Nice piece on Ridley

TheFatboi

Dont know if this was posted but I ran across it and thought it was interesting. It echoes some of the sentiments I feel about Ridley and what he will bring to the offense. We’re in a very unique situation because even tho Julio has two guys watching him at all times if Calvin makes an immediate impact it won’t be so easy to double Julio and Matt will have games where he can’t miss because the defense is helpless. Most teams only have ONE Good corner. A few Two like us. And usually that 3rd one is gonna get it. With us basically having 3 #1 wr’s that 3rd guy is gonna get it. Especially if Sark gets the pre snap movement back on track. Watch out falcons fans. Get ready for the ride!! 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless Ridley ends up a blindsided bust, I really can’t see how this guy not only has an immediate impact but seriously makes a run at rookie of the year honors for two reasons:

1) since DQ came aboard, this F.O. has been hitting homeruns in the draft so they have to be great at scouting

and

2) Julio is on the other side

8 minutes ago, The Vent King said:

Unless Ridley ends up a blindsided bust, I really can’t see how this guy not only has an immediate impact but seriously makes a run at rookie of the year honors for two reasons:

1) since DQ came aboard, this F.O. has been hitting homeruns in the draft so they have to be great at scouting

and

2) Julio is on the other side

Facts. And sometimes on the same side with Julio. That’ll be super scary on a safety. Who do you take?? Think qu...Too Late!! TD!! 

Roll Tide! One thing I wasn't looking forward to was the Patriots taking Ridley, or some other team I hate. Not being able to enjoy someone with this special talent. Ridley is more than just speed, he's weird. Hard to explain the guy but you will love him as much as I have the past few years.

7 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Roll Tide! One thing I wasn't looking forward to was the Patriots taking Ridley, or some other team I hate. Not being able to enjoy someone with this special talent. Ridley is more than just speed, he's weird. Hard to explain the guy but you will love him as much as I have the past few years.

He seems like he just knows how to get open. Reminds me of Antonio Brown and Marvin Harrison. Every time I watched him play in college, it felt like he was open every play. And he didn’t have the best QB’s throwing to him all that often. If he had, he probably would have been a top 10 pick 

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

He seems like he just knows how to get open. Reminds me of Antonio Brown and Marvin Harrison. Every time I watched him play in college, it felt like he was open every play. And he didn’t have the best QB’s throwing to him all that often. If he had, he probably would have been a top 10 pick 

OBJ for me. Comes off the line like he was shot from a cannon. Instant stress on a defender. 

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

That's an understatement. Most of our QB's he had were garbage. The receivers make our passing attack as the safeties make our pass defense.

1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

OBJ for me. Comes off the line like he was shot from a cannon. Instant stress on a defender. 

Yes, but I think he might be a better route runner than OBJ. Kind of why I compared him to Harrison and AB. They don’t have to make the WOW catches because they can’t be covered. 

Just now, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yes, but I think he might be a better route runner than OBJ. Kind of why I compared him to Harrison and AB. They don’t have to make the WOW catches because they can’t be covered. 

OBJ is a decent route runner himself. He gets wide open too. My comparison to OBJ comes from how they both run the deep post. They both kill it. 

Just now, Beef said:

They kept mentioning Ridley playing the slot, but that's incorrect.  He may get a few snaps in the slot, but 80-85% will be outside.

Sanu is our slot receiver.

I think they will play both. Sanu will def be in the slot on 3rd Downs. 

Just now, TheFatboi said:

OBJ is a decent route runner himself. He gets wide open too. My comparison to OBJ comes from how they both run the deep post. They both kill it. 

You are right. And OBJ is pretty **** good at basically everything. His personality is his Achilles heal. I’m still in disbelief on how Ridley fell to us. He’s such a polished player. It’s not very often that receivers are NFL ready as rookies. I think he’s an instant contributor  

1 minute ago, TheFatboi said:

I think they will play both. Sanu will def be in the slot on 3rd Downs. 

They need to protect Ridley.  He doesn't need to be hit by safeties and LB's crossing the middle.  They'll break him in half.

He's going to be outside the VAST majority of the time.

31 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Facts. And sometimes on the same side with Julio. That’ll be super scary on a safety. Who do you take?? Think qu...Too Late!! TD!! 

Two? How about  three? Julio, Sanu and Ridley  on the same side, with a new and improved Saubert on the other side and Free/Cole train in the back field. 

Man, if the lines hold up, going to be a really fun year.

17 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Na, no need to explain. I don't watch a ton of college football so I didn't even know who Ridley was up until we drafted him.   After watching some of his tape, I said I expect Ridley to be wide open and I mean almost looks like busted coverage open (because Julio is on the field).  He was breaking guys off as the biggest threat on the field in college.  Now, he can eat (gorge himself) while Jones is the biggest threat on the field.  "Watch the tape" is all that needs to be said about Calvin.

Just now, ltstorm2 said:

Na, no need to explain. I don't watch a ton of college football so I didn't even know who Ridley was up until we drafted him.   After watching some of his tape, I said I expect Ridley to be wide open and I mean almost looks like busted coverage open (because Julio is on the field).  He was breaking guys off as the biggest threat on the field in college.  Now, he can eat (gorge himself) while Jones is the biggest threat on the field.  "Watch the tape" is all that needs to be said about Calvin.

Truth. I hear people talking about highlights being no good. I watched this man a lot. He was the passing attack. Those highlights are real. That was common stuff.

4 minutes ago, Beef said:

They need to protect Ridley.  He doesn't need to be hit by safeties and LB's crossing the middle.  They'll break him in half.

He's going to be outside the VAST majority of the time.

His change of direction is just tooooooo valuable to only have him play outside or mostly outside.