Falconsfan567

Johnny Manziel

67 posts in this topic

He made his CFL debut tonight and threw 4 interceptions in the 1st half. That folks, is the reason he can't find an NFL job, not because of his off field issues. If you're a good enough player you'll always be given a chance in sports somewhere, but bad players can't overcome bad off field issues.

I still can't believe the Browns drafted this guy in the 1st round and that there were some folks here that wanted him in a Falcons uniform. I watched this guy play, I said many times that there was no way in heIl that he would ever be a successful NFL QB and that I wouldn't touch him with a 39 1/2 pole.

caponine likes this

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

Manziel was overhyped like RG3 and was never bound for success in the big leagues. Hope he has his life together but football isn’t for him

Agreed. Absolutely agree.

ya_boi_j likes this

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Agreed. Absolutely agree.

It’s why I HATE scrambling quarterbacks. RG3 had the arm strength but couldn’t play the position. All these morons want to do is be the first ever to have so many rushing stats as qbs. Screw them all

9 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

He made his CFL debut tonight and threw 4 interceptions in the 1st half. That folks, is the reason he can't find an NFL job, not because of his off field issues. If you're a good enough player you'll always be given a chance in sports somewhere, but bad players can't overcome bad off field issues.

I still can't believe the Browns drafted this guy in the 1st round and that there were some folks here that wanted him in a Falcons uniform. I watched this guy play, I said many times that there was no way in heIl that he would ever be a successful NFL QB and that I wouldn't touch him with a 39 1/2 pole.

But. But. He got a tackle too!! 

8 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Manziel was overhyped like RG3 and was never bound for success in the big leagues. Hope he has his life together but football isn’t for him

RG3 at least had one successful NFL season. I think he's a better example of what an injury and lack of confidence can do to a talented athlete. Manziel, on the other hand, looks to be a flat out failure in all aspects.

NeonDeion and GANDI like this

16 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

It’s why I HATE scrambling quarterbacks. RG3 had the arm strength but couldn’t play the position. All these morons want to do is be the first ever to have so many rushing stats as qbs. Screw them all

Are you distinguishing scrambling QBs from dual threat guys here? Because if not, how can you hate players like Wentz, McNabb, Cam, Vick, Cunningham, etc.

13 minutes ago, red falcon said:

I disagree somewhat.  He beat up his girl friend.  Matk Sanchez sucks as well but he was  employed last year.

Bad players with no off field issues has a higher chance at getting a job than bad players with off field issues. Manuel is the latter.

33 minutes ago, I give lengthy responses said:

RG3 at least had one successful NFL season. I think he's a better example of what an injury and lack of confidence can do to a talented athlete. Manziel, on the other hand, looks to be a flat out failure in all aspects.

The night before the draft that year I had a dream that the Falcons traded Matt Ryan for the 2nd overall pick and took RG3. Lololol.That would have been a nightmare. 

56 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Yep

He is another NCAA hype machine. He made NCAA and sports media money, which is why he was forced down our throats despite his style of play clearly not fit for the pros.

ya_boi_j and Falconsfan567 like this

1 hour ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Yep

He is another NCAA hype machine. He made NCAA and sports media money, which is why he was forced down our throats despite his style of play clearly not fit for the pros.

Yep. His style of play does not fit in the NFL. Not to mention, he just doesn't have the size for it either. This is not like a Drew Brees who more than makes up for his lack of height with an unreal ability to move in the pocket to find the necessary passing lanes to be successful. Brees ability to see the entire field with his lack of height is simply unmatched.

DawnOfThemBirds likes this

Johnny Football is a perfect example you never spend a first round pick on a guy with the nickname ‘Johnny Football.’

And when the red flags start going off in the pre-draft process PAY ATTENTION.

The Browns and their 22nd QB kiss of death pick

Falconsfan567 and NeonDeion like this

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Couldn't agree more. The only reason he was decent in college was the above average WR's he had, especially one Mike Evans. He also benefited from a decent OL which included Jake Matthews. Manziel threw a lot of passes that could've gotten intercepted but his WR's came back and made a lot of plays to catch the ball and that group could've made "Joe Shmoe" look like Peyton Manning.

Falconsfan567 and ya_boi_j like this

Been saying it for years, some of these NFL executives aren't nearly as smart as they get credit for and this guy is the case and point. Lets not even talk about the know it all's in the sports media that get paid to be consistently wrong as well.

Falconsfan567 likes this

3 hours ago, Wjcorner said:

Are you distinguishing scrambling QBs from dual threat guys here? Because if not, how can you hate players like Wentz, McNabb, Cam, Vick, Cunningham, etc.

How are all those dudes except Cam associated with the Eagles...

NeonDeion and ya_boi_j like this

3 hours ago, I give lengthy responses said:

No, RG3 let success get to his head. He thought he could run Kyle's system as more of a pocket passer in just his second year when he has little prior experience being under center, much less going through more than one or two progressions. He still has problems reading defenses and throwing passes on time.

1 hour ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Johnny Football is a perfect example you never spend a first round pick on a guy with the nickname ‘Johnny Football.’

And when the red flags start going off in the pre-draft process PAY ATTENTION.

The Browns and their 22nd QB kiss of death pick

Yep. Brady Quinn, Brandon Weeden, and Johnny Manziel, all pick #22.

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

BTW, speaking of Brees, I keep wondering what might have been had the Falcons done what I wanted them to do in 2001. I wanted the Chargers draft. I wanted LT and Brees.

Would have been a lot better than what we got..I would have loved that draft.

Edited by THEHEADCOACH