Slappywhite

I love the Falcons , just to make it official.

208 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Prayers defiantely (not a typo)

You're one of the better, kindest, and most fun posters on this board. It's a rare poster that is able to combine just the right amount of optimism, objectivity, and sarcastic wit, and you're among the few who can pull it off and consistently. Here's looking at the Falcons going all out, and you being there to see it.

Go Falcons and stay strong brother

TY HJerry , means a lot coming from you , youre a favorite as well of mine , we've had some lively discussions lol

Edited by Slappywhite

2 hours ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

Prayers up bro. Dont let them fool you....the brotherhood started on AFMB, we just didn't name it. Posts like these and the following posts confirms it for me. 

Ive sure felt the "Brotherhood " today.

Knight of God likes this

Slappy,

I'm another one that doesn't post often, but read regularly... I'm so sorry to hear about your situation... Prayers have gone up for you and your family... Blessings...

PS-Always loved your gravatar? Is that what you call those pictures besides your name?

Slappywhite and Knight of God like this

11 hours ago, Slappywhite said:

Yeah , I guess , I kinda owe you guys a backstory ,  I was diagnosed with liver desease back in 2008, I needed a liver but had a problem , I had cancer , so I spent  the next year in UNMC in Omaha , Ne , and was pronounced dormant, I got put on the midwest Transplant list , but the  cancer came back again only 2 months later, back to USMC , for more chemo, after 6 months of chemo , I had beaten it again , I had been away from home for nearly 5 years , missed my family.  So I transferred back to Ga and on the transplant list , I waited almost 5 years to get a transplant , When I got the transplant , the Drs noted that it was already in rejection , the rejection kept getting worse , despite the treatment , only person I told was @SkerFalcon8710 because he was going thru  cancer of his own , Emory tried to put me on Hospice last year , but I said no , and wasnt ready to give up, My kidneys have now come into play , so theres no more fighting back , They vow to keep me comfortable , they eased the mind of me and my wife , so I know its the right move .   I appreciate you all , for the laughs , the discussions and the freindships Ive built , I dont want any pity , but I'll take each and every prayer , and TY beforehand , The botched transplant , still was blessing in its own way , I got to see 4 more Grandchilden born , I got to see my daughter marry a good man after seeing her heart broken by losing her husband in Iraq , I got to meet you all. 

That's an amazing story bro. You fought as hard as you can. You are a warrior. Enjoy these remaining time with the fam and hope you enjoy the rest of your time. We all praying for you. I dont post a lot but always got love for my fellow falcons fan.

5 hours ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Thanks for putting up those photos Slappy....You have a beautiful family..I dont know if you still here in Ga...but if you need anything brother...hit me up..I dont care if its just to talk..phone or in person..

Much luv..

Thank you ROH , Im still in Calhoun , Ga .  much appreciated alll your kind words 

3 minutes ago, CaliFalcons said:

That's an amazing story bro. You fought as hard as you can. You are a warrior. Enjoy these remaining time with the fam and hope you enjoy the rest of your time. We all praying for you. I dont post a lot but always got love for my fellow falcons fan.

Thanks Cali, means so much all this support and love , goes a long way . in Brotherhood  

Knight of God and CaliFalcons like this

19 hours ago, Slappywhite said:

Hey Guys, just got back home from Emory Hospital after a week long visit. I'm afraid the news is not very good . They've deemed me incurable ,  my liver is shot and my kidneys are following suit. I've been sent home to finish up my life on Hospice , theyre job is too keep me comfortable.  I wanted to take this time to say Thank you . to each and every one of y'all, our discussions and rants kept me entertained since the noicsseason , had I known about this page , I would have been here sooner, I wanna say a special Thanks to the people Ive gotten closer too @SkerFalcon8710, @Knight of God, @James Powers  and a cpl freinds that , I cant remember their nics on here, but we've become FB freinds   Maria McDuffie and Charlndes Soles . Ive met so msny nice people on here , I cant namer a em all. @Vandy,

Emmitt , thanks for all the laighs , Paytons Forehead , for all the knowledge , Just thank you all, , I appreciate you , And Go Falcons !!!!!!

:( NOOOO!!!! 

51 minutes ago, Slappywhite said:

Thank you ROH , Im still in Calhoun , Ga .  much appreciated alll your kind words 

Firstly thoughts are with you and your family I know you have fought a long time..I wish u nothing but peace and comfort the rest of your days..I'll be praying for a miracle and renewal of your strength.my brother stays in Chatsworth not far from u at all.

papachaz and Knight of God like this