Slappywhite

I love the Falcons , just to make it official.

212 posts in this topic

Dennis hang in there

I want to share with you a personal story involving my family. My mother was diagnosed with heart failure years ago last year she went into rapid decline. Her doctor personally called me at home and told me they’ve done all they could and she only had weeks and had made arrangements for hospice. 

I thought this was the end but boy was I wrong everyone thinks when they hear hospice thats it. 

Not true at all today my mother is thriving and her vitals are better than mine  and getting stronger over a year later. She is spoiled rotten by the hospice team. Statistics show survival rates skyrocket using their service and she is living proof.

The doctors were wrong and now I have my mom back good luck brother I’ve got a feeling you have a lot of road left and God Bless You.

6 hours ago, Slappywhite said:

Hey Guys, just got back home from Emory Hospital after a week long visit. I'm afraid the news is not very good . They've deemed me incurable ,  my liver is shot and my kidneys are following suit. I've been sent home to finish up my life on Hospice , theyre job is too keep me comfortable.  I wanted to take this time to say Thank you . to each and every one of y'all, our discussions and rants kept me entertained since the noicsseason , had I known about this page , I would have been here sooner, I wanna say a special Thanks to the people Ive gotten closer too @SkerFalcon8710, @Knight of God, @James Powers  and a cpl freinds that , I cant remember their nics on here, but we've become FB freinds   Maria McDuffie and Charlndes Soles . Ive met so msny nice people on here , I cant namer a em all. @Vandy,

Emmitt , thanks for all the laighs , Paytons Forehead , for all the knowledge , Just thank you all, , I appreciate you , And Go Falcons !!!!!!

Hi Slappy, you're one of my favorite posters. I want to thank you for being the person you are. Keep the fight and I'll keep you in my prayers brother. 

Knight of God and Slappywhite like this

14 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

Dennis hang in there

I want to share with you a personal story involving my family. My mother was diagnosed with heart failure years ago last year she went into rapid decline. Her doctor personally called me at home and told me they’ve done all they could and she only had weeks and had made arrangements for hospice. 

I thought this was the end but boy was I wrong everyone thinks when they hear hospice thats it. 

Not true at all today my mother is thriving and her vitals are better than mine  and getting stronger over a year later. She is spoiled rotten by the hospice team. Statistics show survival rates skyrocket using their service and she is living proof.

The doctors were wrong and now I have my mom back good luck brother I’ve got a feeling you have a lot of road left and God Bless You.

I've seen similar, my father-n-law was told he had 3 months. They were way wrong. My mother-n-law similar. My brother who was believed to be in perfect health had a heart attack the first of December 2017. His wife diagnosed with a very aggressive form of breast cancer the same day of the heart attack. She is finishing her treatment and they can find no cancer, my brother had a Quintuple by-pass is doing great. 

Been on here a long time with you brother, and this saddens my heart, but keep the faith and you can move mountains, bro. Better things await you. You'll be in my prayers, and hope to see you on here for a long time to come.

Slappywhite and Knight of God like this

6 hours ago, CaliFalcons said:

Sorry to hear that.  Rise up! 10 year battle but let's go for another 10! If not let's hope falcons win the sb so you can ride off into the sunset. In brotherhood, take care off yourself til then brother.

Yeah , I guess , I kinda owe you guys a backstory ,  I was diagnosed with liver desease back in 2008, I needed a liver but had a problem , I had cancer , so I spent  the next year in UNMC in Omaha , Ne , and was pronounced dormant, I got put on the midwest Transplant list , but the  cancer came back again only 2 months later, back to USMC , for more chemo, after 6 months of chemo , I had beaten it again , I had been away from home for nearly 5 years , missed my family.  So I transferred back to Ga and on the transplant list , I waited almost 5 years to get a transplant , When I got the transplant , the Drs noted that it was already in rejection , the rejection kept getting worse , despite the treatment , only person I told was @SkerFalcon8710 because he was going thru  cancer of his own , Emory tried to put me on Hospice last year , but I said no , and wasnt ready to give up, My kidneys have now come into play , so theres no more fighting back , They vow to keep me comfortable , they eased the mind of me and my wife , so I know its the right move .   I appreciate you all , for the laughs , the discussions and the freindships Ive built , I dont want any pity , but I'll take each and every prayer , and TY beforehand , The botched transplant , still was blessing in its own way , I got to see 4 more Grandchilden born , I got to see my daughter marry a good man after seeing her heart broken by losing her husband in Iraq , I got to meet you all. 

Top pic is standing from left Larry ( son-n-law ), Landon my son , his wife Hollie , and Justin my nephew 

, under him is his GF Amanda , my Mother n law Wynona ,  my daughter Tensley in red . My wife Melissa and me on the bottom left 

Edited by Slappywhite
Wardog357, papachaz, EddieK and 8 others like this

2 hours ago, Xfactor said:

Dennis hang in there

right ! I was told back in Nebraska , that there was no way Id live 5 years . I just celebrated the 10th anniversary of that , only God knows , Thank you X

Prayers defiantely (not a typo)

You're one of the better, kindest, and most fun posters on this board. It's a rare poster that is able to combine just the right amount of optimism, objectivity, and sarcastic wit, and you're among the few who can pull it off and consistently. Here's looking at the Falcons going all out, and you being there to see it.

Go Falcons and stay strong brother

42 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Thank you for sharing all this. 

I've had recently what I thought were a tough few months in my life.

My problems are nothing. 

wanted to say thank you to you as well Octo , Papachaz , Zeek , and Ive missed some but Ill get around to it