jlrfalcon

Poll - Who Do You Blame Friday's Preseason Loss On?

Poll - Who Do You Blame Friday's Preseason Loss On?   83 members have voted

1. 1. Poll - Who Do You Blame Friday's Preseason Loss On?

• Dan Quinn - Not Having His Players Ready
    • Steve Sarkisian - His Offense Will Never Work
    • Matt Schaub - The Guy is Past His Time
    • Duke Riley - Give Up on Him Before Disaster
    • Ito Smith - He is Not Going to Replace Teco
    • Keith Armstrong - Special Teams Looked Pitiful
    • Jets - They May Be the Surprise of the AFC
    • Referees - Too Many Unfavorable Spots/Penalties
    • Other - Please Specify

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

137 posts in this topic

Everyone seems to agree that the preseason loss to the Jets was not a good showing and may have been meaningless in the long term but the thing to determine is what was wrong and fix it.

not everyone seems to agree with that. also, not everyone agrees that the main thing is to determine 'what's wrong' and fix it, as I'd about bet the farm that Quinn got some great evaluation ops on tape too. If that was his goal going in, would seem to be he's on the path to accomplish his goal for the long term 

rugger8 likes this

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

I blame this huge devastating loss squarely on the OP.

yeah, I mean he's not intense enough for it to carry over to the locker room. he needs to RISE UP and get his game on! we all know the players on the team are in the locker room feeding off the intensity or lack there of on the boards....

'man, that jlrfalcon guy, I just ain't feeling any intensity from him. How can we feed off that?'

1 minute ago, papachaz said:

yeah, I mean he's not intense enough for it to carry over to the locker room. he needs to RISE UP and get his game on! we all know the players on the team are in the locker room feeding off the intensity or lack there of on the boards....

'man, that jlrfalcon guy, I just ain't feeling any intensity from him. How can we feed off that?'

He and @mqg96 need to get their posting intensity **** together fast. :ninja:

Flying Falcon and papachaz like this

Just now, Vandy said:

He and @mqg96 need to get their posting intensity **** together fast. :ninja:

I know, we may be forced to suffer through another preseason game or three just like last night if they don't RISE UP:rant::sadwave:B)

Vandy likes this

Honestly I think it's a combination of the referees and Steve Sarkisian. The officiating was atrocious throughout the whole game, but this new helmet rule is going to cause a lot of problems throughout the 2018 season and it's already causing problems with the way our players have to tackle, and you have to blame Steve Sarkisian because after how bad the offense collapsed last year, and this is the performance you come out with? I don't care if it's 1st, 2nd, or 3rd string, you didn't have a SINGLE first down until 10 seconds left before halftime, and you didn't score any points at all. Your creativity on offense is still anemic and hasn't changed one bit. It's only the preseason, but I have the right to have my biggest worries coming into 2018 for the Falcons. 

Edited by mqg96

1 minute ago, mqg96 said:

Honestly I think it's a combination of the referees and Steve Sarkisian. This new helmet rule is going to cause a lot of problems throughout the 2018 season and it's already causing problems with the way our players have to tackle, and you have to blame Steve Sarkisian because after how bad the offense collapsed last year, and this is the performance you come out with? I don't care if it's 1st, 2nd, or 3rd string, you didn't have a SINGLE first down until 10 seconds left before halftime, and you didn't score any points at all. Your creativity on offense is still anemic and hasn't changed one bit. It's only the preseason, but I have the right to have my biggest worries coming into 2018 for the Falcons. 

you gonna be ok buddy? need some playdough, a soft blanket and a puppy dog? should we start a gofundme to get those things for ya?

26 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

The Jets having the 3rd overall pick (could have been #1) as their backup while we have a camp body.

I don't agree with this at all, our rookie played just as well as he did.  QB play was not the problem.  What I was saw was the Jets running REAL plays, crossing routes... what we were doing was dink and dunk and running into a brick wall... so basically a combination of play calling and no blocking was the difference.  

rogueleadersf likes this