Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

QB Roulette

7 posts in this topic

Just watching a few preseason games so far and thing that jumped out to me was the amount of QB turnover we saw this past offseason. I kept finding myself saying "oh wow, I didn't know he was now with this team." I just don't ever remember this many QB's changing teams in a single offseason. Yeah, usually about half the league has a new #2 from year to year, but this year it just seems like nearly every team has a new #2 and #3 guy and that at least a quarter of the teams have a new #1. Check it out.

1. Sam Bradford - Vikings to Cardinals
  2. Matt Barkley - Cardinals to Bengals
  3. Tyler Bray - Chiefs to Bears
  4. Teddy Bridgewater - Vikings to Jets
  5. Joe Callahan - Packers to Eagles
  6. Matt Cassel - Titans to Lions
  7. Kirk Cousins - Redskins to Vikings
  8. Chase Daniel - Saints to Bears
  9. Blaine Gabbert - Cardinals to Titans
  10. Mike Glennon - Bears to Cardinals
  11. Robert Griffin III - Browns to Ravens
  12. Taylor Heinicke - Texans to Panthers
  13. Chad Henne - Jaguars to Chiefs
  14. Kevin Hogan - Browns to Redskins
  15. Case Keenum - Vikings to Broncos
  16. Cody Kessler - Browns to Jaguars
  17. DeShone Kizer - Browns to Packers
  18. A.J. McCarron - Bengals to Bills
  19. Brock Osweiler - Broncos to Dolphins
  20. Bryce Petty - Jets to Dolphins
  21. Tom Savage - Texans to Saints
  22. Trevor Siemian - Broncos to Vikings
  23. Alex Smith - Chiefs to Redskins
  24. Geno Smith - Giants to Chargers
  25. Drew Stanton - Cardinals to Browns
  26. Tyrod Taylor - Bills to Browns
  27. Joe Webb - Bills to Texans

Is there a backup QB that has made the amount of money Chase Daniel has to do absolutely nothing? In 8 years Daniel has thrown only 78 regular season passes but he's gotten paid mega bucks by both the Chiefs and Eagles. Must be nice!!

The one closest to Chase Daniel might be Charlie Whitehurst. 10 years in the league and started less than ten times. So made a lot of money and taken very little punishment. 

8 hours ago, BlazerSlayer said:

The one closest to Chase Daniel might be Charlie Whitehurst. 10 years in the league and started less than ten times. So made a lot of money and taken very little punishment. 

Yeah but I don't remember Charlie Whitehurst ever getting paid starter money. Chase Daniel has twice gotten paid starter money to do nothing.

nolove4thecrook likes this

Daniel has approx $24m career earnings, Whitehurst has $17.5m. Either way, great work if you can get it. Back QB might be the best job in the NFL- little criticism and high salary.

5 hours ago, BlazerSlayer said:

Daniel has approx $24m career earnings, Whitehurst has $17.5m. Either way, great work if you can get it. Back QB might be the best job in the NFL- little criticism and high salary.

I'm surprised it's that much for Whitehurst.

3 minutes ago, papachaz said:

I can honestly say there are a few on that list I've never heard of at all.....

Well the only one that didn't play in at least 1 game last year was Tyler Bray, but he was on the Cardinals active roster (inactive) for most of the season so I included him on the list. The rest all played in at least 1 game last year and are now in camp with a different team this year. The craziest thing is you see a team like the Cardinals and Vikings that have a completely new group of QBs.

papachaz likes this