atljbo

6'2 230lbs Foye Oluokun

99 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I mean I wouldn’t know. Only thing I know is that when the regular season hit last year, Duke folded. What you’re talking about isn’t even close to being a thought in my mind considering that is at least 2 years away

I guess that's what the Front Office is for

2 hours ago, YoungHeezy said:

Devonta was having his way with Foye in those 1v1 drills. Devonta was maxing out everyone 

I think Dre gets slept on. We have so mutch talent on this team.

21 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Foye definitely has the numbers but is he really a baller. I honestly think it’s Dukes job to lose. He definitely has to work on his tackling. If he can finish the play I think he gets the nod. Don’t know if I trust him in coverage though. 

Honestly, does it matter? We rotate a lot, and still need STs help. Plus Foye has a SS background. This is a good problem to have

Tim Mazetti likes this

15 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Honestly, does it matter? We rotate a lot, and still need STs help. Plus Foye has a SS background. This is a good problem to have

I thought it was a legit question but I guess I was wrong

20 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I mean I wouldn’t know. Only thing I know is that when the regular season hit last year, Duke folded. What you’re talking about isn’t even close to being a thought in my mind considering that is at least 2 years away

Yep!

ya_boi_j likes this

23 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Normally I have problems with guys who play against lesser comp in college but it seems every year there’s a few who prove wrong. I hope it’s the case with Foye

That's the thing. I wonder if Foye is going to instinctively take that first step toward the ball or wait for the opponent to make a move. I also want to see how he reacts to getting crunk for the first time by a Marshawn Lynch type of bruiser. Will he get up and shake it off or will it stay in the back of his head for a game or so? The competition is bigger and faster and stronger than anything he's faced in the Ivy League. Personally, I think he's going to be fine. The preseason is going to be uber important for him to figure out the speed of the game.

ya_boi_j likes this

On 7/29/2018 at 0:33 PM, atljbo said:

Coach Quinn was just on the NFL Network during there coverage of our practice... Coach Said Foye was an under the radar guy to keep your eye on.... He said Foye played Safety, Slot CB and LB in college... That he is big, fast as heck and physical

This is something i post about Foye a couple of days ago

Wow, Oluokon beat Campbell in EVERY category!!!  Of course, that's not the tell-all about a player, but it's a good start.  I hope Quinn has found another "Diamond in the ruff"! 

If Duke is struggling then we better hope Foye is ready. Or Ish. Otherwise it’s going to ruin our plans at LB for the 2nd straight year. 

Duke needs to get his **** together. See ball, get ball. Keep it simple. 

Our scheme is designed to be easy so guys can play fast. If Duke is getting lost in training camp that’s a really bad sign that the NFL may be too much for him on a mental level. All great athletes don’t make great football players. Duke Better figure it out or find a new hobby. 

On 7/29/2018 at 4:14 PM, falcons007 said:

He may end up as hybrid player like Charles Woodson later in his career. LB, Safety and CB.

On 7/29/2018 at 4:13 PM, Knight of God said:

Foye was in my mocks as a safety

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/is-that-a-lb-or-a-safety-why-hybrid-players-are-part-of-a-growing-nfl-trend/amp/

Knight of God and MSalmon like this

8 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I thought it was a legit question but I guess I was wrong

Lol sure it’s legit. I didn’t know if you realize Foye has a safety background as well

58 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Lol sure it’s legit. I didn’t know if you realize Foye has a safety background as well

I mean if he was competing to play safety then that’s different.