Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Preseason Games Thread

163 posts in this topic

48 minutes ago, red falcon said:

I get where you are coming from but it is preseason.  Jacksonville is a force though. Would not want to see them in the Super Bowl.  Physical team both sides.

Only preseason. I get it. But I like the guys the Jaguars have added to the offense this year.

47 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Baker Mayfield looks pretty good. Browns might have them a legit QB.

If he was playing the entire season I would pick them as a playoff team. But I think Taylor plays the first handful of years and I don't have a whole lot of faith in him. That's why I picked only 6 wins for them.

Huge Baker Mayfield fan!! Been calling it for a couple years now that he's gonna be a monster in the NFL.

Tim Mazetti likes this

10 minutes ago, PK Manley said:

Josh Gordon?  I know of Gordon's history, but he finally isn't suspended and is seeking treatment proactively to prevent a relapse.

But yeah, they did get a ridiculously low return for Coleman.  That was dumb, especially if Gordon does slip up again.

Not just Gordon that they've got to worry about. Callaway will be suspended at some point in 2018. It's a guaranteed as death and taxes. Heck, he's already gotten in trouble since they drafted him. Just add that to the long list of issues he had coming out of Florida. But of course, there were a couple of posters here beating the drum for the Falcons to draft him.

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

If he was playing the entire season I would pick them as a playoff team. But I think Taylor plays the first handful of years and I don't have a whole lot of faith in him. That's why I picked only 6 wins for them.

Huge Baker Mayfield fan!! Been calling it for a couple years now that he's gonna be a monster in the NFL.

Yeah. He looks really good even though it's preseason. Personally I don't think they should risk him because, and maybe it's me, the Browns Oline stinks. I wouldn't risk him until until they get him better protection IMO. They're still building anyway so why rush Mayfield?

Just now, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Yeah. He looks really good even though it's preseason. Personally I don't think they should risk him because, and maybe it's me, the Browns Oline stinks. I wouldn't risk him until until they get him better protection IMO. They're still building anyway so why rush Mayfield?

BTW, I just realized my stupid fingers typed years up there. Clearly I meant games. Mayfield will be starting by the time the Falcons play them. Falcons have a legit chance to face 3 rookie QBs this year. That would be weird.

BoomGoesTheDynamite likes this

4 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Not just Gordon that they've got to worry about. Callaway will be suspended at some point in 2018. It's a guaranteed as death and taxes. Heck, he's already gotten in trouble since they drafted him. Just add that to the long list of issues he had coming out of Florida. But of course, there were a couple of posters here beating the drum for the Falcons to draft him.

Hard for me to believe that TD would even consider him after taking chances on Shembo, Collins and Shede.

1 hour ago, Jesus said:

Snore.

Their division is turrible.

The AFC South is actually not that bad this year. Jaguars and titans each have top 10-12 rosters imo. Texans seem to be a favorite amongst a lot of people(although I’m personally not buying them), and colts will have Luck back. That division was terrible a couple of years ago, but they’ll actually be solid this year and moving forward. 

Tim Mazetti likes this

1 minute ago, papachaz said:

I've got the Browns/Giants too. Chubb not finding much running room behind that pathetic OLine either

So you got Chubb?

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

They have been looking at Dez too.  There was a report that Dez wasn't picking up his phone, but he just tweeted to Cleveland's GM that he's going to do visits next week.

Side note: You mind if I just change this to "preseason games thread"?  Not much on the Saints because I think most aren't streaming it.

1 minute ago, papachaz said:

I've got the Browns/Giants too. Chubb not finding much running room behind that pathetic OLine either

I feel bad for Chubb this season. On the other hand, it looks like the Browns are trying to steer in the right direction. Especially picking Chubb and Mayfield.

Falconsfan567 and papachaz like this

2 minutes ago, PK Manley said:

They have been looking at Dez too.  There was a report that Dez wasn't picking up his phone, but he just tweeted to Cleveland's GM that he's going to do visits next week.

Side note: You mind if I just change this to "preseason games thread"?  Not much on the Saints because I think most aren't streaming it.

Sure!! No problem!

papachaz and PK Manley like this

16 minutes ago, PK Manley said:

Josh Gordon?  I know of Gordon's history, but he finally isn't suspended and is seeking treatment proactively to prevent a relapse.

But yeah, they did get a ridiculously low return for Coleman.  That was dumb, especially if Gordon does slip up again.

Yeah it’s a wait and see for me with Gordon. I saw some flashes last season but who knows how much he’ll even play or what level he’ll play at this season.

6 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

BTW, I just realized my stupid fingers typed years up there. Clearly I meant games. Mayfield will be starting by the time the Falcons play them. Falcons have a legit chance to face 3 rookie QBs this year. That would be weird.

Yeah, but we don't need to take them likely.