Jerz #DukeSZN

Devonta "Not My Rule" Freeman

127 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Black Francis said:

I haven’t left but I can’t get with judgment call officiating. It kills the game and I detest it. I won’t waste my time on WWE football. 

are you still going to blame refs for them losing games that they probably should have won? Sounds like you already have an excuse if the falcons lose games. This is not on anyone , this offense is stacked and defense as well. 

4 hours ago, Jerz said:

I hate the rule as much as the next guy but is it really stupid? The league is taking steps to make the game safer and if it works it works if not then it'll be scrapped. 

My concern about the rule (and what could potentially make it stupid) is more with how the rule is applied as opposed to the rule itself. 

Plays happen so fast and there are 22 players moving at any given time during a play.  Helmet first collisions are going to happen, often due to one or more moving player(s) coming into the same space at the same time.

Is it reasonable to expect refs to differentiate, in a split second, between a guy who initiated contact with his helmet verses a guy who happened to collide helmet first due to movement outside of his control?  

Can players be expected to anticipate exactly where and how a collision will take place?

I don't see any way that this rule is called with consistency.  

5 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

I haven’t left but I can’t get with judgment call officiating. It kills the game and I detest it. I won’t waste my time on WWE football. 

I hear you bro. They keep ******* w this sport and I’ll have no problem canceling directv (I don’t live in GA) and saving 215$ a month. The sport is dangerous and if ppl don’t want to risk injuries then they just shouldn’t play. 

Black Francis likes this

7 minutes ago, kschreck said:

My concern about the rule (and what could potentially make it stupid) is more with how the rule is applied as opposed to the rule itself. 

Plays happen so fast and there are 22 players moving at any given time during a play.  Helmet first collisions are going to happen, often due to one or more moving player(s) coming into the same space at the same time.

Is it reasonable to expect refs to differentiate, in a split second, between a guy who initiated contact with his helmet verses a guy who happened to collide helmet first due to movement outside of his control?  

Can players be expected to anticipate exactly where and how a collision will take place?

I don't see any way that this rule is called with consistency.  

The sport really is imploding. Can’t play defense and you can’t run the ball anymore. That flag football bs was a look into the future. 

29 minutes ago, caponine said:

are you still going to blame refs for them losing games that they probably should have won? Sounds like you already have an excuse if the falcons lose games. This is not on anyone , this offense is stacked and defense as well. 

I have no idea what you are trying to convey. I’m talking about the game itself. Not winning or losing or excuses. Just the quality of the game. 

MoFalconsFan56 likes this

20 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

I hear you bro. They keep ******* w this sport and I’ll have no problem canceling directv (I don’t live in GA) and saving 215$ a month. The sport is dangerous and if ppl don’t want to risk injuries then they just shouldn’t play. 

It is dangerous. Truth. It is dangerous for children yet parents strap their kids up and send them to the field knowing full well the risks.  

I think the rule needs to be based on intentional targeting.  Unless you can tell it's malicious, there is no flag.

This is a violent sport -- needs to stay that way.  We all live and die.  These guys get to make millions as heros.  You can't be a hero without risk.  Nobody is wishing harm on anyone, but it's silly to place safety above all else.  The world is not safe, no matter how we pretend.  Anguish, pain, destruction, and death is coming for us all.  We should be able to enjoy this life as we see fit in the meantime.

7 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

It is dangerous. Truth. It is dangerous for children yet parents strap their kids up and send them to the field knowing full well the risks.  

I just feel like in the nfl there should be some kind of disclaimer/warning that’s like “yo, you can play this game and possibly earn more money than you’ll ever know what to do with but it’s not good for your health and if you choose to play this game then you’ve come to terms w the consequences”. Then  the game can be played as it’s meant to be played rather than watering everything down. 

Kind of like the surgeon general warning on a pack of cigarettes. Difference is smoking cigs can’t land you a guaranteed 100 mill LOL

15 minutes ago, DogIsYourName said:

I think the rule needs to be based on intentional targeting.  Unless you can tell it's malicious, there is no flag.

This is a violent sport -- needs to stay that way.  We all live and die.  These guys get to make millions as heros.  You can't be a hero without risk.  Nobody is wishing harm on anyone, but it's silly to place safety above all else.  The world is not safe, no matter how we pretend.  Anguish, pain, destruction, and death is coming for us all.  We should be able to enjoy this life as we see fit in the meantime.

Exactly. We don’t need games won and loss based off of what certain refs interpretations of certain rules are.

For the record, I don’t like dirty, unnecessarily rough or disrespectful play but I do like smash mouth football. 

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

I really don't think a play like this is going to get flagged during the regular season

Why? If that was Devonta instead of EZE we’d be screaming “facemasking” lol

1 minute ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Why? If that was Devonta instead of EZE we’d be screaming “facemasking” lol

you are looking for something that is not there , there’s nothing wrong with that run at all

JD dirtybird21 likes this

6 hours ago, Jerz said:

Free better be fucckin joking but if not he's stupid. Not only are you putting yourself at risk you're putting a huge target on your back for the refs to show him that the league is serious. You know what happens to people who can't adapt? They don't last long 

Yeah I understand what he's saying, but he might've just brought attention from the refs to himself when he said this, and they do throw flags based on a players reputation and not if he actually commits the foul. Just ask Rocky.  

Jerz #DukeSZN likes this

4 minutes ago, caponine said:

you are looking for something that is not there , there’s nothing wrong with that run at all

Left hand got his facemask on the way down. The way this game is officiated I think that would be called and if it were our guy ppl would have a diff opinion. I personally don’t have a problem w that play tho. 

Edited by MoFalconsFan56
caponine likes this

Just now, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Left hand got his facemask on the watch down. The way this game is officiated I think that would be called and if it were our guy ppl would have a diff opinion. I personally don’t have a problem w that play tho. 

ohhh ok my bad didnt see that part before but i agree

52 minutes ago, Vandy said:

LOL, Free’s gonna ball this year.

If he does I won't be mad at all. I was worried about the attention he might have garnered with his comment, but after thinking about, he's not the only player who feels that way.

I've always felt that if the refs want to impress me, stop calling invisible crap on Alford just because he USED to have a rep about holding, and start calling more facemask fouls, because Free's facemask gets pulled almost every game he's in and never gets called.

End rant. 

Vandy likes this

15 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I really don't think a play like this is going to get flagged during the regular season

They specifically pointed out this play on the NFL network and said it would be a penalty going forward.

14 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

This could be the new catch rule with the exception it’s a 15 yarder and can get you ejected.

If Freeman has a couple of those in a game that  result in a loss that’s one thing.  If he has several games like that it’s another.

Depending on how strictly the NFL wants to enforce the rule it could cause problems.

29 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

I just feel like in the nfl there should be some kind of disclaimer/warning that’s like “yo, you can play this game and possibly earn more money than you’ll ever know what to do with but it’s not good for your health and if you choose to play this game then you’ve come to terms w the consequences”. Then  the game can be played as it’s meant to be played rather than watering everything down. 

Kind of like the surgeon general warning on a pack of cigarettes. Difference is smoking cigs can’t land you a guaranteed 100 mill LOL

Those are my feelings too. Why pretend? Everyone knows the deal.