Jump to content

You guys have our number


Gbpack10
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Gbpack10 said:

I'm not trying to talk trash guys. Much respect for you guys. Yes the NFCCG hurt a lot.

Are you a stock holder?

Need to get a dome in Lambeau. You can keep the stadium, but just put something over to help control the temps and precip. It is the nastiest place in the NFL to play. They are well deserved of a SB, but will not happen the way things are.

It seems like the crowd there has the sense that they deserve to be mistreated and then like it. You should be able to watch a football game in comfort. Tell yourselves that you deserve it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/1/2018 at 7:59 PM, Gbpack10 said:

Rodgers out dueled Ryan before in the playoffs and worse than the whooping we took.

Yes he did. But that proves my point, Rodgers had a much better roster in 2010. That defense was playing out their minds. Especially Charles Woodson. Rodgers is already the better QB than Ryan and always has been. So for the Falcons to have a 31-0 lead on them in the NFCG in 2016 should tell you just how far apart the rosters are when your team has the better QB

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:21 PM, VTCrunkler said:

colin cowturd actually said MR will have better seasons than Dak, Wentz and A-Rod

Not a crazy theory from cowturd at all in my opinion. 

I don't listen to him, but I can add my own reasoning as to why he might be right:

1. Dak started on a roll but really came back to earth with a sophomore slump, and the league now knows how to force him into getting rattled.

2. Wentz might...MIGHT...be under strict instructions to get rid of the ball, and not to run (knee risk wise).

3.  Rodgers just doesn't have the supporting cast he's enjoyed the past decade.

-

Now compare all that to the loaded team Ryan's bringing this year!!

Steve Martin GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, octoslash said:

Not a crazy theory from cowturd at all in my opinion. 

I don't listen to him, but I can add my own reasoning as to why he might be right:

1. Dak started on a roll but really came back to earth with a sophomore slump, and the league now knows how to force him into getting rattled.

2. Wentz might...MIGHT...be under strict instructions to get rid of the ball, and not to run (knee risk wise).

3.  Rodgers just doesn't have the supporting cast he's enjoyed the past decade.

-

Now compare all that to the loaded team Ryan's bringing this year!!

Steve Martin GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

 

That's along the lines of some of what he was saying. Says Zeke gunna get popped for his laundry list. 

Wentz might not even be available. 

And spot on with a rod. No supporting cast like the past.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/1/2018 at 10:59 PM, Gbpack10 said:

Rodgers out dueled Ryan before in the playoffs and worse than the whooping we took.

Ohh I remember...just before the half, Ryan threw an out to Roddy...tramon williams cut it and took it back for a pick six as time expired making the game 28-14 instead of a possible 21-21......Game over

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/1/2018 at 10:59 PM, Gbpack10 said:

Rodgers out dueled Ryan before in the playoffs and worse than the whooping we took.

True, but you've had three whooping in a row. It's not what you did once upon a time, now is what matters.

The Falcons are just a better all around team right now than the Packers.

I'm not sure why the media is ovethyping the Pack right now, they'll be good, but not on the Falcons level.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/1/2018 at 10:44 PM, Gbpack10 said:

I know but I honestly think we could have beaten the Pats had we made it.

I enjoy your banter, but I am not sure I agree with you on this point. You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

On the surface, the Pats looked ugly and beatable in the first half. So, I can see why you would say that. However, part of the reason they looked so beatable in the first half is that our defense got off the field almost every time they earned a possession down. I'm not sure the Pack's defense would have been able to do that at that point in the season (injuries, etc.). Additionally, Quinn has made them look human a few times in two different uniforms.  The one first half drive we did struggle to stop, due to 3 defensive contact fouls, ended with a pick six that was clearly a result of the game plan that Quinn had installed to counter all of the Pats "rub" (crossing) routes. 

For the Pack's part,  I think you would have needed more talent/depth on the defensive side of the ball. TB12 would have probably scored more 1st half points and put your offense in a position to have to pass early and often. They would have got enough blitzes home vs. the Pack's o line to make it a long game. I honestly think it would have looked a lot like the NFCCG from the Packers point of view. The Packers are a great team and a great organization, but they were largely a collection of the walking wounded that post season. 

On to this year's game. The traditional wisdom is that all of Atlanta's recent wins have been in Atlanta. Hence, AR harping on the need to earn home playoff games after getting embarrassed in Atlanta in the Playoffs. Therefore, the Packs will easily beat  "Dome" (retractable roof) team late in the season. Should the weather be cold or nasty, the Falcons will fold. The problem with that is that the Falcons are slowly shifting to a team that is defense first. Almost every one agrees that the Falcons are building an elite defense, the only question is, "When will they jell?" Defense travels well in the NFL. Therefore, the Falcons chance of winning in GB in the back half of the season will come down to the maturity of the defense. If the defense takes another step forward and moves from a top 10 defense to a top 5 defense, I like our chances anywhere, in any conditions, against any opponent.

On how to beat Atlanta's defense in general; it is build on speed. The type of team I fear is a power running team that can force the team to sub out some of its defensive speed on early downs and then take advantage of play action against more run stuffers. I don't see GB as being able to put that type of offensive package out there...yet. Eagles in week 1 will try. That will be our test. If they succeed, we will see a lot of ground and pound all season long. If Atlanta can stuff that first down run...team's will just scratch their heads and pray for the helmet rule to save them. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, falcndave said:

I enjoy your banter, but I am not sure I agree with you on this point. You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

On the surface, the Pats looked ugly and beatable in the first half. So, I can see why you would say that. However, part of the reason they looked so beatable in the first half is that our defense got off the field almost every time they earned a possession down. I'm not sure the Pack's defense would have been able to do that at that point in the season (injuries, etc.). Additionally, Quinn has made them look human a few times in two different uniforms.  The one first half drive we did struggle to stop, due to 3 defensive contact fouls, ended with a pick six that was clearly a result of the game plan that Quinn had installed to counter all of the Pats "rub" (crossing) routes. 

