Matt Ryan calls 2018 Falcons the best team he’s ever had

falconidae

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, falconidae said:

LOL I already know this, but this has nothing to do with my point. I get that the Falcons are contenders this year, I brought it up on my first post in the first or second page, and this is not a Literature or Technical Writing class, this is the Falcons forums. I can try to space my sentences out to make it easier for people to read but most of the time I don't have time to proofread and revise just to get a post off. 

Then people are going to keep ignoring what you write. May not be a technical writing class, but your posts are basically incoherent the way you write them now. Not trying to be the grammar police  so much as trying to get you to write intelligible posts. Won't comment on this again, just  trying to get you to understand that the good ideas in your posts aren't being read because of  how you construct your posts.

20 hours ago, falconidae said:

Thing is, don't think Ryan has ever said that, he's said things like, "Really love this group of guys" , but not best team he's been on. If I'm wrong about Ryan never saying that, I'm sure someone  here will gently show me the error of my ways.

Yea he's not a bull****ter

He won't outright say "these guys suck" but he will let you know

When I met him last (2014) he said "I hope they're gonna do well" with a solemn face when I asked if he thought his OL was gonna be better that year

So...

5 hours ago, mqg96 said:

LOL I already know this, but this has nothing to do with my point. I get that the Falcons are contenders this year, I brought it up on my first post in the first or second page, and this is not a Literature or Technical Writing class, this is the Falcons forums. I can try to space my sentences out to make it easier for people to read but most of the time I don't have time to proofread and revise just to get a post off. 

Falconidae is just kindly telling you the truth. I read every post in this thread but when I go to yours, I skipped it. When he reposted it using some spacing ... I read it an enjoyed what you had to say. The thing is, if it is a wall of text, people will skip it and never know if it was worth reading or not. Just an encouragement to you because your content is good.

2 minutes ago, don00045 said:

Falconidae is just kindly telling you the truth. I read every post in this thread but when I go to yours, I skipped it. When he reposted it using some spacing ... I read it an enjoyed what you had to say. The thing is, if it is a wall of text, people will skip it and never know if it was worth reading or not. Just an encouragement to you because your content is good.

5 hours ago, mqg96 said:

See, this is my point. People don't read your posts they way you put them together. You got good stuff to say, but it'll keep getting ignored without  a little editing. Just  hitting enter every 3-4 lines would help tremendously.

4 hours ago, don00045 said:

Bruh, I got slapped around a few time before I caught on! Mostly these guys want to read ur stuff to decide if ur a good poster or an idiot like me!! Or god forbid a troll, which I ain’t ! 

• 4 months later...
On 7/29/2018 at 4:37 PM, falconidae said:

Surprised this wasn't posted already. On the Falcoholic, via a tweet from Prisco, who says the same thing.

"Matt Ryan has thrown some lofty praise toward this new iteration of the Atlanta Falcons.

Pete Prisco

Leaving Atlanta thinking this Falcons team might be the best they’ve had — which Matt Ryan thinks as well

To have Prisco say this is the best Falcons team ever is really heartening since he’s always been a empathetic media voice for the organization, but to have Ryan say it is something else entirely.

Ryan has been in Atlanta for quite some time (this is his eleventh season, believe it or not), and he has been on some talented teams (the 2010, 2012 and 2016 teams come to mind as his best). We’ve all been putting a lot into the potential 2018 has, and this is just gasoline on the excitement fire. Ryan’s not known for hyperbole, so you know this is coming from a place of confidence in how the roster looks.

The receiving group and secondary in particular do look stunning, and there’s not a single spot on the roster you could consider truly weak. We’ll have to see how the trenches hold up in comparison to some of the more elite groups in the NFL, but they are stout and talented enough to keep the Falcons in every game they play.

Try not to get your hopes up too much that this is just a waltz back to February, but do take heart. This is going to be as exciting a year as the Falcons have had in quite some time, and with Ryan throwing around sentiment like this, the team might be just as in the know as we are as to what the ceiling could be."

