Jerz #DukeSZN

Aug. 8th OPEN THREAD

44 posts in this topic

Thought this was interesting, mainly because the Birds weren't even listed:

There are still 12 franchises that have never won a Super Bowl. Which team will be next, and in what year will it win?

Bowen: Minnesota Vikings. With the addition of Kirk Cousins to pair with Mike Zimmer's topflight defense, plus a roster that is set up to keep the Vikings in the hunt for multiple seasons, Minnesota will be the first team on this list to win a championship. However, Zimmer's club will have to wait 'til the 2019 season, as the Saints are my pick to win the NFC this year.

Clay: Los Angeles Chargers. Injuries are, once again, piling up on the Chargers, but this is a roster built for success over the next few years. Come the 2019 season, an offensive core that includes Philip Rivers, Melvin Gordon, Keenan Allen, Hunter Henry and potentially Mike Williams and Forrest Lamp will still be in place. The defense will be overloaded with young stars and/or talent in the form of Melvin Ingram, Joey Bosa, Casey Hayward, Denzel Perryman, Jahleel Addae, Derwin James, Trevor Williams, Desmond King and Uchenna Nwosu. Plan on Philip Rivers hoisting the Lombardi at Hard Rock Stadium in 2020.

Graziano: Minnesota Vikings. But I'm picking a different NFC team to win it all this year, so I say the Vikings' first title has to wait until 2019. They have basically everyone locked up that they need (except Anthony Barr) and should be able to continue their recent run of success as long as they can maintain things on the offensive line.

Schatz: The 2021 Cleveland Browns. I believe in Baker Mayfield and Myles Garrett.

Seifert: The Minnesota Vikings in 2018. On paper, this team is loaded on both sides of the ball. New quarterback Kirk Cousins has plenty of help surrounding him to ease his transition. It's true that part of their 2017 success was an incredible run of good health, but this roster is built in a way that could absorb a few more injuries in 2018. The Vikings have their best chance to end the Super Bowl drought in at least 20 years.

Tim Mazetti and Jerz #DukeSZN like this

14 minutes ago, The Falcon Jedi Knight said:

Calvin Ridley is the next Antonio Brown. Ive never seen such a precise route-runner with his ankle-break cuts for a guy as fast he is. He literally can do it all. My only worry is can he withstand a hit after the catch if he gets decked.

I said that watching his highlights before the draft

Tim Mazetti likes this

1 hour ago, Stray Dog THA GAWD said:

Thought this was interesting, mainly because the Birds weren't even listed:

There are still 12 franchises that have never won a Super Bowl. Which team will be next, and in what year will it win?

Bowen: Minnesota Vikings. With the addition of Kirk Cousins to pair with Mike Zimmer's topflight defense, plus a roster that is set up to keep the Vikings in the hunt for multiple seasons, Minnesota will be the first team on this list to win a championship. However, Zimmer's club will have to wait 'til the 2019 season, as the Saints are my pick to win the NFC this year.

Clay: Los Angeles Chargers. Injuries are, once again, piling up on the Chargers, but this is a roster built for success over the next few years. Come the 2019 season, an offensive core that includes Philip Rivers, Melvin Gordon, Keenan Allen, Hunter Henry and potentially Mike Williams and Forrest Lamp will still be in place. The defense will be overloaded with young stars and/or talent in the form of Melvin Ingram, Joey Bosa, Casey Hayward, Denzel Perryman, Jahleel Addae, Derwin James, Trevor Williams, Desmond King and Uchenna Nwosu. Plan on Philip Rivers hoisting the Lombardi at Hard Rock Stadium in 2020.

Graziano: Minnesota Vikings. But I'm picking a different NFC team to win it all this year, so I say the Vikings' first title has to wait until 2019. They have basically everyone locked up that they need (except Anthony Barr) and should be able to continue their recent run of success as long as they can maintain things on the offensive line.

Schatz: The 2021 Cleveland Browns. I believe in Baker Mayfield and Myles Garrett.

Seifert: The Minnesota Vikings in 2018. On paper, this team is loaded on both sides of the ball. New quarterback Kirk Cousins has plenty of help surrounding him to ease his transition. It's true that part of their 2017 success was an incredible run of good health, but this roster is built in a way that could absorb a few more injuries in 2018. The Vikings have their best chance to end the Super Bowl drought in at least 20 years.

That's cause we really won in 2016. There was a massive cosmic phase shift during that game and since 8:35 in the 4th quarter we have been living in an alternate, evil, parallel universe.

I mean, just look at the $hit going on and tell me we ain't.  ;)

54 minutes ago, caponine said:

Sadly we may see alot of that this year with Tru :sadwave:

Ridley is just better than people realize. He was almost always open in AL. He just had an RB throwing to him. 

40 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

I KEEP hearing about Saubert. Is he really turning that many heads?

He’s a poor mans Gronk with great measurables. He was raw and learned a lot of nuance in the offseason. He’s gonna be a small terror this year. 

falconidae, caponine, Vandy and 5 others like this