Slappywhite

I love the Falcons , just to make it official.

212 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, papachaz said:

posted this in the update thread, but going to put it here as well. this is the information I got from his sister Christine:

"We are having Dennis's memorial on August 18 @ 1 pm. It will be at Miracle Temple church in Ranger ga. The address is 1318 Taylor Town Rd, Ranger Ga. 30734. Family and friends are coming in starting at 11 am. We are going to have a dinner in Dennis's honor right after. Anyone who would like to bring a covered dish, is welcome to do so. Dennis did not want a funeral service and we are going to respect that so, instead we are having a memorial for him with pictures of his life and have people to say something about him and share stories about him. This is what he wanted. Thank you for your prayers."

she also told me they had another death in the family this week, a cousin....man those of you who pray, keep this family in there for sure!

@Knight of God @Jpowers @SkerFalcon8710 @Vandy  tried to tag the ones he tagged in the original.....

Thank you. I will not be able to make it, but I will send the family my love.

papachaz likes this

Adios Falcon Brother.

We will miss your strength and dedication. You gave it your all... Take a breather man..Be proud and smile knowing your in overtime now and in this period you can play by your own rules!

Passing on is like Getting to Overtime. We get to sit and reflect on our life once and for all. Subjectively. Collect our thoughts and re-lace our Cleats! What we've Learned about ourselves and others is that ultimately we all are the same. Although we all are different we share the same dreams, hopes and cares. We form friendships, enemies and re-imagine ourselves almost daily. One thing through it all remains true..

WE LOVE FOOTBALL and our FALCONS!

Enjoy talking with Bum Phillips, Bill Walsh. ****, toss a ball with Sammy Baugh and chill. The aroma of freshly cut grass in the air. Cool beer in hand. The game you are probably watching Includes Keion, Carpenter snagging an interception while laughing at Todd Christension. Al Davis staring down at that moment shaking his head as he always seemed to do.   Ask Dwight Clark if he was at all nervous on his famous fingertip grab and game winning touchdown that help build a 49er dynasty! 

Frank Gifford is calling the game! Dennis Green stomping around with that mean look on his face but a smile boiling underneath...Watching "the Worlds Fastest Human" Bob Hayes eat up the yards while Craig"IronHead" Heyward Smashes into the end zone..

Speechless...  ENJOY THE EPIC GAME man.. You have earned it..

Farewell.....

Vandy, rounz, Osiruz and 6 others like this

I can’t lie. I actively avoid this thread. He was brave but I don’t think he knows I wasn’t ready to miss him. I’ve been cold for two years. Numb. Losing relatives and some of my very best friends. Suddenly. Dennis taught me a lot, but I’m still hurting. I work a hardcore job so I haven’t had the time to mourn. You guys just don’t know. Slappy and Dennis truly were one in the same. He didn’t hate, judge, or see anything but the game and family. So many things we take for granted. This s season will be bitter sweet no matter what

I always make sure to check in on this thread.  My uncle passed away on July 4 2018.  He had been battling cancer for several years and the month or so before his passing was very painful for him.  I won't go into the details, but, everyone knew his end was near, he left earlier than expected.  I would say that I'm still thinking about it and it still affects me deeply from time to time.

This thread is of course about Slappy, but, my story is to say...

Do take the time to mourn, reflect, honor (or whatever) you need to do whenever the feeling comes up.  This thread is a good place to remember him and help heal others with kind thoughts and memories for a fellow fan and friend.   

Like me, most only knew him from this board, but, the thread shows that everyone is supportive and has good things to say about Slappy.

Vandy and octoslash like this

There are two perfect ways to judge a person's character:

1.  How they treat those who can't do material things for them ( be it money, promotions, politics, etc)...in other words, they're as polite and friendly to the stranger on the street as they are to anyone they love and admire.

2.  How they leave this world.

I bet it's safe to say Slappy handled both with grace and dignity.

capologist, Cheap Talk and Vandy like this

Prayers out to the Fam, I wish him peace and hope we can get the trophy this year. No matter what Slap will be remembered, and that's the best thing anyone can ask for when their time comes. #RiseUpFalconNation #OneForSlappy