Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JG2008

This new personal foul penalty for lowering the helmet is going to further ruin the NFL game experience

25 posts in this topic

This new personal foul penalty for lowering the helmet is going to further ruin the NFL game experience 

As I understand it the rule applies to every player including but not limited to: running backs running with the ball

The Falcons have already been called for two 15yd penalties for this so far in this preseason game. 

The new personal foul 15 yard penalty rule about running backs as well as other players can't lower their head on contact is ridiculous. That's the way most running backs run you lower your helmet and shoulder and blast through contact—and unfortunately for the Falcons we have a monster contract to Devonta Freeman who uses that style of running so get used to the Falcons being called for this 15 yd penalty about 3 to 4 times a game

One Ito play was illegal, crown of the helmet hit the other guy, sorry can't do that. Two it wont ruin the game, there will be about 2-4 key plays everyone will say is a bad call and even more good calls that get criticized.The refs will get most of it right and this is preseason anyways, refs need practice to.

caponine likes this

The rule is dumb. Crowell clearly lowered his head in the 1st quarter and missed the initial contact, but got the second guy in. No call. Skrine does the same thing on kick off and gets called. The refs are calling how a play feels, not the actual rule. It’s pants on head stupid. 

Falconcheff likes this

42 minutes ago, caponine said:

Why tf would you lead with your helmet, when they already said not to do that? 

With that same logic, why does any player in the NFL get flagged, when they clearly tell them what they can and can't do?

Give it another 20 years and professional football will be all flag with no contact allowed just like pee-wee.

Give it another 40 years and we will all be watching robotics droids or virtual images play each other.

Give it another 100 years and football will be thought of like we look at cricket or jousting today.

18 hours ago, dawgsjw said:

With that same logic, why does any player in the NFL get flagged, when they clearly tell them what they can and can't do?

when you lower your head when u know it will get a penalty and you still do it. Pass Interference, Holding, Offside, False Starts  etc are mistakes that happen its common. Every team are going to. get those flag calls but when your purposely lower your head like Ito did and the other guy when they clearly said dont do that. Then some of our players need to learn comprehension

On 8/10/2018 at 9:01 PM, RING OF HONOR said:

I just finished lowering my head....no flag thrown

:ninja:

I'm not going to touch this although I really want to. Haha

And did anyine notice, it seemed like every time a Jets player lowered his head, he ended up in the tent. Hmmm

For those of you that said , this is a stupid rule and lowering your head is a part of football then you need rethink your position. How hard is it too keep your head up ? I mean really , a kid in TN was just paralyzed from the neck down on a routine practice day during scrimmage. He lowered his head they said, point is you dont have to lower your head

I partly agree with the original post but the world has changed from the good old days and if football is going to survive as we know it, it needs to change.  It's not necessarily completely correct, but unfortunately, perception is reality and when parents stop letting their kids play the sport, football's future is in danger.

30 minutes ago, caponine said:

For those of you that said , this is a stupid rule and lowering your head is a part of football then you need rethink your position. How hard is it too keep your head up ? I mean really , a kid in TN was just paralyzed from the neck down on a routine practice day during scrimmage. He lowered his head they said, point is you dont have to lower your head

Facemask into the runner/tackler.