Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Falcons Fan MVP

Do Falcons players and Saints players hate each other in real life?

50 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Lol neither can I. I have fun with rivalry fans. I don't get personal or angry.

I enjoy the **** talk. **** I hate falcon fans more than I should. Mostly because of the arrogance and cockiness. Rival and around the league fans that I know personally are no where near falcon fan levels. 

RING OF HONOR likes this

1 minute ago, ya_boi_j said:

I enjoy the **** talk. **** I hate falcon fans more than I should. Mostly because of the arrogance and cockiness. Rival and around the league fans that I know personally are no where near falcon fan levels. 

Up in the NW, surrounded by Seahawks fans. They are worse than us. I promise

ratesforless and RING OF HONOR like this

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Up in the NW, surrounded by Seahawks fans. They are worse than us. I promise

These fools I know act like the falcons have won 10 Super Bowls. Every time they get on a roll I just sit there like “man sit yo dumb *** down” then they turn to me when they get cornered looking for help with their argument. I just sit back and say “that ain’t got **** to do with me. “ funniest reactions ever following that lol

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

These fools I know act like the falcons have won 10 Super Bowls. Every time they get on a roll I just sit there like “man sit yo dumb *** down” then they turn to me when they get cornered looking for help with their argument. I just sit back and say “that ain’t got **** to do with me. “ funniest reactions ever following that lol

I went to the Falcons and Saints game in 2016 at home. (The final dome game) and I had actually had a great time with the Saints fans. Granted, I was sitting in the 10th row and usually that's when you'll have nicer, more classy fans. But still, they were funny and chill. One guy bought me 2 beers during the game. They're football fans, just like us. 

ya_boi_j likes this

I want to believe they don't.  Like if they see each other in a bar or club, they can sit down and shoot the breeze.  But then I see how heated they get on the field.  We all see and love the fights breaking out (as long as the Falcons don't get the flag), and I am not so sure.  Maybe they can quarantine those attitudes to the field, but I am not sure I could. 

2 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I went to the Falcons and Saints game in 2016 at home. (The final dome game) and I had actually had a great time with the Saints fans. Granted, I was sitting in the 10th row and usually that's when you'll have nicer, more classy fans. But still, they were funny and chill. One guy bought me 2 beers during the game. They're football fans, just like us. 

Yeah same here. I was at a panthers game a few years back and me and dude just talked the entire time. You get some wild ones but mostly they know how to act. I think some browns fans are the worst I’ve ever seen but they honestly looked trashy as ****. We’re really looking for an argument. All loud and cussing like kids weren’t around

JD dirtybird21 likes this

It depends on the player.  The first player I think of is when Greg Hardy tried to fight Matt Bryant after a game. 

I think it's just mostly fans stirring up the 'hate' because it makes them feel like they're more involved than they actually are.  Makes them feel like they're part of the team. 

Sort of like when some celebrity drills his car into a tree or something, and hundreds of strangers show up to place flowers under the tree and cry for the cameras.   Nobodies always want to put on a display of being close to the tragedy, it gets their faces on the tube. 

Don't get me wrong.  I hate the Saints but only in a competition way.  If I truly had 'hatred' in my heart for them, I'd load up the truck,  go down there and do something about it.   

But I figure living in Stinktown is punishment enough for those swampturds.  LOL 

papachaz, ya_boi_j and birdsnflight like this

6 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I have an interesting question. I was wondering do Falcons and Saints players hate each other in real life? And to what extent. Obviously the fans hate each other. Matt Ryan said its more the fans that hate each other than the players in an interview. But last year when Sean Peyton did the choke sign to Devonta Freeman that looked like some hate. I would imagine a lot of Falcons players and coaches don't think too highly of Sean Payton now. I actually see more tension between the Falcons and Carolina players. Do you guys think the players hate each other in real life? And which players do you think hate the Saints and Panthers the most and vice versa?

Actually, some of my best friends are Saints fans. I actually graduated from Loyola University, New Orleans. I was a long time NoLA resident, yet always remained a Falcons’ fan. One of my l9ng time Saint fan real life friend of many many years lurks on this mb. Now when the season rolls aroun there is no mercy. 

7 hours ago, Doug Carlton said:

The Bucs players don't like Freeman because he pays for his own shoes and crab-legs

The Panties players don't like Ryan because he stayed for the entire interview after the SB loss to the Patriots

The Aints players don't like Deion Jones and call him "Spicy Chili" cause he always "tear that @$$ up

this one wins!

ratesforless likes this

Everyone knows that Heath Evans is one of the very few idiot current/ex-players that truly believes in the rivalry hate hype.

I remember an interview where Brees said that he had nothing but high praise and respect for Ryan. 

I think Vic gotta real problem with Cam lol...

our whole defense seem to have a little extra oomph when playing Panthers...that's probably just Cam always talking his talk though.

1 hour ago, Wjcorner said:

I think Vic gotta real problem with Cam lol...

our whole defense seem to have a little extra oomph when playing Panthers...that's probably just Cam always talking his talk though.

I think it's because Cam seems to showboat and the type to rub it in opposing defender's faces whenever he makes a positive play more constantly than most.

Stuff like that tend to strike nerves in the heat of competition.

ya_boi_j likes this

7 hours ago, MSalmon said:

Actually, some of my best friends are Saints fans. I actually graduated from Loyola University, New Orleans. I was a long time NoLA resident, yet always remained a Falcons’ fan. One of my l9ng time Saint fan real life friend of many many years lurks on this mb. Now when the season rolls aroun there is no mercy. 

Plus Morten Andersen came here from the Saints.

15 hours ago, octoslash said:

I think it's just mostly fans stirring up the 'hate' because it makes them feel like they're more involved than they actually are.  Makes them feel like they're part of the team. 

Sort of like when some celebrity drills his car into a tree or something, and hundreds of strangers show up to place flowers under the tree and cry for the cameras.   Nobodies always want to put on a display of being close to the tragedy, it gets their faces on the tube. 

Don't get me wrong.  I hate the Saints but only in a competition way.  If I truly had 'hatred' in my heart for them, I'd load up the truck,  go down there and do something about it.   

But I figure living in Stinktown is punishment enough for those swampturds.  LOL 

That pretty much sums it up

18 hours ago, j105 said:

I would draw a parallel to politics here. This is like asking if Democrats and Republicans hate each other. Sure, there are extremists on both sides but for the most part people are civil and live with each other. 

As far as the players though.....definitely some hate there. I feel like you probably have to. You want to give your all when playing a rival. 

World be better if that was true, not sure if this has been true since the mid 90's

Nah, they're all rich and just play up the rivalry to keep the fans lathered up.  The only real beef may be between Ryan and that guy that late-hit him in the ribs.

I don't think it's that serious. You have to think that this is a business and that if some of our guys (or theirs) gets cut they may have a good opportunity to play for the rival along with anywhere else so it may be best to stay humble and keep their feelings to themselves about them even if they don't like that rival team. The hate is among the fans. We created that. At the end of games you see them shaking hands and chatting it up. They're getting paid. I've seen ONE guy who played for the Falcons who absolutely said that he had something against the Saints and that's Osi Umenyiora. That game where at the end of the 4th quarter he picked the fumble up and ran it back for a TD(and waved goodbye to the Saints players and fans in the process lol) instead of just taking a dive because he said that the Saints were cocky and full of mouth and they deserved it. By the way, I loved every bit of that moment Osi... thanks lol.

Graham doesn't like us for certain. Started talking ish about how he 'owned ATL" during our playoff win against the Seahawks. Peyton is a prick to everybody no matter what the situation.

Quinn doesn't seem to like the Panthers every since 2015 when they were whooping us and started taking pictures of themselves on the sidelines like the game wasn't even a big deal. Bit'em in the rear too because we're the only team they lost to in the regular during there undefeated streak and SB run/lost.

Don't think Tampa players has anything against us. McCoy and Evans seem like real cool dudes and don't trash talk us much, plus TB has a lot of our former staff.