Slappywhite

I love the Falcons , just to make it official.

212 posts in this topic

On 7/28/2018 at 5:01 AM, Slappywhite said:

. Thank you , Ya Boi , one of my favorite     posters . I wont give up , not in my DNA, but I hope to make it thru the season , but looks like a long shot , right now , but all can change , I dont want any pity ( its old hat right now )  but I'll take all the  prayers you can muster.

You got it. I admire your acceptance and your courage to face this without blinking. And let me say that after more than 50 years of some pretty serious researching on the subject, I'm a firm believer than we don't just cease to exist after we die.

There is well-documented scientific evidence confirming beyond the scope of any one religion ~ or even whether or not your believe in the possibility ~ there is indeed survival of the spirit in some other place a lot like here, but nicer.

Here's hoping that better place is waiting for you and all of us, brother. Take care. Prayers are on the way.

Now I see why this got pinned.

Sounds like you fought/are fighting the good fight. Here's to hoping you'll see some more games. When you do go, tell my cousin Brian he still owes me $20. He knows why.

Pacific_Falcon likes this

I have been on these boards for several years now, I don't post much but I love to read and talk with my falcon family. Prayers to you and your family brother, hang in there. The falcons will deliver the promised Land this season. Stay strong! 

It's good to be at peace with whatever comes next, but never doubt for a minute that miracles happen................... Every day.   Live long and prosper.  

PokerSteve likes this

How did I just see this thread?!?!

I feel like I got kicked in the stomach, I can't even...

RIP Slappy.  You will be missed.  Wish I could have said goodbye, you were a great man and great fan.  We lost one of our brothers tonight :(

Prayers up for Slappys family and friends.

Vandy, Drew4719, capologist and 5 others like this

Rest In Peace Slappy!

Ill scream a little louder this year just for you and when we finally wIn that Super Bowl I’m going to throw a huge party and celebrate it like I know you and the countless diehard fans out there would.

g-dawg and papachaz like this

On 7/28/2018 at 4:35 AM, Slappywhite said:

Rip slappy, respected you a lot on here.  My prayers are with you and your family!!

This still has me shook.  I am in shock.  I didn't even have a personal relationship with slappy, but going from wondering what PK was referring to when he mentioned "slappy's thread"...to then finding this thread (I previously saw it but thought nothing of it)...to reading his op...to becoming super sad and worried immediately...to frantically going to the last page to see the news.  Ugh.  I'm so sad.

@SkerFalcon8710 @Knight of God is there a gofundme or charity we can donate to for slappy?  I feel awful.

papachaz, capologist and octoslash like this

1 hour ago, athell said:

This still has me shook.  I am in shock.  I didn't even have a personal relationship with slappy, but going from wondering what PK was referring to when he mentioned "slappy's thread"...to then finding this thread (I previously saw it but thought nothing of it)...to reading his op...to becoming super sad and worried immediately...to frantically going to the last page to see the news.  Ugh.  I'm so sad.

@SkerFalcon8710 @Knight of God is there a gofundme or charity we can donate to for slappy?  I feel awful.

I know.

Even though I was not friends with him away from this board, it affected me more than it normally would've, because when I read his original post, the situation sounded very similar to my father's.  It brought memories back that I hadn't relived in a while. 

2009.  My father had fought cancer for over six years.  Radiation finally took such a toll on him that his throat and esophagus were basically burned beyond functioning.  The doctors told him there was no more help they could offer him, and sent him home.  

What happened was the same I imagine that Slappy did.  My dad went home, lied down, and waited for his body to give up.   He couldn't eat or drink  (not that he wanted to)  because of the pain in his throat.  After a few days he went unconscious.  Then after a day or so,  he woke up and was able to speak to everyone one last time.   He seemed almost normal.

We said 'I love you'.  Then the last thing he ever said to me was,  "Alright, I'll see you in a couple days".  He was kind of out of it.  I just said,  "You bet".  Of course I knew better.

Well, the kidneys soon shut down and, along with the morphine the hospice people kept feeding him, that was that. 

(I believe most drawn out deaths like his are actually morphine overdoses rather than actual organ shutdown.  And thank god for the morphine)

PokerSteve, papachaz and Vandy like this