PK Manley

*****OFFICIAL Falcons vs Jets Preseason Game Thread*****

1,033 posts in this topic

Just now, Jesus said:

They never do in preseason, especially game one. Even the Jets aren't doing that.

Jets are airing that thang out, what you mean...they ain't throwing bombs but Teddy and Darnold have tossed some great medium routes

Just now, fuego said:

Like I said in a previous post, they were just calling the timeouts so they could get the ball back and get a first down. That proved it. 

I wish like **** you were not correct, but you are.

Just now, falconfansince66 said:

Markakis up for the extra point! 

Darn right!!!! Look I want to see the Falcons win every game okay but as long as we have Steve sarkisian I will team is going to underperform preseason or season at least we have the Braves to make us happy but we don't know if the Falcons are going to prove us wrong I hope they do

Just now, Wjcorner said:

Jets are airing that thang out, what you mean...they ain't throwing bombs but Teddy and Darnold have tossed some great medium routes

The Falcons are playing a zone giving up the middle of the field to every crossing pattern. Of course take advantage.

Just now, RiseUpcollegepark said:

Of course you want to see your team perform well. 1) This is a evaluation game 2) Our starters are not playing. The biggest thing I would like to see out of this preseason is that we come out INJURY FREE. Would you be happy if Freeman ran for 30 yds & got two 1st down & 1 TD then sprain his ACL diving for a 1st down on 4th & 1? RELAXXXXX

What are evaluating??? Theres no production at all barring few players.  

Penalties, no pass rush, pathetic play calling, worst back up QB, cant get 1 yard?

Soft to the core....what are we evaluating?

Flying Falcon likes this

4 minutes ago, stizz said:

Schaub is a perfectly capable backup and yall talking about bringing in Kap. SMH.

Lol I was playing

5 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Take a knee are you serious? Where's the hail Mary?

I don't think Schaub has been able to throw a ball beyond 25 yards since about 2011.

fuego likes this

1 minute ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Ugh.

This reminds me too much of the 2nd half of the Dolphins & Bills game & 1st half of the Pats game.

Yeah it’s preseason but we saw this type of thing during the season last year.... 3 times.

Apples and oranges. Don’t be fooled by appearances. Majority of half played by young players and new players. No game plans. Individual player experience and first opportunity to make a name for themselves.

Its a fundamental misunderstanding to expect unit evaluation to be extrapolated from this game film.

Kindve like the young players somehow leaving wide open assignments on D in a simple scheme but can’t really blame skill position players so far due to how poorly we’ve played along the LOS; especially our OL.

30 rookies. First ever game. But let’s evaluate Sark??? Real answers come from real places not reaches that indicate lack of understanding.

3 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

Penalties, no pass rush, pathetic play calling, worst back up QB, cant get 1 yard?

How crazy our fans are! Lol

2 minutes ago, mattyicefalcon said:

I understand your frustration. Believe me. I do. But this is the 1st preseason game. RELAXXX

I say we put the first team back in and make them play the entire second half.

You know...get a couple first downs and maybe a field goal.

A STATEMENT GAME!  STICK IT TO THE BIG APPLE!

:tiphat:

I understand the importance of remaining rational when it comes to preseason, but if you dont find that 1st half to be problematic, you're just as bad as the doom and gloomer --- only on the opposite side of the spectrum.

fuego likes this

1 minute ago, k-train said:

I don't think Schaub has been able to throw a ball beyond 25 yards since about 2011.

Yes he has.  I was on the same golf course as him a couple years ago.  He missed a 2-foot putt and chucked that ball into the lake, at least 30 yards. 

k-train likes this