Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

August 3 Tweets

116 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Jarrett became the first player ever to sack Brady three times in a Super Bowl, and it appears the experience left a bit of an impression on the Patriots quarterback.

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/peter-king-explains-how-the-falcons-can-return-to-super-bowl-tom-brady-s-praise-

"They need to play really really well in a very tough offensive division,” King said. “If you play [Drew] Brees twice, and you’re playing Cam Newton twice, you’re playing one quarter of your schedule every year against quarterbacks who can put up 30 against anybody.”

Atlanta wasn’t among those teams who Brees or Newton put up 30 points against last season. In fact, they did fairly well to contain those two Pro Bowl quarterbacks. In the two games against the Saints, the Falcons gave up an average of 20 points and 310 yards. Against the Panthers, the Falcons allowed an average of 15 points and 289 yards, notably holding Carolina to just 10 points and forcing three interceptions in their playoff-clinching season finale.

Drew4719 likes this

1 hour ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Lattimore is good man...he gets away with **** because of it...every really good player does...Dont think Julio doesn't get away with push offs..he does...but its okay..it is what it is...

Its been that way forever...it frustrates you during the game...but its the game

I honestly never seen Julio push off. Michael Irvin was the best I've ever seen. JulI doesn’t need to push off. He's great at creating separation.

Just now, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

I honestly never seen Julio push off. Michael Irvin was the best I've ever seen. JulI doesn’t need to push off. He's great at creating separation.

Lol...then you aint watching...all the good ones do it...not saying he needs to ...but he does do it on occasion

Just now, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

Roddy was the master of pushing off too because of his wrestling background, same thing with tony Gonzales later in his career, but he got away with it because he was a legend. Honestly he pushed off all the time

3 minutes ago, jdawg4876 said:

Roddy was the master of pushing off too because of his wrestling background, same thing with tony Gonzales later in his career, but he got away with it because he was a legend. Honestly he pushed off all the time

To be fair Tony was seized at the line by pretty much every team he faced, the Pats in his last game against them were crazy with it. After Julio went down they doubled Tony and basically held him in place. It was sick.

Tim Mazetti likes this

4 minutes ago, Beef said:

LOL, no he didn't.  This was an obvious exaggeration.  

Well, if by "Summer" he means the 8 weeks before training camp, that's only 62.5 hours per week practicing with a new father of twins. So let's give him the benefit of the doubt about his calculation.

16 minutes ago, JayOzOne said:

Well, if by "Summer" he means the 8 weeks before training camp, that's only 62.5 hours per week practicing with a new father of twins. So let's give him the benefit of the doubt about his calculation.

Or by summer, he meant off season, which spreads the 500 hours out over 6 months, which is still 20 hours a week.

Beef, arrogantBEAST and Tim Mazetti like this

8 hours ago, Dirtybird3 said:

Great coverage up until the fact he doesn't get his head around. Something I don't see out of our backs very much of at all

Why would he turn his head he was out of phase ? 

TheFatboi likes this

Tell you what I been watching these tweet threads closely the last week and when I watch the gif/highlights the thing that really stands out is the speed and the urgent athleticism on both sides of the ball.

To me it personifies explosive.

Tim Mazetti likes this

29 minutes ago, SPITFIRE said:

Why would he turn his head he was out of phase ? 

To locate the ball for a potential pic or deflection maybe.. 

12 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

To locate the ball for a potential pic or deflection maybe.. 

Yea but they’re not gonna do I if they’re II of phase. They’re taught not to. I remember neals rookie year in a pre season game he turned his head when he was out of phase and gave up a TD. Manuel got on him about turning his head when he’s out of phase. They turn their heads but only when they’re in phase. Annoys me at times too but if he turns his head out of phase and its caught it could be a td. If he doesn’t turn his head if he’s out of phase he can make the tackle. 

Cheap Talk likes this

4 hours ago, Artys Arryn said:

From conversations over at r/NFL it seems like it was an issue all season. Fans of multiple teams have pointed it out. 

So he was hyped up because refs didn't call his bs?  Why was he able to get away with it.  I guess those osu guys can get away with everything.  I keed I keed