For the Pack's part,  I think you would have needed more talent/depth on the defensive side of the ball. TB12 would have probably scored more 1st half points and put your offense in a position to have to pass early and often. They would have got enough blitzes home vs. the Pack's o line to make it a long game. I honestly think it would have looked a lot like the NFCCG from the Packers point of view. The Packers are a great team and a great organization, but they were largely a collection of the walking wounded that post season. 

On to this year's game. The traditional wisdom is that all of Atlanta's recent wins have been in Atlanta. Hence, AR harping on the need to earn home playoff games after getting embarrassed in Atlanta in the Playoffs. Therefore, the Packs will easily beat  "Dome" (retractable roof) team late in the season. Should the weather be cold or nasty, the Falcons will fold. The problem with that is that the Falcons are slowly shifting to a team that is defense first. Almost every one agrees that the Falcons are building an elite defense, the only question is, "When will they jell?" Defense travels well in the NFL. Therefore, the Falcons chance of winning in GB in the back half of the season will come down to the maturity of the defense. If the defense takes another step forward and moves from a top 10 defense to a top 5 defense, I like our chances anywhere, in any conditions, against any opponent.

On how to beat Atlanta's defense in general; it is build on speed. The type of team I fear is a power running team that can force the team to sub out some of its defensive speed on early downs and then take advantage of play action against more run stuffers. I don't see GB as being able to put that type of offensive package out there...yet. Eagles in week 1 will try. That will be our test. If they succeed, we will see a lot of ground and pound all season long. If Atlanta can stuff that first down run...team's will just scratch their heads and pray for the helmet rule to save them. 

A+ post. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, falcndave said:

I enjoy your banter, but I am not sure I agree with you on this point. You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

On the surface, the Pats looked ugly and beatable in the first half. So, I can see why you would say that. However, part of the reason they looked so beatable in the first half is that our defense got off the field almost every time they earned a possession down. I'm not sure the Pack's defense would have been able to do that at that point in the season (injuries, etc.). Additionally, Quinn has made them look human a few times in two different uniforms.  The one first half drive we did struggle to stop, due to 3 defensive contact fouls, ended with a pick six that was clearly a result of the game plan that Quinn had installed to counter all of the Pats "rub" (crossing) routes. 

For the Pack's part,  I think you would have needed more talent/depth on the defensive side of the ball. TB12 would have probably scored more 1st half points and put your offense in a position to have to pass early and often. They would have got enough blitzes home vs. the Pack's o line to make it a long game. I honestly think it would have looked a lot like the NFCCG from the Packers point of view. The Packers are a great team and a great organization, but they were largely a collection of the walking wounded that post season. 

On to this year's game. The traditional wisdom is that all of Atlanta's recent wins have been in Atlanta. Hence, AR harping on the need to earn home playoff games after getting embarrassed in Atlanta in the Playoffs. Therefore, the Packs will easily beat  "Dome" (retractable roof) team late in the season. Should the weather be cold or nasty, the Falcons will fold. The problem with that is that the Falcons are slowly shifting to a team that is defense first. Almost every one agrees that the Falcons are building an elite defense, the only question is, "When will they jell?" Defense travels well in the NFL. Therefore, the Falcons chance of winning in GB in the back half of the season will come down to the maturity of the defense. If the defense takes another step forward and moves from a top 10 defense to a top 5 defense, I like our chances anywhere, in any conditions, against any opponent.

On how to beat Atlanta's defense in general; it is build on speed. The type of team I fear is a power running team that can force the team to sub out some of its defensive speed on early downs and then take advantage of play action against more run stuffers. I don't see GB as being able to put that type of offensive package out there...yet. Eagles in week 1 will try. That will be our test. If they succeed, we will see a lot of ground and pound all season long. If Atlanta can stuff that first down run...team's will just scratch their heads and pray for the helmet rule to save them. 

beautiful post, which is why we looked so bad against the eagles in 2016 on our superbowl run. they ran the ball right down our throat without mercy. I dont see the pack able to do that. maybe the cowboys if elliot stays out of trouble. I would also fear the rams some but much like kyle I feal like sean will abandon the run and gurley and get pass happy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/2/2018 at 0:01 AM, PokerSteve said:

That's true, but the Matt Ryan of old has learned and matured, and he's way better now, unfortunately for you guys.

You all have zero chance. Sorry. But you had your days in the sunshine. Like the old saying, every dog has his day, and now it just so happens it's our day.

the two words that come to mind instantly for me?

Buzz  Saw

:ninja::lol::lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2018 at 6:43 PM, octoslash said:

Not a crazy theory from cowturd at all in my opinion. 

I don't listen to him, but I can add my own reasoning as to why he might be right:

1. Dak started on a roll but really came back to earth with a sophomore slump, and the league now knows how to force him into getting rattled.

2. Wentz might...MIGHT...be under strict instructions to get rid of the ball, and not to run (knee risk wise).

3.  Rodgers just doesn't have the supporting cast he's enjoyed the past decade.

-

Now compare all that to the loaded team Ryan's bringing this year!!

Steve Martin GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

 

Off topic but little trivia

 

Steve Bartkowski’s wife Sandy dated Steve Martin briefly before she met Bart. They’re still good friend from what her cousin told me.

Edited by Godzilla1985
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...