Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

Johnny Manziel

67 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Would have been a lot better than what we got..I would have loved that draft.

It made perfect sense to me. We needed a new bell cow at RB because Jamal wasn't that guy anymore after the first knee injury. I thought Chandler could still be decent enough for a couple more years, long enough to mentor the new QB and I thought Brees was grossly underrated coming out of Purdue. He got them to the Rose Bowl crying out loud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

He made his CFL debut tonight and threw 4 interceptions in the 1st half. That folks, is the reason he can't find an NFL job, not because of his off field issues. If you're a good enough player you'll always be given a chance in sports somewhere, but bad players can't overcome bad off field issues.

:slick:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, I give lengthy responses said:

Part of his attempting to be a pocket passer was to avoid another injury though. Once defenses figured out the read option he and Kap fell apart, but I think without that torn ACL we'd be watching a totally different player.

What his reasons were, RG3 wasn't ready. The dude kept comparing himself to Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning. Like I said, he wasn't a pocket passer. It was the threat of the read-option that kept defenses off of him, at least when he wasn't running. Speaking of which, the guy refused to slide or run out of bounds. Kyle simplified the offense for him, incorporated many of the plays and concepts he ran in college, and slowly adapted him to WCO fundamentals. 

Injury or not, RG3 overestimated himself and (still) blames Mike Shanahan for problems he himself created.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Not sleeping on the CFL. But Manziel sucks. Always has and always will.

For real. Thought he could maybe succeed as a scrambler, but it’s tough to recover from this one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, I give lengthy responses said:

Part of his attempting to be a pocket passer was to avoid another injury though. Once defenses figured out the read option he and Kap fell apart, but I think without that torn ACL we'd be watching a totally different player.

Nah, he took too many hits needed to slide more. Was bound to happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

It made perfect sense to me. We needed a new bell cow at RB because Jamal wasn't that guy anymore after the first knee injury. I thought Chandler could still be decent enough for a couple more years, long enough to mentor the new QB and I thought Brees was grossly underrated coming out of Purdue. He got them to the Rose Bowl crying out loud.

Imagine how much things would have been different for us and the "Aints".  Lol

Falconsfan567 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2018 at 7:02 PM, ya_boi_j said:

Manziel was overhyped like RG3 and was never bound for success in the big leagues. Hope he has his life together but football isn’t for him

Always came across as an attention-grubbing punk. Not much sympathy here lol

ya_boi_j likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

Always came across as an attention-grubbing punk. Not much sympathy here lol

That part doesn’t bother me. I just hate overhyped quarterbacks with labels that make it to the nfl and straight suck when asked to be a real qb 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ya_boi_j said:

They both were still bad qbs 

eh I think rg3 could have been real good, if he didnt have that ego. I was impressed with his accuracy at the hof game, but he ravens have some truly bad wrs, and a first round BUST

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites