Falcons Fan MVP

Do Falcons players and Saints players hate each other in real life?

50 posts in this topic

I have an interesting question. I was wondering do Falcons and Saints players hate each other in real life? And to what extent. Obviously the fans hate each other. Matt Ryan said its more the fans that hate each other than the players in an interview. But last year when Sean Peyton did the choke sign to Devonta Freeman that looked like some hate. I would imagine a lot of Falcons players and coaches don't think too highly of Sean Payton now. I actually see more tension between the Falcons and Carolina players. Do you guys think the players hate each other in real life? And which players do you think hate the Saints and Panthers the most and vice versa?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear Cam and Kamara share the same stylist 

If it's like the NBA id bet that the players are tight regardless. 

There is a mutual admiration of athletes similar to soccer with players exchanging jerseys. 

Edited by VTCrunkler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Carolina players don't like Ryan because he refuses to floss his teeth on national TV and can pick out his own clothes.

The Saints fans don't like Ryan because there is a very good chance they are going to lose a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I have an interesting question. I was wondering do Falcons and Saints players hate each other in real life? And to what extent. Obviously the fans hate each other. Matt Ryan said its more the fans that hate each other than the players in an interview. But last year when Sean Peyton did the choke sign to Devonta Freeman that looked like some hate. I would imagine a lot of Falcons players and coaches don't think too highly of Sean Payton now. I actually see more tension between the Falcons and Carolina players. Do you guys think the players hate each other in real life? And which players do you think hate the Saints and Panthers the most and vice versa?

It’s just intense competition, nothing personal. There is still respect from both sides 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I doubt that the players hate each other, but that teams as a whole don't like each other. I strongly believe that they get caught up in the rivalry whereas they want to win at all cost, and love having the bragging rights. I think the rivalries have all teams wanting to humiliate the other in terms of what the score of the game is. I also think that losing to a rival is especially painful, and distasteful. It's not about hate, but about beating the teams that you see the most and know better than any other team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say Georgia natives or Louisiana natives on the Falcons or Saints roster depending on their background and/or where they went to college. For any player regardless of where you're from, if you're able to stay on the Falcons roster for years and grow with the fans, the coaching staff, manager, and owner, then of course you're going to grow hate for the opposing rival in your division you play twice a year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fans are usually how rivalries start and grow. Players never take it personal, its a business and all they are concerned about is the money. Fans make more of it than players do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oldmanfan said:

The Carolina players don't like Ryan because he refuses to floss his teeth on national TV and can pick out his own clothes.

The Saints fans don't like Ryan because there is a very good chance they are going to lose a game.

The Bucs players don't like Freeman because he pays for his own shoes and crab-legs

The Panties players don't like Ryan because he stayed for the entire interview after the SB loss to the Patriots

The Aints players don't like Deion Jones and call him "Spicy Chili" cause he always "tear that @$$ up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Nah, most of these guys are all buddies off the field.

actually that’s not necessarily accurate. There may be a couple that are cool but the majority of nfl players don’t know each other personally. Especially if you’ve been with one team for most of your career. If they are friends it’s usually from school. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No. Rivalries aren’t taken personally USUALLY and most don’t hate rival players. But there are a few that DO absolutely hate certain players in real life. And it’s absolutely because of the rivalry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

actually that’s not necessarily accurate. There may be a couple that are cool but the majority of nfl players don’t know each other personally. Especially if you’ve been with one team for most of your career. If they are friends it’s usually from school. 

I just mean they are friendly with each other.  What is on the field is entertainment and for the most part it stays there.  There are some notable exceptions.  I don't think we'll find Michael Crabtree and Aqib Talib hanging out socially.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Lol **** no. Only fans take it that serious

It’s a few players that actually do hate a rival player. I’ve heard some stories outside of the ones that we publicly know like players hate for Hines Ward that don’t get out lol. But yea usually there’s a lot of respect for rival players. Most if the actual hate is from fans. And I don’t even understand that lol. I hate playing the saints but I don’t hate any of their players. I never understood how fans take that so personal. Especially when it comes to Cam or Warren Sapp. I WANTED Sapp. Never hated him because he was a beast. 

ya_boi_j likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

It’s a few players that actually do hate a rival player. I’ve heard some stories outside of the ones that we publicly know like players hate for Hines Ward that don’t get out lol. But yea usually there’s a lot of respect for rival players. 

I mean yea some players hate each other(we’re human beings lol) but overall there’s a mutual respect on each side. 

JD dirtybird21, TheFatboi and Vandy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I mean yea some players hate each other(we’re human beings lol) but overall there’s a mutual respect on each side. 

Facts 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just want any player, no matter who they are, to think for themselves.  Not fall into weak minded group think or act a certain way because it just ain't cool to go against the established nonsense.  

I know there is a hatred between these two teams & you can see it on the field when they play.  I love it.  I too can't stand those sorry *** saints.  

Off the field, I think helping the needy or doing whatever is fine. You don't have to like someone to help them raise money for charities.

Everyone is their own man & shouldn't be forced into any category of thinking.  I will say whatever I believe the truth is & expect players to do the same.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would draw a parallel to politics here. This is like asking if Democrats and Republicans hate each other. Sure, there are extremists on both sides but for the most part people are civil and live with each other. 

As far as the players though.....definitely some hate there. I feel like you probably have to. You want to give your all when playing a rival. 

HASHBROWN3 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know Cam Jordan and Jimmy Graham (no longer with saints of course) don't like anything about the Falcons.  Crump used to hate the saints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kinda like when you play your wife in golf, bowling, tennis, cards, etc, you want to slap the ***** down but still want the booty in bed. That sort of thing! I guess! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

And it's pretty serious. If you are associated with the Saints, you are obviously a bad person and deserve to be executed. Family too.

Lol. To each his own. I just can’t get with that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

I know Cam Jordan and Jimmy Graham (no longer with saints of course) don't like anything about the Falcons.  Crump used to hate the saints.

Even more reason to like crump

ratesforless likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now