Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falconsfan567

August 3 Tweets

116 posts in this topic

So I love Harry and think he should be returning kicks. He did do some questionable fair catches the other day at camp when no one was even close to him. So if he’s gonna be Eric Weems 2.0 than no thanks. I seriously think it will come down to the last preseason game to determine our special teams ball handler. And on a side note, Sanu is about to be a fantasy sleeper this year. I think he has a MONSTER year. 

2 hours ago, Jerz said:

Ridley is nasty with it. He just made Tru look like camp fodder.

I didn't see it but that sounds encouraging and discouraging at the same time...good to hear the offensive and defensive battles going on.

Some may worry bout Tru in that the same sone worry bout the offense not winning battles. We have a legitimate team on both sides...gonna win some battles and lose some battles

Iron sharpens iron

RiseUpcollegepark likes this

2 hours ago, VTCrunkler said:

Lattimore when he is holding..

1 hour ago, papachaz said:

that would be all the time, cause when is lattimore NOT holding?

54 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

And Alford can't even look at WR wrong or he'll get flagged. Lattimore getting all this praise around the league at being a top flight CB, but he can't hardly do **** without holding the WR and the refs won't call it!

21 minutes ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

Bet Julio don’t put up with that BS this year. 

giphy (35).gif

7 minutes ago, The Peregrine said:

I didn't see it but that sounds encouraging and discouraging at the same time...good to hear the offensive and defensive battles going on.

Some may worry bout Tru in that the same sone worry bout the offense not winning battles. We have a legitimate team on both sides...gonna win some battles and lose some battles

Iron sharpens iron

Don't be discouraged.  Ridley is going to be making a lot of CB's look bad.  Manning up on him is going to be difficult and will probably require him being doubled.

The Peregrine likes this

1 hour ago, GET-ME-A-DB-TD said:

God let's all hope not. Fletcher Cox slung him around the way a dog does with his chew toy. It was bad.

I mean, Fletcher Cox did his thing in the game. But that is ALMOST in the same breath saying Watt and Donald doing their thing. He has established himself as a force in the league. Cox is BETTER than Jarrett and Geno Atkins and that is saying something. 

But we still competed and had our opportunity IN PHILLY!

Mind you Wes has had another off season to get stronger and better technique. Let's not just write him off as non serviceable at the moment. We had a chance to get back to the NFCCG on the road in one of the most HOSTILE of environments.

#RISE UP #BROTHERHOOD 

Drew4719 and Vandy like this

6 minutes ago, ltstorm2 said:

Don't be discouraged.  Ridley is going to be making a lot of CB's look bad.  Manning up on him is going to be difficult and will probably require him being doubled.

If they start doubling Ridley what are they gonna do about Julio? :shrug:

What will happen is we’ll probably get a lot of zone this year because they can’t double both Julio and Ridley, which means Matt will rip sime defenses apart!! 

7 minutes ago, ltstorm2 said:

That is why I made sure I put encouraging first. But the fact remains that Tru is a vet that is supposed to be tops in the league and Ridley is a rookie but as I stated, good to see the battles, even when pro bowl players get beat ( by pur team in practice of course)

3 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

What will happen is we’ll probably get a lot of zone this year because they can’t double both Julio and Ridley, which means Matt will rip sime defenses apart!! 

Exactly...and with our running game....wow

arrogantBEAST and TheFatboi like this

3 hours ago, since68andcounting said:

You're right Poole didn't do that bad. Great pass and catch. But I think we need to be more realistic with our looks in practice. What NB/CB is ever going to have Julio one on one in the red zone? Maybe 2-3 guys in the entire league?

This wasn't for Julio, it was for Poole.

RING OF HONOR likes this

44 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

And then we'll have instant timeouts called by the defense if we split Free or Teco wide.

2 hours ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

And Alford can't even look at WR wrong or he'll get flagged. Lattimore getting all this praise around the league at being a top flight CB, but he can't hardly do **** without holding the WR and the refs won't call it!

That's exactly what I was thinking. Lattimore getting hyped up. He is good but he hold our guys a lot. Not sure if he does to others.  Anyone know?

BoomGoesTheDynamite likes this

7 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

That's exactly what I was thinking. Lattimore getting hyped up. He is good but he hold our guys a lot. Not sure if he does to others.  Anyone know?

From conversations over at r/NFL it seems like it was an issue all season. Fans of multiple teams have pointed it out. 

arrogantBEAST likes this

7 minutes ago, VTCrunkler said:

Lattimore is good man...he gets away with **** because of it...every really good player does...Dont think Julio doesn't get away with push offs..he does...but its okay..it is what it is...

Its been that way forever...it frustrates you during the game...but its the game

kiwifalcon likes this

5 hours ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Does anybody else kinda worry about our kicker situation? I mean are we prepared if something happen to Money Matt?

Idk - do we worry about losing our job and not being able to pay the mortgage??? I mean you usually worry about it when it happens....so yeah iworry about what happens if MR2 blows out a toe nail lol

Tim Mazetti likes this

King: Tom Brady singled out one Falcon in particular

If King thinks the defense needs to take a step forward to help the Falcons return to the title game, it’s no surprise the he picked defensive tackle Grady Jarrett as the player who needs to have a great year for that to happen.

“I’ll never forget talking to Tom Brady after the Super Bowl,” King said. “And Tom Brady talking about Grady Jarrett like he was the most dangerous player on the field that day for Atlanta. So, I watch him a lot when I watch the Falcons play. He is so disruptive. He’s like, in the middle of the line, Aaron Donald junior.

“I think if he can crash the middle of lines, and he can make it possible for their edge guys to get home, I think he is an immensely important person for this team.” 

Jarrett became the first player ever to sack Brady three times in a Super Bowl, and it appears the experience left a bit of an impression on the Patriots quarterback.

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/peter-king-explains-how-the-falcons-can-return-to-super-bowl-tom-brady-s-praise-

ShadyRef and kiwifalcon like this

15 minutes ago, Tim Mazetti said:

?

I liked it anyway.

You good. Just a poor attempt at humor on my part by referencing Bryants gator call thing from on of his mic'ed up. Though that might have been Bosher and my memory's just bad.

Tim Mazetti likes this

1 minute ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

You good. Just a poor attempt at humor on my part by referencing Bryants gator call thing from on of his mic'ed up. Though that might have been Bosher and my memory's just bad.

I must have missed that day.

:lol:

BoomGoesTheDynamite likes this

With Julio, Ridley, Sanu, Hooper, Saubert, Teco, and Free, we have any combination of 7 pass catchers on the field at all times. in the infamous words of Bart Scott, CAN'T WAIT!!