gazoo

Official Preseason Overreaction Thread- Where the sky is always falling

118 posts in this topic

Just now, takeitdown said:

I don't take preseason that seriously, but obviously 0 first downs in the first half isn't what anyone is aiming for.

Our OL doesn't look strong, and passing game isn't getting spacing.

We had one drive with Matt and Coleman, two drives with the starting o-line, and no drives with Julio or Freeman. This isn't the starters.

Falconsfan567 and gazoo like this

2 minutes ago, fuego said:

I don't care if it is preseason. You should at least show up for the game. This is pathetic. 

You know it IS preseason for the Jets too. And they showed up. 

Should we trade Ryan? :lol:

JD dirtybird21 likes this

11 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Right now the jets unproven players seem to be kicking our unproven players ***** lol

Now this I agree with. But the Jets have a lot more to play for in preseason. We do not. Our roster is set and we are going for a championship. It’s way more important that our starters don’t play and our coordinators keep or gameplans more discrete. While for the Jets, they actually need to experiment and search for chemistry amongst their young players 

Edited by JD dirtybird21
gazoo likes this

Just now, gazoo said:

Should we trade Ryan? :lol:

I've never said anything about trading Ryan in a post ever. So not sure what you are talking about. My post was pretty reasonable. 

We can go tit for tat if you want. I can dig up your posts from last season every week talking about how just wait, Sark is gonna take the wraps off the O and THEN we'll see and it never happened. You received a lot of ridicule from many posters for that as the season went on.  You kept waiting for your 'I told you so' moment and it never came. 

I’m laughing at some of the comments on the boards.  Preseason = don’t get hurt for anyone going to make the team.  No one even wants to play 4 preseason games.  If I was a nfl owner, I would fine my HC 100k for every preseason game won.  You are almost guaranteed to not see anything in the regular season that you see in the preseason.  At least from a good team.

blkbigdog35 likes this

7 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Bwahahaha!!!! They in rare form....I been egging em on....Im bored...dont judge me...lol

Man it’s ridiculous in that thread.  It’s freaking preseason lol!

RING OF HONOR likes this

We looked terrible.  Oh well, means nothing in respect to regular season.

I’m too excited knowing we will be one of, if not the, best team in the NFL in regular and post season to worry about mostly backups not looking good in preseason!

Falconsfan567 likes this

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

It happens every season. Preseason is by far my least favorite part of the year 

I’m literally going to stop visiting the board when these preseason games are on.  Some of these dudes are in straight panic mode lol.

gazoo likes this

Year in, year out, we look like crap during the preseason. I wouldn't be surprised if at the end of preseason we are 0-4. Not sure why anyone worries about it.

I do wonder why we keep Matt Schaub around, though. I'd like to see that position upgraded. Can't say I hold much confidence in him leading us to wins if MR2 ever misses a few games.

18 minutes ago, athell said:

Lmao the game day thread...yiiiiikes

Like dude. No Julio, Free, Ridley in one drive and wasn't targeted but once. Scrubs been playing since the 2nd quarter. Wake me up if we look this bad in week 1 otherwise these folks need to chill.

Senat, Okulun, Kazee and Saubert look good tho.

Edited by BoomGoesTheDynamite
gazoo and athell like this

I hate preseason. I'm ready to see what we are really going to do.....not this we rope a dope you and kick your teeth in during regular season. We usually look very bad in preseason and play way better when it means something. I believe we will be ready game one.