whining, complaining, trash talking or unnecessary over the top Monday morning from the couch coaching/fan criticism about any score or team record that incites a sky is falling mob like atmosphere allowed during pre-season.”

lol

TRUju2111 likes this

Posted (edited)

18 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

This is one of the worst, most idiotic things you’ve ever posted. And that’s saying something. Quinn and TD would not hire a guy who is only qualified for High School football. I get that Sark isn’t Shanahan. But come on man...

Edited by JD dirtybird21
Boise Falcon Fan likes this

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, dawgsjw said:

It is returded that they think since Kyle was successful in year 2, that Sark must be successful as well.  Not to mention the fact that Kyle had been in the NFL calling plays for almost a decade prior to taking the Falcons job, whereas Sark had 0 years experience in the NFL calling plays before getting the job with the Falcons.  There is a big time difference between the two in NFL experience. 

Are these turds gonna think that since Kyle got a head coaching job after his 2nd year w/ the Falcons, will they also expect Sark to get a head coaching job in the NFL too?  Since Kyle did it?  Apparently whatever Kyle can do, Sark can do as well. 

In year 2, Kyle had never even come close to the success he was about to have. Not close. His offenses were pretty solid in years prior. But Kyle honestly had a reputation of being a guy who always wore out his welcome and ended on bad terms with his old teams. He was widely viewed as a very average OC

And in the 2016 preseason, after the week 3 dolphins game, the message board was DEFINITELY writing him off. Everyone made up their mind that Shanahan had destroyed Ryan’s career and the falcons were going to fail. 

I’m not saying Sark will replicate 2016. But let’s give him a chance. Shanahan is proof that patience is a virtue. And I don’t want to hear that he had 10 years NFL experience and Sark doesn’t. Give me a season that Shanahan had prior to 2016 that could be considered “excellent”. It isn’t there.

Edited by JD dirtybird21
TRUju2111 likes this

19 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

Apparently you know more than DQ and Nick Saban.  You should probably be a head coach and not on a message board.  I'm certain if they believe Sark knows football than he does.  Calm down please 

JD dirtybird21 and RookieBird like this

No ones freaking out about our starters I don't think.. The problem I saw in the game Friday was the lack of talent from the camp bodies we have.. Imo not much to be excited about and the coaching staff didn't set them up to even be competitive imo.. That's my issue 

Sark lets me see crystal clear how great of an offensive mind Shanny is. It is just true through we shouldn't be comparing OC. Dang Shanny had to be so arrogant and cause us the SB?

1 hour ago, GANDI said:

Apparently you know more than DQ and Nick Saban.  You should probably be a head coach and not on a message board.  I'm certain if they believe Sark knows football than he does.  Calm down please 

To say that Dan Quinn and Nick Saban are right about every single decision and every thing is not true as well.  Sark was only with Alabama for 1 game.  I think he was an offensive assistant for Alabama for a week.  How does Dan Quinn want to defend the offense we had this past game?  What is he going to say?  It was one of the worst offensive outings I have ever seen from the Falcons and thats including 2007.  Yes its preseason, but preseason is where you should at least be able to run something.  

Here is the main issue.  There is the offensive playbook and then there is the plays that players are asking to run.  I keep hearing about how Sark is getting to know this guy and that guy better, what they like to do better.  So if Sark revolved his whole offense around what the players want, then he has to cater to every single player at  the same time. A playbook is there so the whole team can execute the play, even if they like what they do on the play or not, at least they are on the same page. 

11 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

To say that Dan Quinn and Nick Saban are right about every single decision and every thing is not true as well.  Sark was only with Alabama for 1 game.  I think he was an offensive assistant for Alabama for a week.  How does Dan Quinn want to defend the offense we had this past game?  What is he going to say?  It was one of the worst offensive outings I have ever seen from the Falcons and thats including 2007.  Yes its preseason, but preseason is where you should at least be able to run something.  

Here is the main issue.  There is the offensive playbook and then there is the plays that players are asking to run.  I keep hearing about how Sark is getting to know this guy and that guy better, what they like to do better.  So if Sark revolved his whole offense around what the players want, then he has to cater to every single player at  the same time. A playbook is there so the whole team can execute the play, even if they like what they do on the play or not, at least they are on the same page. 

I didn't say that they got everything correct but I'm willing to give "proven coaches" the benefit of the doubt before I throw in the towel. Yes the offense was bad but we never know what the coaches are actually looking for. My only hope is Sark was trying new looks and actually testing some plays or concepts that ultimately didn't work and need refinement.  I'm just saying we don't know what we don't know and hopefully things improve which is what we all want. As a plan B if Sark is a complete idiot or continues to struggle I'm glad Greg Knapp is here to assit with the game planning.  Yes Knapp is not world renowned but he brings the experience to the team that Sark lacks.  Either way I do agree that Sark will not be forgiven if his offense doesn't improve in the regular season from last year. 

1 hour ago, R_The_Great said:

To say that Dan Quinn and Nick Saban are right about every single decision and every thing is not true as well.  Sark was only with Alabama for 1 game.  I think he was an offensive assistant for Alabama for a week.  How does Dan Quinn want to defend the offense we had this past game?  What is he going to say?  It was one of the worst offensive outings I have ever seen from the Falcons and thats including 2007.  Yes it’s preseason....

Stopped you right there, and thought you might want to ponder that last ‘thought’.

I may be wrong, but.....Me thinks Dan and Nick may know a little more than TAFT’s resident blowhard does.

JD dirtybird21 likes this

37 minutes ago, GANDI said:

I didn't say that they got everything correct but I'm willing to give "proven coaches" the benefit of the doubt before I throw in the towel. Yes the offense was bad but we never know what the coaches are actually looking for. My only hope is Sark was trying new looks and actually testing some plays or concepts that ultimately didn't work and need refinement.  I'm just saying we don't know what we don't know and hopefully things improve which is what we all want. As a plan B if Sark is a complete idiot or continues to struggle I'm glad Greg Knapp is here to assit with the game planning.  Yes Knapp is not world renowned but he brings the experience to the team that Sark lacks.  Either way I do agree that Sark will not be forgiven if his offense doesn't improve in the regular season from last year. 

I am perfectly fine with what you think about Sark.  My issue is that there are huge egos that tend to not accept or admit they were wrong in the Falcons front office.  They tend to try to stay with certain things that are holding the team back.  I feel Dan Quinn has got his scheme and players he wants on defense.  His defensive mind is among the best in the world.  Offensively, he needs someone to control and lead that offense.  There is no problem with that.  In 2015 and 2016, Kyle was able to build up the offense he wanted and it was the best in the NFL.  Sark on the other hand, I don't think he has the NFL caliber style to hang with the NFL defenses.  I think he is too worried about countering the defense rather than running something that works.