JT

How bad are the high seats at the Benz stadium?

46 posts in this topic

Just wondering what the view is like way up top? Tickets are more affordable Up top of course but is the view bad?

I'll find out August 30th. A customer of mine gave me his seats for that game, he doesn't do preseason, lol. They are in the 300 section as well.

I mean it's pretty far, you can see numbers but not names if you have pretty good eye sight.  It's kind of fun to sit up top sometimes though if you are a student of the game because you focus on the whole team at the same time similar to a chess board.  Also, the video board is eye level.  If you are on the lower level you could get a kink in your neck looking up all the time and lower level is not as close the field especially between the fields unless you buy the really expensive pass and stand against the wall.

Edited by falconfanatic365

We bought our season tickets late so we are in the 300's on the away side.  Was really nervous about that as we'd always sat on the home side in the Dome.  We are in Section 344, Row 16 (I wish I was on a lower row) but we were actually pretty pleased with our seats.  We get to see the entire field and we can see plays develop.  The Halo board is great.  Unfortunately there are a couple of places that we don't see, i.e. stats, etc. but all in all very pleased.  When the roof is open we are only able to see a tiny sliver of the sky~again that's fine.  Last year when one of my favorite Falcons was inducted into the Ring of Honor~Warrick Dunn~because of the situation with the bird on the 50 yd line facing the away side we were able to see the ceremony.  We have been very pleased with our 300 upper level seats.

hashmark61 likes this

16 hours ago, JT said:

Just wondering what the view is like way up top? Tickets are more affordable Up top of course but is the view bad?

We had seats in 314 row 12 last year and I thought the view was really good. I like being able to see the entire field and watch plays develop. Also having the halo board right there is awesome. Easier to see then if you are down low. Here is s screenshot from a video my wife took from our seats: 

68FF6FAD-EAE5-474A-85F9-AC225538C46F.jpeg

hashmark61 and JT like this

16 minutes ago, ga12r1 said:

We had seats in 314 row 12 last year and I thought the view was really good. I like being able to see the entire field and watch plays develop. Also having the halo board right there is awesome. Easier to see then if you are down low. Here is s screenshot from a video my wife took from our seats: 

68FF6FAD-EAE5-474A-85F9-AC225538C46F.jpeg

This is why I would never sit in the 300’s again. Value isn’t there for me outside of seeing it live. It’s no better than tv view

3 minutes ago, notthatcool said:

I’ve heard stay below row 20 or you start to cut off parts of halo board. 

You dont need to see the whole full circle at one time, thats why it rotates

20 hours ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

You dont need to see the whole full circle at one time, thats why it rotates

I was referring to vertically not horizontally 

On 8/10/2018 at 6:38 PM, ya_boi_j said:

Looking at the virtual view, it’s the same as it was in the dome. Looks like you’re watching on tv

Very good analogy. My season tix are in 309, which is roughly the 46yd line on the home side. I've always preferred the upper levels because, as you say, it's the same sight line/ viewing angle as watching on tv. 

What makes it better than watching from home is i get to see the entire field or any particular part of it, rather than being limited to what the tv camera tech chooses to focus on. 

My first year of season tix in the Dome were in sec 132 (around the 20yd line), which was nice when teams were on my end of the field but not very nice when the action was in the red zone at the other end.

Edited by Kaptain Krazy
camfalcon likes this

I sat in the 300 sections during the Garth Brooks concert. They are comparable to what the view was from the 300s in the Dome (RIP) As long as they've got the acoustic problems fixed, they're not bad seats at all

Do any of the bar's have a good view? I was thinking about buying a ticket in the 300s and then watching from one of the common areas. Anybody tried this?

Is the Skybridge decent for the 200 or 300 level?

Edited by camfalcon

19 minutes ago, camfalcon said:

Do any of the bar's have a good view? I was thinking about buying a ticket in the 300s and then watching from one of the common areas. Anybody tried this?

I went to the Miami game last year. From what I saw, none of the bars have a good view of the field, unless you want to watch it on the tvs at the bars

camfalcon likes this