JT

How bad are the high seats at the Benz stadium?

46 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, camfalcon said:

Do any of the bar's have a good view? I was thinking about buying a ticket in the 300s and then watching from one of the common areas. Anybody tried this?

Is the Skybridge decent for the 200 or 300 level?

This is why people ***** about empty seats. So many other great places to watch other than your seat. 

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:38 PM, Monolith2001 said:

I went up to the 300 seats and you'll be very happy the video board is so big.

All I could afford would be the nose bleed seats. If you have to depend on the video board I'd just as soon just watch at home. :shrug:

On 8/10/2018 at 4:58 PM, JT said:

Just wondering what the view is like way up top? Tickets are more affordable Up top of course but is the view bad?

Fine for football, not as great for soccer.  Can't see the sideline play during the United games unless you watch the halo.  Still not a bad experience though.

JT likes this

1 hour ago, JT said:

Thanks everyone! I’m going try it out this Friday and hope it’s as good as some of the comments are here.

What section and row did you end up going with?

The high seats are like riding coach on a plane. Youre the last one to board, and the last one to leave. And if youre lucky to get a window seat then you get a great view of the wing of the plane.

Went to the Cowboys game last season and sat in the 300 section...had endzone seats. Wasn't bad at all but I caught myself looking more up at the halo screen for the action than the actual field. From where we sat part of the screen was positioned just perfect like a huge big screen TV.

On 8/12/2018 at 5:59 PM, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

I heard it was crazy steep.

It is a little more steep than the GA Dome was, but not that bad.  My season tickets are at roughly the same spot in the Benz as they were the Dome ..  and I think my view is at least the same if not better.

Stray Dog THA GAWD likes this

I think the 300s in the Benz are better than the Dome. 

They may be steeper, but, they angle you towards the field more and prevent you from having that "why I am I so far away" feel like the Rose Bowl.

The Halo board is huge bonus, and is quite honestly better to view in the 300s than the 100s. I have season tickets in the 100s, but sat up there for the College Football National Title game, and it's a great place to watch a ballgame.

For those that say "well it's like viewing at home, so stay home," you fail to address what makes going to games actually enjoyable - the noise, the atmosphere, the feeling that you when you're screaming on defense, actually will your team to a big stop... I mean, there is nothing better. All it takes is one memorable moment in the stadium, for you to be hooked for life. I love the at-home experience on my 70-inch, but considering the fan-first pricing on food and beer, being at the game when something like Deion Jones' interception in the 4th agains the Saints happens, you realize you get what you pay for. 

The guy above's only response is that I have a 70" tv, rather than respond to the noticeable, and better attributions of actually going to the game?

Dude a 70" vizio is like 600-700 bucks pretty reasonable price point for a lot of the heavy football consumers here. 

17 hours ago, pa_falcon_fan said:

It is a little more steep than the GA Dome was, but not that bad.  I my season stickers are at roughly the same spot as they were in the Benz as they were the Dome ..  and I think my view is at least the same if not better.

Good, I got dizzy up there one time.  Upper level is for the real X's and O's fans anyway because you can see it all!

18 hours ago, pa_falcon_fan said:

It is a little more steep than the GA Dome was, but not that bad.  I my season stickers are at roughly the same spot as they were in the Benz as they were the Dome ..  and I think my view is at least the same if not better.

Good, I got dizzy up there one time.  Upper level is for the real X's and O's fans anyway because you can see it all!  High as balls up there!

3 minutes ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Good, I got dizzy up there one time.  Upper level is for the real X's and O's fans anyway because you can see it all!  High as balls up there!

That is actually what I like best about it.  I've had seats down low and feel like you lose a lot of depth perception... especially if you're in the end zone.  You can really see the whole field and watch plays develop from the higher angle.  

4 minutes ago, pa_falcon_fan said:

That is actually what I like best about it.  I've had seats down low and feel like you lose a lot of depth perception... especially if you're in the end zone.  You can really see the whole field and watch plays develop from the higher angle.  

The worst seats I've ever had were downstairs in the endzone.  Had no idea why people were cheering half the time, and the one time they're going to score right in front of me, the quarter ends and they switch sides!

1 minute ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

The worst seats I've ever had were in the endzone.  Had no idea why people were cheering half the time, and the one time they're going to score right in front of me, the quarter ends and they switch sides!

Agreed.  My first Falcons game was in the end zone.  I was excited to be so close to the field... but never again.  You couldn't tell if a run was 2 yards or 20 because of how flat the perspective was.   

I'd take my upper corner seats (305, row 7) over end zone seats every time.   It WOULD be nice to be down in the club seats (200 level) to be a little closer to the field.. but I can't justify that much money for season tickets given that I live in Pennsylvania.  

2 minutes ago, pa_falcon_fan said:

Agreed.  My first Falcons game was in the end zone.  I was excited to be so close to the field... but never again.  You couldn't tell if a run was 2 yards or 20 because of how flat the perspective was.   

I'd take my upper corner seats (305, row 7) over end zone seats every time.   It WOULD be nice to be down in the club seats (200 level) to be a little closer to the field.. but I can't justify that much money for season tickets given that I live in Pennsylvania.  

Ha, I felt the same way about 2 vs 20 yards.  Was pissed when I thought we got stuffed, but ended up being a 12 yard run.

Speaking of club, I heard the field level is just looking at the players' backs the whole game.  Man, I'd be PISSED.

There is standing room at the back of some of the 200 sections.  Counter to put your beer or food and room to stand.  Lots of folks with either SRO tickets or seats in the 300s camp out there.  The ones next to the club sections (not possible behind the clubs of course) are probably the best but there are also some in the endzone.

4 minutes ago, ordr said:

There is standing room at the back of some of the 200 sections.  Counter to put your beer or food and room to stand.  Lots of folks with either SRO tickets or seats in the 300s camp out there.  The ones next to the club sections (not possible behind the clubs of course) are probably the best but there are also some in the endzone.

I was sitting in the last row of the CFA kickoff, and saw those counters.  Looks like a cool place to drink some brews, and wish I would have stood there instead of the skyway, since there's a big wall there you can't see over anyway.