gazoo

Official Preseason Overreaction Thread- Where the sky is always falling

118 posts in this topic

Each year, fans grossly overreact to struggles certain areas of our team incur in preseason. These overreactions are often tied to DEFCON 1 level anxiety and incomprehensible demoralization among some in the fanbase thinking our season is going to stink.

In the preseason of 2016, our starting offense went 3 and out twice against the Dolphins starting defense and this place went insane with doom and gloom, suggesting we benching Matt Ryan because he was in decline and replacing him in regular season with  Schaub.

We ended up having the 7th highest scoring offense in the history of the NFL and went to the Super Bowl.

Please understand, we do not game plan for these preseason games, nor do we want to show our first regular season opponent, the Eagles, any of our hand. If the starting units have some struggles, it’s to be expected, not catastrophied.

But if you must panic, this is the thread. 

7:41pm: First tackle for loss of a running back. Total melt down ensues with 33 new threads. Fire Sark! :argh:

Folks need to learn to enjoy preseason for what it is. Finding the Brian Poole type players and looking at what the backups are like with the hope they barely ever have to see the field. My intensity in these games are set around not having any injuries. 

Tim Mazetti likes this

1 minute ago, mjqvi said:

7:41pm: First tackle for loss of a running back. Total melt down ensues with 33 new threads. Fire Sark! :argh:

Folks need to learn to enjoy preseason for what it is. Finding the Brian Poole type players and looking at what the backups are like with the hope they barely ever have to see the field. My intensity in these games are set around not having any injuries. 

CUT WES THE TURNSTILE SCHWEITZER

gazoo likes this

20 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

I CANT BELIEVE SAUBERT DROPPED THAT BALL! CUT HIM

/Casm

:lol:

I wished I had thought of that one!

29 minutes ago, gazoo said:

Each year, fans grossly overreact to struggles certain areas of our team incur in preseason. These overreactions are often tied to DEFCON 1 level anxiety and incomprehensible demoralization among some in the fanbase.

In the preseason of 2016, our starting offense went 3 and out twice against the Dolphins starting defense and this place went insane with doom and gloom, suggesting we benching Matt Ryan because he was in decline and replacing him in regular season with  Schaub.

We ended up having the 7th highest scoring offense in the history of the NFL and went to the Super Bowl.

Please understand, we do not game plan for these preseason games, nor do we want to show our first regular season opponent, the Eagles, any of our hand. If the starting units have some struggles, it’s to be expected, not catastrophied.

LOL!!! 

26 minutes ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

Freeman clearly has a concussion... extend coleman NOW..

o wait that is something I would totally say...

:lol: @caponine

lol orr ..... nvm lol board will get mad

SkerFalcon8710 likes this

1 hour ago, gazoo said:

Each year, fans grossly overreact to struggles certain areas of our team incur in preseason. These overreactions are often tied to DEFCON 1 level anxiety and incomprehensible demoralization among some in the fanbase.

I thought Defcon 5 was the worst

1 hour ago, gazoo said:

I definitely went DEFCON after that preseason. I wanted Shanny gone. Now I want him back. lol

octoslash likes this

1 hour ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

RIDLEY CAN"T GET OPEN!!!

VIC'S A BUST! TRADE HIM FOR MACK!!

#sarcasim

#purple

Would love to trade Vic for Mack

Just now, fuego said:

I definitely went DEFCON after that preseason. I wanted Shanny gone. Now I want him back. lol

Me too.  I was thinking 8-8 or 7-9 after that first Bucs game in 2016.  :ninja:

papachaz and fuego like this

1 hour ago, SkerFalcon8710 said:

I CANT BELIEVE SAUBERT DROPPED THAT BALL! CUT HIM

/Casm

Grayson/Benkurt start over Ryan. Harlow should start at C and cut Mack for $

47 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I thought Defcon 5 was the worst

DEFCON 5 here at TATF is a missed FG by a backup in preseason 

DEFCON 5 is two 3 and outs 

papachaz likes this

2 hours ago, gazoo said:

In their defense we do suck against the dolphins in general

gazoo likes this