jlrfalcon

Poll - Who Do You Blame Friday's Preseason Loss On?

Poll - Who Do You Blame Friday's Preseason Loss On?   83 members have voted

1. 1. Poll - Who Do You Blame Friday's Preseason Loss On?

• Dan Quinn - Not Having His Players Ready
    • Steve Sarkisian - His Offense Will Never Work
    • Matt Schaub - The Guy is Past His Time
    • Duke Riley - Give Up on Him Before Disaster
    • Ito Smith - He is Not Going to Replace Teco
    • Keith Armstrong - Special Teams Looked Pitiful
    • Jets - They May Be the Surprise of the AFC
    • Referees - Too Many Unfavorable Spots/Penalties
    • Other - Please Specify

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

137 posts in this topic

Nothing wrong.  Nothing here to fix.  33 rookies playing.  Our coaching staff isn't losing sleep.  Our players aren't bummed out. 

Keep in mind, that unlike baseball, there's no, "farm system," in the NFL.  Quinn is a talent developer.  In order for him to do the job the way that he wants to, he has to get as many looks as possible at those young guys.

Quinn can look at the tape from college, but his only real opportunity to evaluate if the players are picking up on his teaching is in these four pre-season games.  This was a chance to evaluate young players.  A bunch of those young players made some standout plays.  Some of them might have gotten lost in the moment.  Some are simply not any good, and will wash out.  It's a good thing that we have four of these things to evaluate guys.  A large number of people want to cut the preseason down to two games.  With Quinn as our coach, that would not be in our best interests.

Ergo Proxy likes this

I blame the fact that it's a darling league. You think we would make Sam Darnold look bad on his first outing as a jet at home? The team looked like the coaching staff told them "go easy on these guys jets fans have been suicidal last couple of seasons" I know Falcons football and it looked like they shelved the "all gas no brakes" for this game so good old Sammy Darnold can look good. The only one that didn't listen was Damontae Kazee he said **** that and tried to kill people. I wouldn't be surprised he gets a hidden fine from the league for not following directions.

Edited by nolove4thecrook
Forgot a period on this epic comment

51 minutes ago, athell said:

We have a poll on who to blame the week 1 preseason game loss on?  lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

That does get funnier to me the more I think about it.

rogueleadersf and athell like this

Man I'm not gonna lie. This game meant nothing to me. Now if they play like that in regular season....I will be on the Sark gotta go train. But he has to be given a few regular season games under his belt before I go there. I'm sure no one in the organization gives a rats *** what I think or anyone else for that matter.

1 hour ago, Peyton said:

Dan Quinn has no interest in winnin preseason games, I would think we would have figured that out by now.

agree with this entirely  but just 1 observation

no one scored in the 2nd half it was 0--0    subs played even

all 17 points were scored in 1st half 

ie Jets #2s outplayed Falcons #2 ( generalization but to the point)

Wins and losses don't matter in preseason, everybody knows this.What does matter is how your players play,how they handle themselves on the field ,how they carry themselves .We looked sloppy, confused and unmotivated last night.Can this be corrected? I certainly hope so.

Flying Falcon likes this

Preseason Preseason Preseason!!! The Falcons have only a few spots open and they are evaluating some young talent.

Did the 1st Offense played a whole Quarter? No, it didn’t...

This is a meaningless game and stats don’t mean jack for the regular season.

4 hours ago, papachaz said:

not everyone seems to agree with that. also, not everyone agrees that the main thing is to determine 'what's wrong' and fix it, as I'd about bet the farm that Quinn got some great evaluation ops on tape too. If that was his goal going in, would seem to be he's on the path to accomplish his goal for the long term 

Hope he spent some time evaluating his OC which scored ZERO points.

1 hour ago, delaigle said:

agree with this entirely  but just 1 observation

no one scored in the 2nd half it was 0--0    subs played even

all 17 points were scored in 1st half 

ie Jets #2s outplayed Falcons #2 ( generalization but to the point)

you do realize they left their #1s in when we put in our #2s, after the first drive... for the first quarter and into the 2nd, right?