FalconPio

Deon Jones has to play his own position and dukes simultaneously

60 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Crawford has the heart, he just dosnt have the physical ability to play in the NFL 

Oh no. He's got like 150yds rushing tonight. Unfortunately it's ALL lateral yardage. That dude looks horrible. What scares me is how much hype he got in camp... Makes ya wonder...the whole offense got hype in camp and we'll...on to week 2 of preseason.

Edited by GET-ME-A-DB-TD
⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

The thing about Riley is that I don't see him making blatantly awful plays but I also don't see him making any good plays either.  It's too early to call him a bust but if I had to bet money on it I'd guess he's not gonna be the playmaker we were looking for.  He just never seems to be around the ball, it's like he's hiding out there.  

Edited by Road Warrior

Just now, Road Warrior said:

The thing about Riley is that I don't see him making blatantly awful plays but I also don't see him making any good plays either.  It's too early to call him a bust but if I had to bet money on it I'd guess he's not gonna be the playmaker we were looking for.  He just never seems to be around the ball, it's like he's hiding out there.  

The first TD was blatantly awful.

Just now, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

Textbook play on how not to play zone and looked slow.

He's always looked slow to me, by now he should've at least made one play I can remember.  

45 minutes ago, YoungHeezy said:

Y’all need to relax 

A-A-RON!!!!  nice to see you hangin out on our boards dude. Seen any good buzz saws lately?? :ninja::ninja::lol::lol:

25 minutes ago, dawgsjw said:

I only watched most of the 1st and 2nd quarter, but Riley was missing quite a few tackles that I saw. 

that's the great thing about having great speed, he can miss the tackles faster :ninja::ninja:

red falcon and Shnikies like this

54 minutes ago, dawgsjw said:

I only watched most of the 1st and 2nd quarter, but Riley was missing *quite a few tackles* that I saw. 

*all the tackles*
Duke is not the one. He flat out sucks.

2 hours ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

So.... what youre trying to say is duke still sucks. LoL 

Duke is sometimey but he needs to step up his game seriously

Duke was playing MLB. Not WLB where he’s been. So what you all was seeing tonight was Quinn being able to try Riley at a other position while observing Foye at WILL, which they BOTH play. So relax a little bit. He was playing another position tonight. He STARTED the game at WLB and the starting defense got a 3 and out. The rest of the game was observation. 

17 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Duke was playing MLB. Not WLB where he’s been. So what you all was seeing tonight was Quinn being able to try Riley at a other position while observing Foye at WILL, which they BOTH play. So relax a little bit. He was playing another position tonight. He STARTED the game at WLB and the starting defense got a 3 and out. The rest of the game was observation. 

Come on man. He had no impact on that 3 and out. No matter what position, he's slow to diagnose plays, misses tackles and can almost never shed a block if an Olineman touches him. Dude just isn't physical at all. 

I saw shades of Decoud in him out there in some plays when he looked either completely lost or like he was actively avoiding contact.

Good news is that if the entire fanbase can see it, so can Q. We'll need someone to take his position because it truly is like playing 10 vs 11 when he's on the field. 

11 minutes ago, stizz said:

Come on man. He had no impact on that 3 and out. No matter what position, he's slow to diagnose plays, misses tackles and can almost never shed a block if an Olineman touches him. Dude just isn't physical at all. 

I saw shades of Decoud in him out there in some plays when he looked either completely lost or like he was actively avoiding contact.

Good news is that if the entire fanbase can see it, so can Q. We'll need someone to take his position because it truly is like playing 10 vs 11 when he's on the field. 

I think the DeCoud comp is a pretty good one. 

23 minutes ago, stizz said:

Not the point. The point is he was playing HIS position on the 1st series and none of you noticed anything out of wack with the defense. Not MLB. Hence he did his job. And ALL 11 players impact a single play by simply doing their job correctly. And individual play made is different. If you make a solo tackle you impacted the Play Bu getting the guy down. But all 11 impact a play by doing their responsibility. Like if the WLB turns the lb back into Debo. Or Reed setting the edge and turning the Play back inside. Or Allen freezing the qb on a deep seam route so he dumps it off instead. That’s what I’m talking about. Watching him play another position is not an indication of how he will play. I wanna see him at his natural position THEN I can give a real opinion of what he looks like. You have a funny way of looking at an 11 man defense like one player impacts everything. It takes 11 moving parts for anybody to make an impact. 

Macknsweetjones likes this

2 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Not the point. The point is he was playing HIS position on the 1st series. Not MLB. And ALL 11 players impact a single play by simply doing their job correctly. And individual play made is different. If you make a solo tackle you impacted the Play Bu getting the guy down. But all 11 impact a play by doing their responsibility. Like if the WLB turns the lb back into Debo. Or Reed setting the edge and turning the Play back inside. Or Allen freezing the qb on a deep seam route so he dumps it off instead. That’s what I’m talking about. Watching him play another position is not an indication of how he will play. I wanna see him at his natural position THEN I can give a real opinion of what he looks like. 

You're doing mental gymnastics justifying his play. Whiffing on tackles and not being able to shed blocks are the same traits he had last year.

He won't be starting this year and I'm happy he showed that in the first preseason game so Quinn can make the decision quicker. Completely baffling they never brought in more competition to challenge his position for two years in a row. 

Shnikies likes this