Agree with the embiggened part, Ryan doesn't say stuff like this. This could be a special year.

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2018/7/28/17624132/qb-matt-ryan-calls-2018-atlanta-falcons-best-team-hes-had

Didn't hold up worth a dam. Better fix that this off season or risk staying at the bottom of the NFC.

Iron Sharpens Iron. I believe in this principle, and believe it's one of the major telling points on why we continue to suck on both Lines of Scrimmage.

When you have a mediocre O and D-Lines, in practice and camps, they essentially cancel each other out. Having 2 evenly matched yet mediocre units battling it out makes each unit look better than they actually are. Neither unit is getting any better because they arent routinely going up against a high level of competition. If we had a dominant D-Line that consistently ripped our Starting O-line to shreds during OTA's and Pre-Season Camps, it would have highlighted some major issues on the OL. If we had a Dominant OL that rarely allowed any sort of pressure, it would have highlighted some problem areas on the D-Line. We have to get better up front and bring in some guys that will actually benefit from going up against one-another every day.

Takk McKinley aint gonna get any better by going up against Schraeder every day, and Senat aint gonna get much better by going Up against whatever turd of a guard we put in front of him on any given day.

Edited by RubberDucky

5 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Funny how much things can change in just a few months...lol.  

Coaching failed this team miserably. The talent is there. The coaching is not. This is one of the worst coaching jobs I have ever seen. This is June Jones 1996 level bad. Never thought I'd have to witness such horrification ever again!

34 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Coaching failed this team miserably. The talent is there. The coaching is not. This is one of the worst coaching jobs I have ever seen. This is June Jones 1996 level bad. Never thought I'd have to witness such horrification ever again!

Funny how Prisco singles out the secondary, calling it stunning.  Despite the injuries at safety, our 2 veteran outside corners were below average to bad most of the year.  Wish I could have seen less stink & more stunning.

Edited by Falconsin2012

33 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

And Blank is not pleased--no matter what he says.

Off season will be interesting.

6 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I remember ol June Jones lol. Him and Jeff George arguing like an old married couple on the sidelines. 

What should a team leader say at the beginning of a season?  Should he say the team is terrible and has no chance of winning the Superbowl?  If a young player like Ridley or Hooper or Ito heard his QB say that 2018 is going to be a meaningless year, that player would probably see no point in trying to win any games or put the team's success above one's individual success.

The Falcons were rated highly at the end of last season even though they did not make the Superbowl and had no major subtractions initially to think they would not still be.  So, 2018-19 looked very positive.  However, unpredictable injuries definitely had an immediate negative impact combined with player years below expectation/prior history (Beasley, Schraeder, Alford, etc.) and coaching inabilities standing out.

1 hour ago, jlrfalcon said:

What should a team leader say at the beginning of a season?  Should he say the team is terrible and has no chance of winning the Superbowl?  If a young player like Ridley or Hooper or Ito heard his QB say that 2018 is going to be a meaningless year, that player would probably see no point in trying to win any games or put the team's success above one's individual success.

The Falcons were rated highly at the end of last season even though they did not make the Superbowl and had no major subtractions initially to think they would not still be.  So, 2018-19 looked very positive.  However, unpredictable injuries definitely had an immediate negative impact combined with player years below expectation/prior history (Beasley, Schraeder, Alford, etc.) and coaching inabilities standing out.

I don't think anybody is knocking Ryan for making those comments. Most here were expecting the Falcons to compete for a Super Bowl this season (myself included). Then the injuries started piling up, veteran players declined, and we found out what we really had at the coaching positions. The silver lining to this season is that the 2018 draft is looking like a slam dunk, the coaching staff seems to have found the perfect role for Beasley, we got Bruce Irvin, and Kazee's emergence. If nothing else, it was a good learning experience and the team should be better prepared to compete for a title next season knowing where all the weaknesses truly are (trenches and coaching).